Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Yea,...I don't get the attraction, there. I assume it is just because he is being attentive and there for her, and Joel hasn't been since taking this job. Shit,...she was busy and over looked and ignored Joel and family issues when he stayed home, and she was out of the house and busy working. Damn, people!! Marriage takes work and it doesn't always go smoothly, and there are high and many low or rough patches. Get your shit together, Julia!! lol

Oh dear God, are Julia and Joel going to get a divorce?

This post has not been proofread

She should have told him when he asked...now he thinks she was hiding it or lying. Not that it wouldn't have left them at the same point they are now...but it just makes her less believable.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I hate what the writers are doing. They've completely changed Joel's character and now he's being such a dick. Didn't some chick kiss him in one of the first seasons? I feel like he's going way overboard by threatening to move out.

And can we get less Amber.. please?

I know...did the body snatchers come and take away the real Joel?

I'm sick of all the Amber angst too. It's getting really cliche. I guess they needed some excuse to bring back John Corbett.
    laynes likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

It was such a good show last night!! Made me tear up when Zeke went to talk with Joel. Awwww.....sniff!

Max Braverman asking his parents why every kid hates him, if he is a freak and his parents inability to answer had me choking. That kid deserves to at least get nominated for all the awards.

Joel and Julia. Just sigh.

Anybody else a bit uncomfortable with how touchy feely Drew and Amber are being?

I'm sorry, but the whole Max story pisses me off. Yes, of course the other kids hate him because he is a BRAT. Sorry, Bravermans, but your snowflake needs behavioral counseling etc to figure out how to conform to the world around him, because it's not going to conform to him. Why didn't they find someone to replace the girl who quit because she screwed Crosby? It's like they just decided to "mainstream" him without giving him any coping tools at all. Wouldn't that be preferable to starting their own special school which will only further shelter and isolate him from the real world? Don't get me wrong, I understand their instinct to protect him and not want to see him hurt, but I think they are doing more harm than good. How long before he physically attacks someone (like he did his aunt Sara) when he doesn't get his way?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I agree. Max needs to try to learn, or be introduced to some coping skills. The world won't bend for him,...and he will have to learn how to cope with it. Not saying that it is right or fair...but it is a cruel world. And he won't always have the Braverman's pitch hitting for him. And I agree, he needs some discipline and consequences for his actions. He shouldn't get off scott free all the time due to his disability.

I was thrown into tears the last 2 weeks with Zeke reaching out to Joel last week and Max realizing that he has a disability and always will this week.

I missed the show last Thursday due to my daughter's soccer game, and the finale is next week. Hope I can catch up sometime this week.

Edit: Just watched the show and it was another good one. This show has made me cry the last 3-4 weeks! Not sure if it is getting picked up for next year or not.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; April 14th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

I really liked the finale. I really hope there's another season but if not, they ended it in a nice way with the family dinner torch being passed to Adam and Kristina. The only bit which really irked me was Amber and Ryan.... On the hospital bed.... With all his injuries. Did they really have sex on the hospital bed?? And how could she be pregnant so soon afterwards???

By the by, Max needed a smack or something for his behaviour during the suit fitting! I understand Kristina was blind sided by what was revealed by Max but that rudeness is not acceptable ... Aspergers or not.

Yea,...some spanking and discipline with that kid would go a long way,....even with his disability.

The whole Amber and Ryan thing just reminded me that she is Sarah's daughter. That is exactly something her Mom would do in the moment, and then freak out later at the consequence and expect her family to bail her out.

I think they ended it pretty good in case that is the shows end. I still haven't heard if the show is picked up next season or not.

Gahhh don't get me started (again) with Max. I don't think I agree with spanking, because the way that kid is, he'd probably hit you back. Not sure what the show is trying to portray as far as Asperger's goes, but to me, it's getting into a really negative stereotype now. He's not only rude and socially inappropriate, now he's getting aggressive and physical which is dangerous especially since he's getting bigger and stronger. Yet his parents still act like the world needs to conform to him. At this rate, I could see him ending up in jail where no one will care about his special snowflake problems.

Amber needs to run as fast as she can from that psycho boyfriend and his psycho mom. Didn't she learn from her parents that you can't FIX somebody? (especially not with sex and then a babee!) And dumbass Sara just acts like what her daughter is doing is healthy? Not that she's ever been a good role model...

Julia and Joel's daughter is another brat and a half. And Joel just snapped out of it and decided he wanted his family back after all? Of course, after Julia screwed the teacher. (maybe she'll miraculously get pregnant too or get an STD or something to cause more drama)

Honestly, I think I hate this family. If the show is cancelled, it might be a bit of a relief.

New and last season of Parenthood starts Thursday!! Can't wait for this one, too!!

*sigh* I guess I'll have to hatewatch.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information