Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pageant kids on Maury Povich show tomorrow

For the record, I didn't see the show. Though, I fully intend to catch on reruns. Anyone else see it??

Elite Member

If you have some time, go watch the HBO documentary "Living Dolls" on Youtube.

Pageants are scams for white trash mostly. Entrance fees and expenses are so high, and the prize money is pretty small.

That was a good doc. Scary the lengths that some of those parents went to. And even though they complain about the people who run the pageants and the prizes, they still keep entering their kids.

Living Dolls is a very accurate documentary. Didn't know it was on youtube, seen it on HBO. Since that doc is a few years old, it doesn't show some of the more recent things added into pageants. Spray tans weren't popular when that was filmed, same with the digital photos. It's unbelievable how out of hand people get when it comes to pageants. It is an expensive hobby, people have got divorced, lost their houses, etc. all to keep doing pageants. Honestly can't put my finger on why it's so addicting for people. We walked away from it with no problem. We're the small minority. It's like a drug, people lose all sense of judgment and common sense. They bash pageants and directors, saying the pageants are fixed, yet they keep going back to those same pageants.

Yeah, we've seen some of those retouched photos and our past 'pageant-mom' board attack showcased exactly how fucked up, brutal and hysterical they can be.

Going over to their messageboards it was nothing but women degrading each others kids, massive and complex clique politics, backstabbing, namecalling, all wrapped in the pretty bow of "Remember, it's for the children!"

Such hypocritical bullshit, but I guess it lets them sleep at night while little DeJournéReaganWynter LaRochelle is writing down chapter names to the book she''' be writing 10 years from then in a bid to rid herself of the demons she picked up in childhood.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yep Grimm, you've pretty much summed it up nicely!

I have a sick urge to go undercover to one of these things, out of a purely voyeuristic curiosity, and see how horrible they are close up.

I also want to rent a mascot costume and go to a Furry convention for the same reason, but I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I have a sick urge to go undercover to one of these things, out of a purely voyeuristic curiosity, and see how horrible they are close up.
    I'd love to see you with the makeup, big hair, forced smile and frilly dress impersonating a child beauty queen! I'll go undercover as your horribly overbearing stage mother. Judging by the majority of the mothers in the documentaries and news item I've seen, I'd have to double in weight, get some sort of frizzy eighties rat's nest on my head and wear polyester. Don't forget to flirt with the judges!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Oh Grimm you should total do it. Crap you are in Canada, I don't think pageants are too big up there, you gotta go down South. Twitchy I'd pay money to see you as Grimms stage mom. It's mindboggling when you first see this happening. Fascinating yet disturbing. Oh I wholeheartedly recommend witnessing the experience first hand to get the full effect! You know the voy boards that advertise the pageants coming up, they really aren't hard to find. Sadly.

MSNBC just posted an article today about natural pageants making a resurgence. That's a whole other ballgame, there's "talent scouts" and "modeling agents" that judge. They'll get parents hopes up. The family that's profiled in this MSNBC article, fools that they are, moved from Virginia to LA to make their 8 year old a star. Seriously. How stupid can you be. Guess there's a sucker born every minute.

I don't know if this is a new show, or the same show from the other day, but I am watching Maury as I type this (as I usually do) and it's about Pageant kids/moms. There is one girl who is 3, and her mom has been entering in to pagents since she was 3 weeks old. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    Oh Grimm you should total do it. Crap you are in Canada, I don't think pageants are too big up there, you gotta go down South.
    Yeah, as far as we know we don't do beauty pageants much up here.. I think most canadians would be aghast at involving our children in something as guache as that

You know, we don't like to make a big deal out of ANYTHING so this would just go against our very nature. We'd be on stage going "oh stop making such a fuss, it's really nothing.. please, this tiara is really too much, a polite clapping will do.." all the while being red faced in embarrassment at that much attention being paid to us.

Twitchy I'd pay money to see you as Grimms stage mom. It's mindboggling when you first see this happening. Fascinating yet disturbing. Oh I wholeheartedly recommend witnessing the experience first hand to get the full effect! You know the voy boards that advertise the pageants coming up, they really aren't hard to find. Sadly.
    So if you're not a kids father or parent or guardian, or dance coach or whatever.. how the hell do you get in.. as a spectator?

MSNBC just posted an article today about natural pageants making a resurgence. That's a whole other ballgame, there's "talent scouts" and "modeling agents" that judge. They'll get parents hopes up. The family that's profiled in this MSNBC article, fools that they are, moved from Virginia to LA to make their 8 year old a star. Seriously. How stupid can you be. Guess there's a sucker born every minute.
    Yeah, which gives us a lot of time to laugh! HAH!

OMG! One of the moms of a 5 yr old girl just admitted that PERHAPS these pagents weren't the 'best thing for her (the 5 yr old)' and that maybe, just maybe this was an addiction of the moms. I about fell over. Course Maury blew it off and made the kid go through w/her routine...

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If their parent sees potential, go for it. Its good they get to do it on national TV rather than in some small city where the audience would be alot smaller.

Thats alot better than having topics like "My 3 Year Old Weighs 130lbs" Then they show them backstage eating a bag of chips or chicken wing with hot sauce all over the kids face. Ughhh! Kool-Aid and Cola in a bottle!!!

It's exploitive and just another way for the white trash mothers to live through their kids all the while traumatising them.

Many of those pageant moms are little better than the perverts they attract by tarting up their precious little pedo bait in makeup, whorish costumes and huge hair wigs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information