Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Parenthood

^Lauren Graham/Lorelai Gilmore.

And yes, her character is annoying the hell out of me too. In fact, they all are. I liked this show when it first came out, but I'm finding it boring and predictable now.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So was that the season finale last night? It kills me how these shows now end at the beginning of the year. When I was a kid,...seasons seemed to end around May for the summer, then start up new in September.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; January 23rd, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    So what that the season finale last night? It kills me how these shows now end at the beginning of the year. When I was a kid,...seasons seemed to end around May for the summer, then start up new in September.
    Or they start in September. Take December -February off and come back in March and end for the season in May. I guess the main networks are trying to keep up with the cable networks in odd scheduling. Who knows?

They only had like 12 episodes in their season though. If they had normal 22/23 episodes, then it would be ending in April/May.

I loved the Court House scene with everyone there and the promises they made. And I also loved Victor asking Snotty Sydney if she would come to the ceremony. It was sweet.

BUT I don't understand how the episodes didn't explain what happened between Drew hyperventilating at his mother's door to Sarah acting all normal around him. Did he explain the situation? I mean what happened?

I was surprised Sarah chose the photographer guy because I love Mark but I get why she did. But I did like that it blew up in her face a bit when he said he's moving. She shouldn't have been so indecisive.

Really hope it gets picked up for another season.

We were just discussing this at work today. That they never addressed what happened after Drew broke down, and was crying on his Mom's front step. They just kind of dropped it. In the last show we did see Drew and his girlfriend talking about where they were going to college and saying their goodbyes. That was it. I assume they wanted to tie that story up and that is the last we will see of that.

I really dislike Sarah, but I wish she would have stayed with Mark. I can't stand Raymond on this show. He is so monotone and has NO personality. Sarah is a hot mess and can barely articulate a sentence, let alone figure out her life. She has been living at her parents house for like 5 years now,....get it together! Even her daughter has her own place.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

She got dumped and fired in one fell swoop. Doh!
    laynes likes this.

I read that Parenthood was renewed for another season. Not sure when it will start up though.

The new season started last Thursday,...anyone still watching? I loved seeing Crosby trying to get the hang of a newborn. Lord,...I remember those days.

I don't care for Raymond on this show, or whatever his name is,...Hank? He is so monotone and he isn't funny on this show. I bet they try to shove him and Sarah back together. I wish they would have left her with John Ritters son. The difference in their ages could have opened up a ton of storylines for a marriage.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I quit watching this because their constant talking over each other was beyong annoying but I love Jason Ritter and I wish they would've left he and Sarah together.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

lol I have three daughters, and when we are all together, we get like that, too. We try not to talk over each other, or have 2-3 conversations going at once, but it always seems to happen. My best friend doesn't understand how we can do that and watch a movie at the same time,....we stress her out.

Bronze Member

I'm watching too. I wish Sarah and Mark had ended up together but they can explore the similarities between Hank and Max now. They can at least tie him into that storyline. I'm not sure I like that Kristina is going to be running for mayor.

I can say that the scene where Ryan comes back from deployment made me tear up. It took me back to when my DH got back from Iraq.

I am sure that hit home with you, Pink. Very emotional. I hope he will be okay re-adjusting to being home again.

Does Hank have a disorder? I must have missed it,...but it would make sense with some of his behaviors and how he deals/or doesn't deal with issues.

Bronze Member

They have never addressed whether Hank has any disorders but he really seems to connect with Max in a way that no one else really has. I think that will be one of the better storylines this season.

I fell asleep last night and missed the last half of the show...but watched enough to know that Sarah still bugs me. She is so needy and jittery.....she drives me nuts. She is in her mid 40's and still has no clue about her life. Her daughter is more grounded and on a better path at 21ish than her Mom.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Anyone else watch Parenthood last night? I just love all the storylines of all the members of the family, and how they are intwined with each other. The Joni Mitchell song that is track 9, being The Bone Zone was hilarious. I wonder what song that is and off of what album. I was never a Joni Mitchell fan, so I don't know her music.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information