Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

SVZ

I'm watching this on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Ok. Maybe a warning should be put at the top of this in case someone doesn't want to know what happened and with that said if you don't want to know, DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING!!!!

I really think it sucks what happened to Will Turner. Does anyone feel there is going to be a sequel? Has to be! How can they leave it like that?!
    I was so sad that Will and Elizabeth didn't end up together. I mean they set this romance uo for 3 movies only to have it end like that? And the last scene after the credits just pissed me off more. Was anyone else upset bu the ending?

Quote Originally Posted by DontMindMe View Post
    I was so sad that Will and Elizabeth didn't end up together. I mean they set this romance uo for 3 movies only to have it end like that? And the last scene after the credits just pissed me off more. Was anyone else upset bu the ending?
    Did you read any of my posts in here? It explains the ending in more detail.

Terry did just update his blog though because some people said they actually liked the bittersweet ending they had, so he said that they wanted to leave it all open to interpretation. If you want them to be together, it's written so they are, but if you want them to be apart (all the bittersweet crap) then you can take it that way too.

Thanks for telling me about that last scene. I walked out of there wondering "What the hell kind of GD ending was that" so I didn't stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by bite me spidey View Post
    It is odd. I thought it was funny that it was cold enough for the guy's fucking toe to fall off, but Will can be in a light weight shirt and be totally fine. Maybe his hotness heated him up enough. Ok, that was lame but whatever.
    , the lightweight shirt is alright with me though!

Seriously, Orlando Bloom is breath taking now. Even my Mum who has forever said he was a pretty boy, and not attractive, was like 'Orlando Bloom is frickin GORRRRGEOUS!' It was funny.

Silver Member

Terry did just update his blog though because some people said they actually liked the bittersweet ending they had, so he said that they wanted to leave it all open to interpretation.
    Where can I find Terry's blog?

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    , the lightweight shirt is alright with me though!

Seriously, Orlando Bloom is breath taking now. Even my Mum who has forever said he was a pretty boy, and not attractive, was like 'Orlando Bloom is frickin GORRRRGEOUS!' It was funny.
    He is growing up verrrryyyy nicely.

As for Terry's blog -- there's a post on some Pirate forum that has all of his posts specifically (you'll spend all day going through it) so I'll just link you to that and you can read what Terry has said: Keep To The Code :: View topic - Will and Elizabeth

Oh come on, that's the oldest story in the book. It's been ripped off time and time and time and time and time again.
    Didn't george lucas in turn get some inspiration from other sources like some of them kurosawa samurai flicks?

I saw it today, it had its moments but I didn't like it as much as part two. A bit too long and way too many going back and forth, kinda like part one.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Didn't george lucas in turn get some inspiration from other sources like some of them kurosawa samurai flicks?

I saw it today, it had its moments but I didn't like it as much as part two. A bit too long and way too many going back and forth, kinda like part one.
    Yes. For the original film it has a plotline based on 'The Hidden Fortress' The others no. My point is this whole trilogy rips off the SW trilogy.

At least SW didnt try to get too complex - this movie tried to hard and just drowned out the comedic aspects that made the first one so good.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post

Of course he did. The lover going to save the damsel in distress with a rogue sidekick is the OLDEST story in the book. To act like this movie is specifically ripping off SW is ridiculous. The story is simple as can be with a bunch of pirates. If you look too hard at anything you'll find all sorts of similarities. Hell, I could probably say SW was ripping off LOTR if I took enough time to compare the two.

I see

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

is that spoiler true b/c I left too, that movie was way too long! and damn, i guess they fucked.

I didn't like it as much as #1 and #2. I fell asleep somewhere in the middle and I NEVER sleep during movies haha Once it ended I couldn't wait to get outta there, so I missed the little scene at the end of the credits. Oh well...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't quite get the ending... I thought Will was bound to the Dutchman for ever, with 1 day ashore every 10 years.

My housemates and I went to see this movie, and apart from N telling me off for laughing loudly at the cheesy bits and occasionally going "OK, that just doesn't make sense - does it?!" it was good. Nice fluff to watch.

THe only disappointing thing was teh Davy Jones/Calypso storyline. After all that stuff I wanted something a bit more impressive than a bloody whirlpool...

But that kinda summed up this film - nice, light entertainment, but any interesting plot points were tossed in favour of crowdpleasing repeats of previous jokes. Which meant that while it was an okay movie, and I'll get the DVD and happily watch it when I want to watch some fluff, it wasn't great either.

So many little bits just didn't make sense - why did Jack suddenly have his angel/devil and 1000 Jacks following him around?? (Though it was PISS funny!)

I thought this was going to be the last Pirates flick. Guess not, with that ending. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum... let's go find the fountain of youth!

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake View Post
    I didn't like it as much as #1 and #2. I fell asleep somewhere in the middle and I NEVER sleep during movies haha Once it ended I couldn't wait to get outta there, so I missed the little scene at the end of the credits. Oh well...
    Yep. I couldn't even be bothered staying for the ending because i hated the whole movie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information