Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Office

I agree, Lynnie. It was almost painful to watch because they all seem so desperate and scared. Michael begging people to work at Dunder Mifflin, Jim begging his client for a sale and just about shitting his pants in fear of losing his job, Pam expressing a desire to change jobs but realizing she lacks the qualifications. It was depressing and the show isn't as light hearted as it used to be. I think they've made Ryan too much of a jerk and are focusing too much on drama instead of comedy.

Ok everyone!

Tonights the Season Finale! Lets all watch and review!

Hope I can stay up......I'm such a loser.

I'm just workin my way through the second series. As a Brit I didn't hold out much in the way of expectations, but if anything it has surpassed them so far. Loving the asketball episode.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I agree, Lynnie. It was almost painful to watch because they all seem so desperate and scared. Michael begging people to work at Dunder Mifflin, Jim begging his client for a sale and just about shitting his pants in fear of losing his job, Pam expressing a desire to change jobs but realizing she lacks the qualifications. It was depressing and the show isn't as light hearted as it used to be. I think they've made Ryan too much of a jerk and are focusing too much on drama instead of comedy.
    I know, I identify completely with Pam's plight. Too close to real life, that's why it was uncomfortable to watch. Although Michael always makes it uncomfortable for me to watch. It's hard for me to see people making an ass of themselves, being completely oblivious and SO NOT self-aware. Usually it's funny and you know it's just actors on TV, but sometimes it's just sad.

Whoa......

What the hell is going on?? 10 minutes left...and its bizarre.

Andy is obnoxious. LOVED the end. Hilarious.

Michael's storyline was unnecessarily depressing.

Eli

The Office finale was the best episode since season 3 for sure. I think every single minute made me laugh out loud, which isn't what I like this show for. But I'm not putting LOLing down.
    Holly was terrific. I hope she stays next year. I loved the banter between her and Kevin, but especially her and Michael. Imagine if there was a weird-ass triangle between them... But no, I think something's going to happen between her and Michael... I mean she was there for just one day, I can't imagine what the rest of her time will be like. I loved her little sit-down with Michael and their Yoda talk. It's like, they are similar personalities but with her, she's not weird. I think her and Michael are going to have something special. Like, the next Jim & Pam almost. There's so many possibilities with her. In fact, the next season has so many possibilities. I hope they don't **** it up.
    There's:

The Michael & Holly romance (yay!),
    with Jan's pregnancy... which is stupid imo...
    And there's Holly thinking Kevin's retarded (this was the funniest thing in the whole episode I think)...
    Then there's Andy & Angela's engagement...
    With Dwight meat on the side...
    And Phyllis keeping it a secret...
    And Pam coming back from her 3 month course...
    And Jim being exactly the same, and not proposing...
    With hopefully Karen taking Ryan's place, seeing as Ryan's finally gone. Woo-hoo.

Endless possibilities!!

All in all I really liked season 4, it was funny and nuts and short but sweet.
    It'll be good to see another gigantic shift in how the show goes along, like with season 3 how they changed everything, and season 4 how they also changed everything... Season 5 I can tell will be a whole new ball-game, with much more possibilities than the stupid Jan sack/Ryan upgraded story (snore).

Who else is excited about season 5???

Oh I hope they keep Holly!

I think that corporate will replace Ryan with Jim, therefore changing Jim (becomes more greedy, work oriented, etc--but not as much as Ryan) and he and Pam go in different directions since she got into design school.

I thought that was how it was going to end actually.

i loved last night's episode! i like your idea, too, lynnie. there has to be something to kinda bring jim & pam apart soon. it's more exciting when they're more back & forth than in love. and, i am so excited that ryan's ass is getting canned! kelly talking about visiting him in jail was funny.

omg, angela's "acceptance" of andy's proposal was hilarious. "I SAID 'OKAY'!!!"
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

OMG Kelly talking about dressing up in her best track suit and go and visit him in jail and all the other prisoners would be jealous was hilarious! She was so funny last night!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Hilarious Season Finale!!!!! I Was Screamin'! :p

Elite Member

I LOVED the whole retarded Kevin schtick! lol I was dying when she was counting out his change for him in his palm and oops! That one doesn't count! That's a button! lol

And Michael having so many chances for "That's what she said" and holding his tongue! He is a changed man!!!

I just want to know who's getting the spinoff next season???
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Gold Member

The whole bit where Holly thought Kevin was retarded was brilliant.

"I do the numbers." Classic.

I was pissed off at Michael for going with Jan; she's such a selfish bitch. Holly's the perfect woman for him. I HATE JAN!

Eli

Yeah, same. Actually no, I like the character and Melora, but I don't like how Michael is her bitch.
    Kevin's retarded schtick is going to be great if it lasts. "Oops, that's a button." LOL. And I loved his retarded wave when he left to drive. Hahaha... he does look sort of retarded.

Elite Member

Okay, has anyone else heard the rumor Amy Poehler may be doing the spinoff??? Let us pray!!!
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information