Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Overrated films

Eli

Never seen Moulin Rouge, but I did manage to catch them constantly ripping off other artists songs, which put me off. And a green Kylie Minogue even smaller than she is, which I thought impossible. Baz Luhrman scares me.

Sometimes when a movie is so over hyped, it ruins it for me. I don't even have any desire to see some of them by the time they come out. I am probably going to get some flack for this, and i bet i'm the only one, but I was so sick of all the hype for Titanic that by the time it came to a nearby theatre, I had no urge to see it...and i still haven't.

^^You're not missing that much.

The boat sank, bitch didn't share her floating door, guy drowned.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2007 View Post
    Dances With Wolves. Yuck, it seemed to drag on for years. I use this movie as a cure for my insomnia when I have had too many sleepless nights.

Moulin Rouge. One movie I wanted to walk out of after 10 minutes. As I took my mum to see it I couldn't leave. To add insult to injury my mum wanted to walk out as well but didn't want to offend me. I should have known it would be mindless drivel when Oprah recommended it.

Chicago. Pretentious crap. Rambled on forever.

Forest Gump. Made no sense and was plain old silly. As it was my first date with my to be husband, I couldn't walk out.

Ghost. One of the most unromantic films I have ever seen in my life. That scene where Demi Moore is molding the clay was painfully unerotic and made me want to vomit. If I had to choose between this and Titanic. Please bring on the screechy unlistenable Celine Dion.

Totally agree on Citizen Kane. Yes it was revolutionary some of the techniques used. But the film had no story and pathetic acting.

Fight Club. After being told I should get it for my husband and I would love it as well, I feel totally ripped off. $30.00 of my money I will never see again. Thankfully I was at home and could leave the room.

Dr Zhivago. The movie was excruciatingly boring and I don't understand why it was ever made. I was made as a kid to go to the drive in with my parents to see it. Thankfully after the first hour I fell asleep and woke up to see the last 3 minutes. This was 30 years ago and I still have rage towards this movie.

The Runaway Bride. Yet another movie I was told I would love. It was purely stupid and just because Julia Roberts and Richard Gee agreed to reunite does not mean this movie should have been made. Please movie executives do not reunite these 2 actors again.

Toy Story. My 3 year old daughter was insulted by the sheer inanity of it. Thankfully she had the discernment to stop watching after 5 minutes. Even then she only lasted that long because I had the pop corn.
    i agree with all of that, except fight club that was a great peice of work. however u couldnt find a movie which was more for a guy than it lol

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^I couldn't get why everyone liked it. Same with Mystic River. Good book, terrible movie.
    X2

however i the ending of million dollar baby was still quite memorable and set it apart from most boxing movies' glamourous cliched endings..

I add my own vote for Moulin Rouge-but how was it overrated, anyway? It was never considered a cinematic achievement, just campy entertainment (and it failed to deliver even in that aspect).

I still haven't seen Titanic, don't think I ever will.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    ^^I couldn't get why everyone liked it. Same with Mystic River. Good book, terrible movie.
    If I haven't already mentioned Mystic River (and I think I may have, lol), you can add me to this list. I read the book first, didn't even think it was all that amazing (it was good), and was still incredibly disappointed in the film - even though I love most of the cast. It just... didn't move, or something. It felt very tired.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who didn't see Titanic. Everyone I know has seen it, and thinks I'm crazy for not having seen it. I just have never had the desire to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who didn't see Titanic. Everyone I know has seen it, and thinks I'm crazy for not having seen it. I just have never had the desire to see it.
    Ditto for me.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

u didnt miss out on much, its just your typical love story however this time a ship sinks and leonardo di caprio dies. big fucking deal

I've seen Titanic about 10 times by chance. Dont own the dvd or anything, and its not one of my favourite movies thats for sure. Overrated definately.

Agree with Moulin Rouge and Dances With Wolves. Both major snoozefests.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    The boat sank, bitch didn't share her floating door, guy drowned.
    You know, that still pisses me off. I mean, I know it's a movie and all, but what? It's supposed to be some tragic love story?? Bitch, that ain't love, lettin' yo man drown. Or did he freeze to death first? Stupid bitch.

Thread Information