Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People who come into the theater after the start time!

Bootlegs are your friend! Quality sucks and it's illegal but it's worth it not to be sitting in a theater with late jackasses, crying kids, ringing cell phones and foul smelling nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    Bootlegs are your friend! Quality sucks and it's illegal but it's worth it not to be sitting in a theater with late jackasses, crying kids, ringing cell phones and foul smelling nachos.

Foul smelling people too. One time I went to go see the first spiderman with a few friends. Few minutes before the movie starts, a couple of dudes ask if the two open seats next to us were open. I stupidly said yes, and boy did I pay for it. This dude had B.O. that literally made your eyes f**king water the stench was SO bad. Too much perfume/cologne is bad also.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^That's nasty. I've been through it all too. I guess it's too much to ask for people to show some respect to moviegoers. They need to make up rules and post them on the door. I'm tired of people being rude and inconsiderate. It makes my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    Bootleg movies. Talk about memories. My uncle used to sell them in Newark. Hell, back in the day, in almost any urban city you went into they used to set up tables on the corner and sell them right there, especially during the summer. But with the crackdown that's kind of eased up.

But, yeah, bootleg DVD's have some poor quality. But I used to love it when people would walk in front of the camera and all you'd see are big shadows blocking the movie while people go back and forth to get popcorn or to the bathroom. Talk about bringing the movie experience home with you. LOL.

All this shit and then some is why I almost NEVER go see movies in the theaters. I now know why rich people have their own private screenings and/or home theaters.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

i remember when a friend of mine Bootlegged titanic for me. i got it before the movie came out. i was so paranoid i closed the curtains and shut off all of the lights. i'm sure the neighbors thought i was masturbating, not watching a movie.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gold Member

this is why i prefer watching tv at home these days

It's also annoying when people come and go, usually young kids, who go out then come back in, god knows why.

My husband drives me nuts about waltzing in to a movie after the start time, you know, when the previews are showing. He thinks it's dumb when I want to hurry up and get there early so you can sit and wait 10 min. for the movie to start.

It pisses me off because this means I don't get a seat I want and I'm sure other people are pissed off when I make them get up and walk in front of them to get to my seat. Meanwhile, he's all like, "WTF is the big deal, it's not like we're missing the movie." He just really doesn't get it and I want to hit him sometimes for making ME out to be the irrational bitch in this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Bootleg movies. Talk about memories. My uncle used to sell them in Newark. Hell, back in the day, in almost any urban city you went into they used to set up tables on the corner and sell them right there, especially during the summer. But with the crackdown that's kind of eased up.

But, yeah, bootleg DVD's have some poor quality. But I used to love it when people would walk in front of the camera and all you'd see are big shadows blocking the movie while people go back and forth to get popcorn or to the bathroom. Talk about bringing the movie experience home with you. LOL.

My friend had a dvd from Bali and whoever filmed it was talking the whole time, and you couldhear that clearer than the movie dialogue

Rant on! Add in screaming babies who have no business being in a movie theater. Get a fucking sitter like everyone else in the theater!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Rant on! Add in screaming babies who have no business being in a movie theater. Get a fucking sitter like everyone else in the theater!!!!
    Yeah, I hate when people bring babies to the movies. The kid's too young to watch the movie, so what's the point? And then they start screaming and wailing and the parents just sit there like nothing's happening. Either pay for a babysitter or stay home.

But sometimes little kids are a pain, too. I remember when I went to the movies years ago to see Malcolm X with some of my friends and I was in the aisle seat and this kid just kept running up and down the aisle through the entire movie. His grandmother just sat there watching the movie like nothing was happening. Finally, I got fed up and said 'fuck it' and stuck my foot out and tripped him as he came running past me again. He sat down after that and didn't make another sound.

This is why I try to go to the movies in the middle of the day, while the little darlings are still in school. And if I go in the evening I like to get there at least 25-30mins. earlier!! I am a little anal when someone else makes me late for a movie!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

When the hubby, my son and I went to see I Am Legend a couple weeks ago, we got there about 20 minutes early, sat in the front row (so I can stretch my abnormally long legs out) and were all ready.

Surprisingly there weren't that many people there, but this lady with walking sticks just had to sit right in the middle of the front row. Of course she got there 20 minutes late and then had to come in and out literally five times. (I only mention the walking sticks cause we all had to get up and vacate the row so she could get through - not cause I'm discriminating against disabled people.) We finally got up and moved after the fourth time. I actually said "are you joking me" as she came down towards us the third time.

I've walked out of movies and asked for refunds, or made the ushers come in and kick people out. Fuck em! If they can't act like a civilized human being, one of us is leaving. And I'm usually a much more persuasive bitcher than they are.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

When i saw the exorcist, there was these annoying girls in the row in front who were making such a scene; yes its scary but they were carrying on, and being disruptive. I would have LOVED to have dumped my drink on them in the scene where Linda Blair is vomiting, HAHA!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information