Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: OMG! All My Children and One Life To Live CANCELLED!

Aw, I kinda like the new guy playing Michael - is he still considered new? It's just the crappy mob stories that are ruining everything. I don't understand the obsession with Sonny, it's not even a very interesting character.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Question to anyone who watched a soap that was canceled. How did they end it? What did it feel like?
    Guiding Light did a pretty good job with their ending. They put all their power couple back together and with the exception of Jeffrey O'Neill running through the jungle still, chasing after Edmund, all stories were wrapped up neatly.

As the World Turns, however? Not so much. But the writing for that show had gotten so bad, it didn't matter. However, I did enjoy seeing Julianne Moore come back for a day to play Frannie Hughes.

Thanks, Valley Doll. I'll watch the last week of AMC for nostalgia.

I'll bet they'll create a reality show about out of work soap opera actors.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I don't watch soaps, but they have to be better than most of the other shit on during the day....Judge Alex, Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, Peoples Court, etc...Damn.
    You shut your whore mouth about Judge Judy!!!1! She's the boss, applesauce.

I started watching AMC in 1978 when I was home sick from (middle) school. Phoebe Tyler was faking that she was paralyzed. I watched it every chance I could, especially during the summer. Then VCRs came out so I could watch every day. In college, like many other perfectly reasonable students, I scheduled my classes so that I didn't have anything from noon to 1 pm. At my sorority house, half the girls would eat lunch and watch AMC in the ABC room, and the other half would eat lunch and watch Days in the NBC room

For some reason, I stopped watching cold turkey in 2007, I suppose due to drastic changes in my life.

Also started watching OLTL in high school in the 80's and kept it up until 2007. I remember the wretched storylines during the writers' strike in what, 1987? Isn't that when Vicki & Clint went back to western times? JESUS. And what was that ridiculous underground Eterna nonsense all about? OLTL could be a little hard to take at times.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    My hate has run long and deep for Michael. I have hated that character since he was a kid on the show. And I really hated that ugly red head that use to play him from a kid up to the fugly teen stage.

OMG Chuckie!

I seriously hated that kid.

Back to the soaps that were cancelled, I can't get over some of the storylines in them. I mean, Erica Kane's aborted fetus coming back? Were they that hard up for more children in AMC?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i did too

I'm glad I tuned into todays Soap Channel GH replay. Luke's Intervention, kinda old school GH. Although I suppose there's an argument for why Sonny was there, I can't fathom why Carly would be there and why the couldn't bring back PS horror show Bobbie for this episode.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    You shut your whore mouth about Judge Judy!!!1! She's the boss, applesauce.
    I love Judge Judy! To quote my daughter: "She's a miserable bitch."

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I'm glad I tuned into todays Soap Channel GH replay. Luke's Intervention, kinda old school GH. Although I suppose there's an argument for why Sonny was there, I can't fathom why Carly would be there and why the couldn't bring back PS horror show Bobbie for this episode.
    That whole show could have been Luke and Lucky and I would have been very happy. Oh yes, the PS horror. There is a scene from a few years ago with Monica and Bobbie where the PS just takes over the scene and dialogue. You know they have all the classic story lines on YT if you're interested. Left Handed Boy, Ice Princess, Oil Scam, early mob Sonny and Brenda, F&F - all the pre Mobster Hospital shows. PM if you want the links.

I want to be baptized in Lucky Spencer's tears and fall asleep on his pillow lips.

Hey GH watchers, Pretty Genie is on the air waves at Y&R and I look forward to seeing Tristan and Genie be nasty and have fun together. They haven't worked together since 1983. (They were never an on screen item in case you watch Y&R).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7TmCvavHA&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

The head writer of GH, Guza, was actually fired to his hater's joy and amazement. There was so much hatred for that man because of his inconsistent writing and legacy character assassination. It took at least 8 years to do all the damage. Whatever happens, they say that General Hospital will be canceled in the next few months or by 2012 for sure.

Alright. I have NEVER watched a non CBS soap EVER. But, I can clearly relate to your issues here. Long time soap fan, and shit, they cancel it. WTF?

Yea, I felt the same way about Guiding Light---I watched that shit EVERY DAY for EVER. I came home from school and watched it EVERY DAY. Hell, when they broke into GL for the Challenger lift off, my GOD I was pissed, I mean---you've seen one launch, you've seen em all! No.....but you get my drift. (Not proud of that fact either btw)
    So, to see my beloved GL cancelled and just go soooo downhill, it was pathetic really. BUT, ATWT, which was also a love of mine---was different. They kept SOME intregity intact. Some. And while I absolutely miss ATWT still today, I am glad to see some of the actors(s) on Y&R and on Broadway. Good to see.

Now, seriously, if they could only cancel B&B and bring BACK ATWT that would be GREAT! B&B SUCKS!!!!!!!!

its heartbreaking for their fans; i would literally go into a depression worse and longer than what I felt after the Sopranos ended if General Hospital was canceled

that show is my best friend every week day

It has been confirmed that both AMC and OLTL were about to be bought by SONY, but ABC declined due to the fact that the shows might find success on another network and perhaps threaten their replacements for both shows.

And Soap Opera Digest magazine will fold in 2012. (I can safely say I do not read it) but it's just sad for fans.

And in who really cares news - Vanessa Marcil is pregnant.

B&B best soap? they are the shittiest soap on right now. the only reason that i believe they are still on, is because they are a 30 min show.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I know right and if GH gets canceled I'm going to hang myself I swear!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information