Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG! All My Children and One Life To Live CANCELLED!

So is ABC is making room for more damn reality shows?? I am so sick of today's bullshit on tv. Real life is reality, I don't need any more of it on tv. I prefer my shows to be an escape from reality.

I would love to go back to the Salem Strangler days when Marlena first met Roman and then they killed her off. I thought I was going to die when they did that. I remember they actually held a press conference to explain it because soooo many people were so upset.
    I wonder if you can watch the really old ones some place?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    So is ABC is making room for more damn reality shows?? I am so sick of today's bullshit on tv. Real life is reality, I don't need any more of it on tv. I prefer my shows to be an escape from reality.
    You don't think the Kardashian show represents a total break from reality as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I would love to go back to the Salem Strangler days when Marlena first met Roman and then they killed her off. I thought I was going to die when they did that. I remember they actually held a press conference to explain it because soooo many people were so upset.
    I wonder if you can watch the really old ones some place?
    They should offer dvds by year. I'd love to have when Bo and Hope first were getting together and he kidnapped her from her wedding.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Default Some old O.L.T.L pics.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Conservatively, I think a year's worth of soap-opera DVD's would be about 52 DVD's.

Holy shit Marco was cool! Love those pics!

Yeah I know it would be a big collection but you could be given a choice of blocks to buy or something. I wish I had kept the VCR tapes I had of Days.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't watch soaps, but they have to be better than most of the other shit on during the day....Judge Alex, Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, Peoples Court, etc...Damn.

ETA - my poor mother is going to be heartbroken. She's watched all my children since it's start. Plus, Oprah leaving...whew. Bad year for mom

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    They said AMC was not in trouble a few weeks ago but the fans should write in and make a fuss. It's been coming for a long time. No money and loss of loyal viewers. All the top actors have taken pay cuts or haven't gotten raises. They really don't make much considering how much they work and how long they've been there.

I'm a GH'er and everyone who watches that show has been complaining since 2007. ABC Television has a trifecta there called Frons, Guza and Phelps. They all need to die in a fire.

I stopped watching AMC 20 years ago, but it sure was great.

I think about half the fans of GH would be relieved if it got canceled. I try to watch it about once a week to see if anything has improved. It just gets worse.

Just the child transplant story alone, when compared to the exact same story from the 80's was just unwatchable.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

The bastards! I've yet to recover from the loss of ATWT and GL so I sympathize with the ABC soap watchers. I'm going to head over to Soap Central with some popcorn to see a couple hundred people having simultaneous strokes.

ETA: I just had another thought. What about those poor actors and actresses that went back to AMC and OLTL after ATWT and GL were cancelled? They just get settled in a new show and WHAM, it gets canceled too. Must feel cursed.
    Last edited by OrangeSlice; April 14th, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I'm still bummed about Another World, Capital, Santa Barbara, Port Charles....

I haven't watched in a few years, but these 2 were my soaps. I remember during college watching between classes. During high school my sister and I would watch them together after school.

I blame OJ. (Somewhat joking) I was so pissed when his trial pre-empted my soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I'm still bummed about Another World, Capital, Santa Barbara, Port Charles....
    I loved Santa Barbara. I'm still not over that cancellation.

AMC and OLTL Canceled

By SOD • Posted: Apr 14, 2011
    Share In a double blow to soap fans, ABC Daytime announced today, April 14, that ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE have been canceled. AMC will last air in September of this year, and OLTL is slated to shutter in January 2012. Stay tuned as this story develops.
    "It's been a fantastic journey. I've loved playing Erica Kane and working with Agnes Nixon and all the incredible people involved with ALL MY CHILDREN," said daytime vet Susan Lucci. "I'm looking forward to all kinds of new and exciting opportunities."
    OLTL's David Gregory (Ford) revealed on his Facebook page that AMC will tape its final episode in August, with OLTL to follow in November.

AMC and OLTL Canceled | Soap Opera Digest

damn that sucks

they better not touch days of our lives though damnit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information