Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

I did not like the ending for Will Turner. I felt the poor guy'd been through enough, give him a break. How do you know he gets Elizabeth in the end....she has to wait 10 years...her loins will be throbbing for someone else by then.

Also noticed the sore on the jaw....wonder what that was about.

They SO set up the sequel for #4.

Agreed, WAY too long.

I did like the lovestory between Davey Jones and Calypso but I was so wanting to see more from her. The storm and all just wasn't enough.

I saw it Sat morning...and loved it. It was long...and the ending was sad...but I really liked it...as did my entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I did not like the ending for Will Turner. I felt the poor guy'd been through enough, give him a break. How do you know he gets Elizabeth in the end....she has to wait 10 years...her loins will be throbbing for someone else by then.

Also noticed the sore on the jaw....wonder what that was about.

They SO set up the sequel for #4.

Agreed, WAY too long.
    The writers of the movie have been explaining the curse for quite some time now (they post in their own blogs and fans ask questions). Also, at the very end of the credits there is a scene where Will comes back from the other side and Elizabeth is waiting for him with their son on a hill. There's a flash of green light which is suppose to symbolize Will's soul has returned from the other side -- so he's alive again and they can be together.

Quote Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
    Ok, someone put a spoilers warning in the title!

Also, does he become mortal? I mean, who becomes the capt of the flying dutchman if he becomes mortal?

and I think there will of P of the C, iV, with Jack looking for the fountain of youth, because did you all notice his HUGE sore on his jaw? what the hell?!
    It's been quite complicated because there were so many questions asked online, but basically, Terry Rossio (the writer) said that if he does his duty for 10 years and Elizabeth is faithful to him for 10 years then he is no longer bound to the Dutchman and he is free to go as he pleases. A lot of people were confused about whether or not he would be mortal then, but Terry said that the green flash at the end is suppose to symbolize a soul returning to the living. So basically, until Rossio says otherwise, Will is mortal again and I guess he will just appoint someone else captain.

He's had the sore on his jaw since curse of the black pearl. I guess looking like he has shingles or something makes him more piratey?
    Dramatically overdramatic

**spoiler alert**

did anyone stick around for the credit? i did.
    After the credit rolled, there is a secret ending.

SCROLL DOWN FOR SPOILER

10 years later, Will returned. Oh what do you know, Elizabeth and their son are there waiting for him.

^^Thanks! I had to dash out and pee, didn't wait through the credits! What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post
    **spoiler alert**

did anyone stick around for the credit? i did.
    After the credit rolled, there is a secret ending.

SCROLL DOWN FOR SPOILER

10 years later, Will returned. Oh what do you know, Elizabeth and their son are there waiting for him.

Thank you for that!! I feel much better now. My 5 year old daughter was barely holding on until the end of the movie, so we dashed out to the restroom as soon as the credits began. Darn the luck...guess I'll just HAVE to go back and see it again...hehe...by myself this time!

Quote Originally Posted by bite me spidey View Post
    The writers of the movie have been explaining the curse for quite some time now (they post in their own blogs and fans ask questions). Also, at the very end of the credits there is a scene where Will comes back from the other side and Elizabeth is waiting for him with their son on a hill. There's a flash of green light which is suppose to symbolize Will's soul has returned from the other side -- so he's alive again and they can be together.

Ok, didn't wait for that. That makes a little more sense, then.

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    He's had the sore on his jaw since curse of the black pearl. I guess looking like he has shingles or something makes him more piratey?
    I didn't notice that. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again to see.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by bite me spidey View Post
    It's been quite complicated because there were so many questions asked online, but basically, Terry Rossio (the writer) said that if he does his duty for 10 years and Elizabeth is faithful to him for 10 years then he is no longer bound to the Dutchman and he is free to go as he pleases. A lot of people were confused about whether or not he would be mortal then, but Terry said that the green flash at the end is suppose to symbolize a soul returning to the living. So basically, until Rossio says otherwise, Will is mortal again and I guess he will just appoint someone else captain.
    Ahhh, thanks for that explanation. I was under the impression he could only return for one day every ten years. It does make that conversation between Davy Jones & Calypso make sense ("you never showed up") and why he felt betrayed.

How would Will appoint someone else though? Don't they need their heart cut out? And what if he can't find anyone?!?

One thing that didn't make sense - as they were going through that Arctic like place, everyone covered in ice, Elizabeth bundled in a blanket, there's Will partly bare-chested. Not that I'm complaining , just found it rather odd.

It is odd. I thought it was funny that it was cold enough for the guy's fucking toe to fall off, but Will can be in a light weight shirt and be totally fine. Maybe his hotness heated him up enough. Ok, that was lame but whatever.

I assume Will will just go, "you, captain now." I wouldn't be surprised if his father took his job for him since he sacrificed so much for him. I'm not sure about the heart curse cause Davy is dead now and Will broke his own curse... I dunno. I'm guessing he's just going to appoint someone of the crew to be captain since they're already dead.

I just came back from seeing it, and oh lord, i was bored shitless. I hated this one. Loved the first, the second was ok, but this one blew it for me. And i KNOW its an action movie but i thought it was so violent and repetitive. I can safely say I'm completely over Pirates of the Caribbean now.

The only positive thing i can say is Orlando Bloom is getting better with age.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I just came back from seeing it, and oh lord, i was bored shitless. I hated this one. Loved the first, the second was ok, but this one blew it for me. And i KNOW its an action movie but i thought it was so violent and repetitive. I can safely say I'm completely over Pirates of the Caribbean now.

The only positive thing i can say is Orlando Bloom is getting better with age.
    Just like fine wine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information