Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated films

But then my movie would charge your movie with a hate crime and then YOUR movie would get reamed in the ass everyday by a 306 lb thug named Junior.

But your movie would like it.

Yes, not much of a punishment for my movie
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^ Did I mention that Junior is a Mexlamic??

Eli

i got the other points to crash. still didn't do it for me though. then again, neither did brokeback.
    i think i'll avoid academy award nominated films from now on!! They're just not good!

Dreamgirls
    Babel
    Clerks
    Dances with Wolves
    The Aviator
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Crash
    Hustle & Flow

I'm especially glad to see Titanic, Saving Private Ryan and Forrest Gump hated on, as they are on my top Most Loathed Movies Of All Time.

Another overrated one..."The Blair Witch Project". I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to horror films, yet I spent most of that one bored out of my mind. The only 'scary' thing about it is how effective marketing can be and how many people can be duped into believing any old crap is real.

The DaVinci Code. Granted, a lot of it is just based on my hatred of the book, but even then, I couldn't believe Ian McKellen wasted his time with that crap. Also, pretty much every movie Tom Hanks has starred in-man deserves his own category.

God, I agree with almost everything on here!

I really didn't like Borat, which really surprised me. I had read all of these awesome reviews, then saw it and left horribly unimpressed. It was funny in certain parts but certainly not witty or original, in my opinion.

Sissy Spacek was absolutely 100% robbed of an Oscar in In The Bedroom. That being said, the movie was a huge bore.

I liked Crash as simple Hollywood entertainment, but was shocked when it was announced as an Oscar contender. It simply did not have that level of brilliance. But then again the Oscars are complete crap as well.

Whoever said The Blair Witch Project was spot on. It had the potential to be a great movie and fell horribly short.

Walk The Line was just awful. Great performances, weak screenplay. I have never wanted to walk out of a movie before this one. Two hours of my life I want back.

Sideways was uber-pretentious and just boring.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith was time wasted.

A History of Violence was ridiculous, and I had such high hopes for it.

I loathed The Aviator. One of the most overhyped and awful films I've seen in awhile. Although Cate Blanchett was phenomenal in it. Too bad she couldn't carry the whole movie.

But I adored Brokeback, Saving Private Ryan, Memento, Eternal Sunshine, and Shawshank Redemption.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    Definitely agree with this. For some reason, I couldn't stand it, never clicked with it, and actually walked out.

crash

Those effing Matrix films.

The Godfather. It's a good film, with a few great scenes, but I don't think it deserves to be placed first or second on so many "greatest films of all time" lists. IMO it isn't even the best gangster film, and I thought Marlon Brando's performance was awful. Yep, I said it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^It's interesting to get someone's take on it who is young (pardon me if you're NOT young! it just seems that way).

When it first came out, it was the BOMB because there'd been no other movie like it, and it had a stellar all-star cast not to mention it had been a runaway bestseller. It's like The Da Vinci Code of the 70's. I've gone back and watched it and felt the same way you do. It makes me nostalgic though because it was such a big deal back then.

I watched it for the first time last year and I LOVED it. I was watching it from a film analysis perspective, so that may have influenced my opinion on it, but I thought it was really fantastic (and I'm young).

However, Citizen Kane is number 1 on almost every list and I liked it, but didn't think it was the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE. I'm pretty sure a lot of that opinion has to do with the fact that all of the things that were so revolutionary about it are pretty commonplace in film today so it wasn't that amazing from that perspective.

Girl With The Pearl Earring.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information