Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Love Revealed for 'Sex and the City' Sequel

That was in the movie? I didnt see that part.

I am so not keen for this. Love the series, but the film was god-awful.

Responding to bits and pieces from this thread...

I love Miranda and Steve. I'm re-watching the series again and I'm up to season 4, where he gets cancer. They are great together and while their stuff in the film was a bit crap (Miranda is so stubborn - and vengeful! - that it just didn't feel right for her to forgive and forget) I love their story. Same for Charlotte and Harry, I think Harry is my favourite guy character in the series because he's not a dickhead, he's not stylish, he's not anything fashionable... he's just a nice guy who loves her. Charlotte alway pissed me off in the series by being an upper-middle class WASP princess. I think the whole McDougall chaos was a great comeuppance to her, forced her to realise that everything "nice" that she put so much faith in was all superficial bullshit.

Carrie.... ugh. As I said, I'm watching season 4, where she gets back together with Aidan. Someone once said to me "I hate Carrie! She's so selfish! The way she treated Aidan... it's just appalling!" and at the time I thought it was a bit harsh. But re-watching it.... ugh. Totally agree. The more you watch SATC, the less sympathy you have for vapid, shallow, selfish Carrie and her bad men choices. Big is perfect for her because he's just as big an arsehole as she is!

What is this with the WASP princess? I keep hearing women and WASP alot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I agree, no more flopping Miranda tatas please. My eyes.
    yeah, that pretty much did me in, but i still loved the movie.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I'm excited to see Aiden, but i hope she doesnt cheat on Big. ugh.

I love the Steve and MIranda romance! i'm such a geek.
    Ah, I hope she does since he was such a tool to her so many times and he cheated on his first wife with her. So, let him get cheated on. Big just seemed to me like an overgrown dudebro, chock full of commitment issues and mid life insecurities and not really comfortable dealing with women who weren't 'less than'. Carrie seemed like an arrogant, superficial bitch when she was aghast at the 'yellow gold' engagement ring Aidan had picked out. I really hate the haughty types that are totally eaten alive with the obsession over designer labels and will wear something from a designer that looks like pure woven shit instead of a perfectly lovely and well made dress from Ann Taylor. The snobbery about shoe brands and fashion choices about people who aren't slaves to Vogue irritate me. I wanted so badly to tell Carrie to go look in a fucking mirror at her veiny armed ass walking around NY wearing a fucking tutu when you're pushing 40. Most of her outfits were ugly and she ain't no prize in the face department either.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big should give her some oats, thatll tide her over.

the ring thing didn't bother me. if you have to wear it the rest of your life, you'd better like the ring in question. plus, while it's true carrie is a fashion victim, it's also true that it's typical of aidan's passive-aggressive controlling-ness to give her a ring without bothering to think about whether or not it's her style and if she'd like it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Bigs still a jerk. And Aidan looks cooler.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    It sounds horrible. At least the first one had naked Gilles Marini in it.
    i know it has nothing to do with the series and is totally crazy (i mean really? the 4 of them going to abu dabi?!) but im still gonna watch in all its campy horror/delight

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Uh, Big didn't dump Carrie at the altar. He temporarily got cold feet and then went to the church. If Carrie hadn't behaved like a big baby, the wedding would have gone ahead as planned. If she was humiliated, it was her own damn fault. SHE was the reason the wedding was a no-go, not him.
    yeah that part of the movie didn't make sense AT ALL! but if it wasn't written that way then there wouldn't have been the climax and drama and all that shit, whatever, i go for the entertainment its not Gone with the Wind but im entertained.

so Samantha's pushing 60 now right?! thats cool all the best to her

And shes still getting laid by various different men? Wow. 60 is the new 20.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ I know well its hollywood come one now, the big screen is meant for fantasies

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the ring thing didn't bother me. if you have to wear it the rest of your life, you'd better like the ring in question. plus, while it's true carrie is a fashion victim, it's also true that it's typical of aidan's passive-aggressive controlling-ness to give her a ring without bothering to think about whether or not it's her style and if she'd like it.
    Didn't he ask her friends to pick out her ring(s)? If so, he did think about what she'd like, he just did it in a clueless guy way. Am I misremembering? I find I forget a lot about this show.

Aidan is much cuter than he used to be. Mr. Big looks like an aging troll.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Didn't he ask her friends to pick out her ring(s)? If so, he did think about what she'd like, he just did it in a clueless guy way. Am I misremembering? I find I forget a lot about this show.

Aidan is much cuter than he used to be. Mr. Big looks like an aging troll.
    I watched that episode on DVD last night - yeah, Miranda initially helped him pick out the fugly ring that made her puke. Then Samantha helped him pick out the nice one.

I'm watching season 4 now and I don't see the passive-aggressive controlling Aiden. I see someone who got back in a relationship with a girl he loves to pieces but who completely broke his heart. He does treat Carrie a bit crap initially (like the "night out with the boys" where he was just sitting in the bar chatting to a waitress) but I think it was justifiably tentative behaviour from someone who wasn't sure if he was ready to get his heart broken again.

Aiden reacts to Carrie when they get back together in the same way Carrie reacts to Big when they get back together in season 2/3 - that suspicion and tension and "oh shit, am I making the right choice?". Which he didn't... because Carrie treats him like shit. Sorry, but I hate Carrie in season 4. All the fucking screaming and pouting and demanding to take Aiden back and then puking when he wants to marry her.... ugh.

Take your issues and park them somewhere else bitch. You've got a great guy, take your head out of your arse and realise it!

#shouldnotwatchSATCwhenhormonal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information