Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated films

Seems it's all rumored over on IMDB, but looks like Jude Law as Ozymandias and Gerard Butler in some random role I'm praying is not Rorschach, I don't think he's right for that part.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Seems it's all rumored over on IMDB, but looks like Jude Law as Ozymandias and Gerard Butler in some random role I'm praying is not Rorschach, I don't think he's right for that part.
    I can sat that Roschnarch is NOT Gerard Butler...sorry again for hijacking but Forrest Whiticker has a nice part and blue gangbangs will stil be involved...Im not just a nerd.I should be working on this right now...........oh yeah.......not actual gangbangs, just cgi ones

*swoon* 300 *swoon*

FYI: I don't know nothin' 'bout no graphic novels. Saw Sin City, liked it, but didn't love it. Some parts were real cool, but some was boooooring and had horrid acting. Lately, though, I guess since about the time I started seeing trailers for 300, I've had a growing interest in graphic novels. I want to write one. So far, what's swilling in my head is: trains, hell, transit workers. Maybe something about transit workers in hell? I dunno...

Is there a graphic novel section at Barnes & Noble? They're the ones that let you sit and read their stuff without buying, right? I think I'm gonna go there on a day off and loaf.

There is a graphic novel section at Barnes and Noble and Borders stores, but it's usually pretty small compared to the Manga section. They should have the major ones though. I don't have any to recommend though. I'm not a HUGE graphic novel person, I've read a handful but I'm by no means an expert. I happen to love Alan Moore's stuff b/c it's so complex, there's a whole lot of stuff going on- and The Watchmen is just fantastic (I did a paper on it for a lit class last semester, it was so much fun, but a HUGE undertaking). My sister's far more of a comic nerd (she's the girl that works in a comc book store and drives the nerds crazy, they aren't used to pretty girls that like comics), but she's not around to ask if there's anything along those lines.

Thanks, NoDay! I must remember to check out 'The Watchman,' cuz I ain't never done heard of it before now.

It's like an alt superhero graphic novel, very complex though, lots going on, comic within the comic, extra lit stuff at the end of every section, timeline jumping and everything. It's SO good. The core story is basically about a group of aged superheroes (somewhat like Justice League-teamed up to fight crime together) after the murder of one of the original group-it's set in a world where superheroes exist and they're real with their own issues, problems, neurosis, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    *swoon* 300 *swoon*

FYI: I don't know nothin' 'bout no graphic novels. Saw Sin City, liked it, but didn't love it. Some parts were real cool, but some was boooooring and had horrid acting. Lately, though, I guess since about the time I started seeing trailers for 300, I've had a growing interest in graphic novels. I want to write one. So far, what's swilling in my head is: trains, hell, transit workers. Maybe something about transit workers in hell? I dunno...

Is there a graphic novel section at Barnes & Noble? They're the ones that let you sit and read their stuff without buying, right? I think I'm gonna go there on a day off and loaf.
    i like graphic novels too. i haven't read that many and i admit what little i know is mainly thanks to an ex that was a total comic book geek but there are some great ones: ghost world (daniel clowes), jimmy korrigan, the smartest kid on earth (chris ware), and i love the persepolis series (marjane satrapi).
    other than that my only exposure to the genre are french comics which are basically graphic novels since they are in book form and longer than the typical comics. i pretty much learned french reading tin tin and later on i loved enki bilal. he's amazing, i would definitely try to find an english translation of those, especially the nikopol trilogy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

No day give me a quick shout out during the Manhat ....scenes.....Im working with more vigor now.......I hate this job, I used to sleep......we got rid of the comic within the comic bullshit though

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i like graphic novels too. i haven't read that many and i admit what little i know is mainly thanks to an ex that was a total comic book geek but there are some great ones: ghost world (daniel clowes), jimmy korrigan, the smartest kid on earth (chris ware), and i love the persepolis series (marjane satrapi).
    other than that my only exposure to the genre are french comics which are basically graphic novels since they are in book form and longer than the typical comics. i pretty much learned french reading tin tin and later on i loved enki bilal. he's amazing, i would definitely try to find an english translation of those, especially the nikopol trilogy.
    Hm. Was the Thora Birch/S. Johannson movie with Buscemi based on this? Or a Forrest Whitaker movie?

Never mind... It was. What FW movie am I thinking of?? Something about a Samurai and a dog??

I liked the comic within the comic when I was reading it, I thought it was interesting. I can definitely see why it would be gone from the movie though, probably wouldn't translate really well....

Its not in the script and we love that............I am in so much fucking trouble....but fuck non disclosures.......Im lucky.........and its easter and beer

the blue guy rocks.........

What're you blathering on about, Soth? Non-disclosures and blue people and easter??

HAHA i saw CRASH at HMV for 9.99
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

=

And for your further enjoyment, I bring you:
    YouTube - Gay Cowboys Eating Pudding (CineKink Trailer 2003/Dir. Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    HAHA i saw CRASH at HMV for 9.99
    Dude. DVDs aren't worth paying more than 10 bucks for anyway. Nyah nyah, neener neener!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information