Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 158

Thread: And the Oscar should be returned by.....

  1. #31
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Didn't Ang Lee win an Oscar for Brokeback Mountain? I remember Crash getting best picture, and him winning best director. Or am I mixing that up?

    And you're right Denzel should have won for Malcolm X.

    As for Angelina, I can't comment on Girl Interrupted. Never saw it. Not really planning to see it.
    Did he win? Let me check.

    OH he did. You're right! My bad. He's a great director. I retract my statement. What a doofus.

  2. #32
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    Marisa Tomei for My Cousin Vinny. Cute performance, but not Oscar worthy. Also, I agree with Cuba Gooding, Jr. That oscar belonged to Edward Norton in Primal Fear.

  3. #33
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    51,811

    Default

    I stil haven't seen Primal Fear yet.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  4. #34
    Elite Member yanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,839

    Default

    The rumours about Marisa Tomei was that she didn't win but that Jack Pallance was so drunk the night he was presenting that he read her name by mistake.

    My Oscars:

    Jodie Foster should give hers for Silence of the Lambs to Susan Sarandon for Thelma and Louise

    Then Sarandon would have one so she wouldn't take it away from Elisabeth Shue who broke my heart in Leaving Las Vegas

    Gwynnie Paltrow should give back her Oscar and her stupid tears and prom gown and Miss America speech to the Goddess Cate Blanchett who was out of this world in Elizabeth

    Denzel Washington should give his back for Training Day because the movie was shit

    Helen Hunt should give hers to Helena Bonham Carter for Wings of the Dove

    Sean Penn should give his to Bill Murray because Penn is a jerk and Murray is awesome.

    Jack Nicholson should have gotten another one for About Schmidt

    The producers of Crash should have refused theirs for that turd.

  5. #35
    Elite Member Laxmobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Down by da beach....boyeee
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    Shawshank is an excellent movie IMO! Also Edward Norton should have won for American History X, it was as if they gave Roberto an Oscar for playing himself.

    Britany Murphy was good in Girl, Interrupted but that movie was all Angelina. She made me forget that Winona Ryder was the lead character, which I liked.

    Why the hell was Keira Knightly ever nominated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

  6. #36
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Marisa Tomei for My Cousin Vinny. Cute performance, but not Oscar worthy. Also, I agree with Cuba Gooding, Jr. That oscar belonged to Edward Norton in Primal Fear.
    You're right. No way Cuba should have won that year. Cuba blew Tom Cruise and Tiny Tom used his clout to get him that Oscar.

    As for Marisa, I don't know. She was a good supporting actress in My Cousin Vinny. Maybe not Oscar worthy, but she did steal the movie.

  7. #37
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    You're right. No way Cuba should have won that year. Cuba blew Tom Cruise and Tiny Tom used his clout to get him that Oscar.

    As for Marisa, I don't know. She was a good supporting actress in My Cousin Vinny. Maybe not Oscar worthy, but she did steal the movie.
    Funny thing is, I liked both of their performances (Cuba and Marisa).

  8. #38
    Elite Member aabbcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Watching the sun set over Lake Superior.
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Shawshank is an excellent movie IMO!
    I loved The Shawshank Redemption ... one of my favorite movies!

  9. #39
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    52,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    The rumours about Marisa Tomei was that she didn't win but that Jack Pallance was so drunk the night he was presenting that he read her name by mistake.

    My Oscars:

    Jodie Foster should give hers for Silence of the Lambs to Susan Sarandon for Thelma and Louise

    Then Sarandon would have one so she wouldn't take it away from Elisabeth Shue who broke my heart in Leaving Las Vegas

    Gwynnie Paltrow should give back her Oscar and her stupid tears and prom gown and Miss America speech to the Goddess Cate Blanchett who was out of this world in Elizabeth

    Denzel Washington should give his back for Training Day because the movie was shit

    Helen Hunt should give hers to Helena Bonham Carter for Wings of the Dove

    Sean Penn should give his to Bill Murray because Penn is a jerk and Murray is awesome.

    Jack Nicholson should have gotten another one for About Schmidt

    The producers of Crash should have refused theirs for that turd.
    agree!
    i also loved helena bonham carter in 'wings of the dove' and elisabeth shue in 'leaving las vegas', glad you mentioned them. possibly two of the best female performances ever.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  10. #40
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Britany Murphy was good in Girl, Interrupted but that movie was all Angelina. She made me forget that Winona Ryder was the lead character, which I liked.
    Any dumbass can dye their hair blonde and scream "WHERE'S JAMIE!" and jump out of windows. Her "acting" was on par with Halle Berry's in "Monster's Ball."

    But the Academy does not recognize subtlety. That's why Sean Penn won for Mystic River--not his best performance. Penn's best performance was in Dead Man Walking and Sweet & Lowdown. The Academy not only ignores subtlety, but it also thinks comedy is easy. It's not.

    OH! If you haven't seen Primal Fear, SEE IT NOW. It's actually a pretty good movie, and Edward Norton is absolutely f*cking astonishing. I mean, astonishing.

  11. #41
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    for 2007:

    Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine. That movie SUCKED.
    Jennifer Hudson, DreamGirls.

  12. #42
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    52,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I hate Shawshank Redemption. I truly do. It's an alright film, but it's not frickin' Jesus or something. It's schmaltzy schlock masquarading as art.

    And woo, Morgan Freeman really stepping outside the box to play, yet again and as always, the older black mentor to a younger white guy who spouts stupid nonsensical and trite crap like "Either you get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

    Thanks, Sherlock.


    *grrr h8 that movie and everyone who seems taken by its shallowness*
    have to agree with you. 'forrest gump' is another one that i didn't find nearly as great as most people did.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  13. #43
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    I agree with the Marisa Tomei. My Cousin Vinny is a good movie, but nothing to be considered Oscar Worthy.

    Halle Berry was meh in Monster's Ball. Hell, Monster's Ball was pretty meh itself and what really ruined it was Sean 'I masturbate to myself' Combs.

    Martin Scorcese should have won long ago before The Departed. (which he should've won again for)

    I agree with Leonardo winning for Gilbert Grape, along with Johnny Depp in that movie.

    Someon who did deserve the Oscar was Cate Blanchett for The Aviator. Never seen Elizabeth, but she probably desrved that one.

  14. #44
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Funny thing is, I liked both of their performances (Cuba and Marisa).
    Yeah, I liked both of them, too. But I would give Marisa the Oscar over Cuba.

  15. #45
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Marisa turned out to be a good actress after all (she was really good in "In the Bedroom") so it wasn't a complete waste after all.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Farrah Fawcett's cancer has returned
    By louiswinthorpe111 in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 17th, 2007, 08:49 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 21st, 2007, 12:46 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: September 13th, 2006, 01:07 AM
  4. Your Oscar Predictions!
    By LynnieD in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 5th, 2006, 01:54 PM
  5. Eva and the Oscar-winner
    By Tiara in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •