Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Nicole Kidman in Talks to Play Grace Kelly in 'Grace of Monaco'

Maybe she is playing princess Charlene. They both prefer the natural look.

Beautifully regal: First look at Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly in new film Grace of Monaco

By LUCY BUCKLAND
    PUBLISHED: 19:39 GMT, 25 February 2013 | UPDATED: 20:37 GMT, 25 February 2013

She was known as a screen beauty and Nicole Kidman looks simply radiant as the first images of her playing Grace Kelly are released.

Australian Nicole is playing screen legend Kelly in Grace Of Monaco and in stills from the film the 45-year-old stuns as the actress who gave up her Hollywood career for love when she married Rainier III, Prince of Monaco, in 1956.
    Despite Kelly's children describing the film as 'pure fiction', Nicole has hit back at the comments, describing her portrayal of the late star as 'respectful'.

Simply stunning: Nicole Kidman plays Grace Kelly and recently came to the defence of the film after Kelly's children and members of the Monaco royal family described it as 'inaccurate'

The film, directed by Olivier Dahan, focuses on Kelly, who became famous starring in Dial M For Murder, when she is in her early 30s.

More...

Set in 1962, the biopic follows the personal life of the former actress during the famous dispute between France and Monaco over tax laws.
    Kelly's children, Prince Albert II, Princess Caroline and Princess Stéphanie, have blasted the historical inaccuracies of the film and even requested changes to the plot claiming it 'needlessly glamorised' their mother.

Glamour: Nicole looks stunning as the screen legend who abandoned Hollywood for love

Dahan told The Telegraphthe film was a character study and not meant to be a serious biopic, saying: ''I am not a journalist or historian. I am an artist. I have not made a biopic. I hate biopics in general.

'I have done, in any subjectivity, a human portrait of a modern woman who wants to reconcile her family, her husband, her career. But who will give up her career and invent another role. And it will be painful.'

Royal wedding: Grace Kelly married Prince Ranier III in Monaco in 1956 - the film focuses on actress' life after her marriage

Tough role: Nicole said she wanted the film to be respectful of the late Kelly

Nicole hit back at the criticism last week, saying: 'I wanted to be respectful of her, her story and her essence so hopefully that will all come through.'
    The story begins six years into the former actress's marriage to the Prince, where she must help her husband reform Monaco's tax laws as demanded by the French leader of the time Charles de Gaulle.
    But fans of both Kidman and Kelly will have to wait until 2014 before the film is released in the cinemas.

Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra in a scene from the 1956 film High Society

Read more: Beautifully regal: First look at Nicole Kidman playing Grace Kelly in Grace of Monaco | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Really? That's just awful. She doesn't even sort of pass for Grace Kelly.

Did anyone watch this? It quietly aired on Lifetime last night. The only good part was Tim Roth playing Prince Rainier. The movie focused on Grace's work with the Red Cross, how she was going to take Hitchcock up on his offer to play "Marnie" but Prince Rainer "forbade" her to do it, Monaco's tiff with France and Charles deGall and how allegedly, it was Grace, in the end, who brought love and dignity to Monaco.

It was just one of the most uninteresting movies I've ever watched and trust me, had anything better been on, I wouldn't have watched this!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I read somewhere that the scriptwriter, who disliked the final cut, live tweeted during it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Did anyone watch this? It quietly aired on Lifetime last night. The only good part was Tim Roth playing Prince Rainier. The movie focused on Grace's work with the Red Cross, how she was going to take Hitchcock up on his offer to play "Marnie" but Prince Rainer "forbade" her to do it, Monaco's tiff with France and Charles deGall and how allegedly, it was Grace, in the end, who brought love and dignity to Monaco.

It was just one of the most uninteresting movies I've ever watched and trust me, had anything better been on, I wouldn't have watched this!
    I was channel surfing and when I saw the name next to the Lifetime channel I was like ok, lemme at the good trash tv. I lasted three minutes. The suckage was too much for me. It was like, Hi - I'm Nicole Kidman and I'm in this movie, I'll just be myself, you know, the regal Nik.

I did catch Tim Roth who didn't look like the prince, but I like him in everything.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

It aired this afternoon, but I passed on it. Ended up choosing "Sgt. Bilko" instead.

Wow. I didn't even know it was coming on...they sure didn't promote it a whole helluva lot, did they?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Of course not, they're trying to bury it
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information