Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I watched, and after the show they ran a promo saying Will Ferrell will on. Hmmm gonna go check it out, he might be temporary.
    rumor is he will get michael's job & fail miserably, and then somebody else will take over.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

fgg

Will Ferrell On 'The Office': Replacing Steve Carell, Guest Starring In Four Episode Arc

First Posted: 01/26/11 07:02 PMUpdated: 03/24/11 11:21 PM

If there's one guy who can play a worse boss than Steve Carell, it's Will Ferrell -- and the movie star is set to do just that.

Ferrell, a long-time friend and co-star of Carell -- the two featured together in 'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy' -- will join the workplace comedy for a four episode arc near the end of this season, Deadline.com reports.

Carell's Emmy-winning time on 'The Office' is winding down, and the show has been waiting to reveal his replacement at Dunder Mifflin. Ferrell will play a branch manager that comes in as Carell's Michael Scott begins leaving, and will take over for at least one episode.

"We are proud to continue The Office's tradition of discovering famous talent," 'The Office' show runner Paul Lieberstein (who plays Toby on the show) said, "and we hope that once America gets a good look at Will, they'll see what we see, tremendous raw sexuality."

Ferrell and Carell's careers often intertwine: Carell tried out for 'Saturday Night Live,' claiming he lost out to Farrell, and they starred together in 2005's 'Bewitched.'

UPDATE: **SPOILER ALERT** Ferrell's addition was announced on television in a promo for the show's next episode, airing April 14th. Carell's Michael Scott laid the groundwork for his exit, proposing to girlfriend/co-worker Holly and announcing that they were moving to Colorado. Carell's last episode will air on April 28th.

horrible choice!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

Any bets on how long it takes before Will's character starts running around naked?

If he doesn't start right out naked, it is usually within 10 minutes lol.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Ugh, if Will Ferrell becomes a series regular/on more than 4 episodes I am DONE with this show. I hate him so much.

I have to say, I think Will Ferrell will be awesome. Sure, he plays the same character in everything he's in. But I still like his movies.
    If not, I hope The Office accepts that it should end. I don't want it to die a slow death like Scrubs did.

...and the US version is the best.
    Last edited by Brah; March 27th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

A*O

The (original and best) UK version did 2 series and a Christmas 'special' to tie up all the loose ends. As usual, the US networks prefer to jump the shark. If Ricky Jervais/Steven Merchant have any influence they should pull the plug now.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

James Spader Is Leaving The Office

Entertainment
    February 27, 2012 AT 6:58PM

By Allison Corneau

James Spader is clocking out of The Office early.

After one season filling the void left by Steve Carell as Dunder Mifflin CEO Robert California, Spader, 52, has requested to be released from his contract, Variety confirms.

"James always wanted this to be a one-year arc, and he now leaves us having created one of the most enigmatic and dynamic characters in television," The Office's executive producer Paul Lieberstein told Variety in a statement Monday. "He's been a great friend to me and the show, helping us successfully transition into the post-Michael Scott years, and I'm grateful for that."

Joining the NBC primetime comedy at the tail end of season 7, Emmy winner Spader was first introduced as a possible new branch manager replacing Carell's Michael Scott. His major arc picked up in season 8, when he signed on for a minimum of 15 episodes.

News of Spader's departure comes on the heels of a potential new spinoff for Office mainstay Rainn Wilson, who plays quirky Dwight Schrute.

Described as a "family comedy," Wilson's spinoff would center around Dwight living and working at his family's beet farm and bed & breakfast. "A while ago, it started to feel like a show to them," Deadline reported in January. "NBC agreed, [and] it's been further developed to include multiple generations, many cousins and neighbors. At its base it will be about a family farm struggling to survive and a family trying to stay together."
    Read more: James Spader Is Leaving The Office - UsMagazine.com

^^as much as i like james spader, i'm happy to hear that...he's not a good fit on this show, anyway. without steve carrell, i don't think the office is going to last much longer. it has no heart anymore. i'm a huge fan, but they should just ended the series already.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information