Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Oscars!

ITA about Helen Mirren. Is it wrong for me wanting to feel her up?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh YES. She was the hottest woman there last night. KILLER dress and she looked KILLER in it. Wow. I.need.that.dress!! (I'm thinking slightly darker color, my daughter's eventual wedding.... )

I love how that whole musical number ended with all 3 guys wanting to schtup Helen Mirren. Me too, y'all. Foxy.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Did anyone else feel that the German movie winning over Pan's Labyrinth as best foreign film was a total "Say What?!?!?" moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Did anyone else feel that the German movie winning over Pan's Labyrinth as best foreign film was a total "Say What?!?!?" moment?
    Oh hell yeah.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Natee471 View Post
    Eddie Murphy should have won over Alan Arkin.

I have seen both performances and between the two Eddie's was way better and complex. Alan's character lasted only 30 minutes into the movie. Eddie's character showed the desperation as he went from black superstar to an uneffective star because he lack the ability (and desire) to cross over to the pop audience. The ONLY reason Alan Arkin won was because of past performances, and old age. The Academy are known to give people awards based on their entire "body of work"

Then explain how Jennifer Hudson won an academy award? There is no way she would have won over Meryl Steep or Cate Blanchett if that were true.

...I wanted Meryl to win

Eddie Murphy was the Bill Murray of 2007, virtually guaranteed lock and then a major let down. Harsh- SNL curse.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

I wanted Leonardo to win.. so cute
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Everybody who has watched "The Lives of Others" (or "that German movie" as you say) knows why it won. Do yourself a favour and watch it, it's a film that has true soul. Labyrinth was flashy and overrated. Not that I didn't like it but it doesn't even compare to The Lives of Others.

Default Fuck!!!!!!!!!!

How can a novelty (a non actress) Jennifer Hudson win? It pissed me off b/c it pisses in the face of the other well known/established actresses! I think it was a horrible choice.

Elite Member

one thing i noticed a lot this year were the pre-prepared, reading-from-a-piece-of-paper speeches..? i like the spontaneous ones so much more, even they make mistakes...when they read from a piece of paper it is kind of absurd..

I think they should do what the Grammys do. They should not show every award being given. They can show who won some of the awards at the bottom of the screen. The more important and highly anticipated awards such as Best picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, and etc can be shown but the others can just be shown at the bottom of the screen. That would cut time from the show

I dunno, as a behind-the-scenes type myself, I love seeing those people in the obscure catagories get recognized.

Elite Member

Ellen was the highlight of the show for me. I thought she did a phenomenal job. I watched her show the next day and was surprised by how genuinely moved she was by peoples' positive feedback. The Academy would be nuts not to bring her back next year...and the next......

No real surprises as far as awards went. The only real disappointment of the night was Leo not winning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information