Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overrated TV shows

the most overrated show to me would be Prison Break. I don't know why but that show is just boring and does'nt keep my attention too long. House is much better and more interesting.

And another overated show I hate is Dancing with the Stars. Where the hell are all these celeb competition shows coming from?

I'm betting there's a lot out there but I haven't seen them, hehe. So I'd just be guessing.

I do love Gilmore Girls though. That's a clever and enjoyable show, though you wouldn't want to watch more than an episode or two in a row. I'm torn on Seinfeld, but it obviously hit the spot for a lot of viewers, so I can't really say it was overrated. Didn't always do it for me, but it wasn't a bad show. I enjoyed Friends, though I certainly get people not digging the characters as people. I found them funny to watch though.

America's Funniest Home Videos'

Bob Faggot needs to die.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    As long as we're in defense mode might I add:
    Desperate Housewives deserves the hype!! It's a salacious, ridiculous "Oh-my-God-can-you-believe-what-she-just-did?!?!" kind of show! Total guilty pleasure!!
    I somewhat disagree Ho. It was that fantatstic, salacious, ridiculous show in it's first season. It's definitely gone downhill since then. I'm not giving up yet though!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Bob Faggot needs to die.
    omg u call him that too?!

and yes he does need to die NOW! -he's a pervert in real life who preys off young good looking women in hollywood...

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I somewhat disagree Ho. It was that fantatstic, salacious, ridiculous show in it's first season. It's definitely gone downhill since then. I'm not giving up yet though!
    Season 2 most definitely wasn't for newcomers. Not every episode had you on the edge of your seat wondering how people were going to get out of the impossible situations in which they put themselves. Lost was the same way. Anybody new to the show would have a hard time caring, especially since there were interruptions in air dates.

Same thing with 'Prison Break.' Unless you were there in the beginning, like I was, you won't care about the characters or the OH MY GOD cliff-hangers and build-up and psychological suspense. Prison Break is a good show, and I look forward to it every Monday!!!

I'm still trying to think of a show I think's overrated. If I ever watched 'Big Brother' I'd probably say that show is. But I don't, so I can't.

Greys Anatomy....there I said it. It's an okay show, it doesn't totally blow, but it is totally ova-hyped and ova-rated!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    Then your opinion means nothing. I could add Gilmore Girls to the list, but I didn't because, to be fair, I'VE NEVER SEEN AN EPISODE.

Your post thoroughly confuses me. Maybe you didn't get the point of this thread???
    Yeah, exactly. You cant criticize a show you've never watched. Fair enough, you might think its talked about too much, but you really have to watch some of the show to make a fair judgement.

I used to HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE Friends- all before I ever even watched an episode. I think it was because I heard way too much about it. And then one day I got sick and was stuck in bed and watched a friends marathon and now I love it. So....

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I would say pretty much all of them, at least on network TV.
    I totally agree.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Friends
    Seinfeld
    OC
    Dawson
    I agree with all of them except Seinfeld. Someone said they thought it was dated and it's funny because mr butt and I were saying the exact opposite teh other day. MASH, Cheers, Friends, those have all dated but Seinfeld still has me laughing.

Anyway, I still sort of like South Park but since Family Guy came on, I'm a convert.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I definitely disagree with whomever said Frasier ... that was a great sitcom! It's not often that a spin-off ends up being better than the original show, but I think that Frasier was heads and tails above Cheers. Smart and funny ... I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I definitely disagree with whomever said Frasier ... that was a great sitcom! It's not often that a spin-off ends up being better than the original show, but I think that Frasier was heads and tails above Cheers. Smart and funny ... I loved it!
    ditto. frasier was great. much better than cheers
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information