Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Love Revealed for 'Sex and the City' Sequel

Stuff's just too predictable in this. And even if it ends up being a "surprise", it's a predictable surprise. And I LOVED the show; thought movie #1 was meh.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Whatever happened to her being pregnant with Bigs child? They just gave up on that angle?

What in the World do these men see in her? Im seeing her like Bella from Twilight. But at least there everyone knew was obsessed with Edward. This woman apparently cant make up her mind which guy she wants. Does she have any redeeming features at all? I know it isnt her looks. Maybe shes amazing in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Mr. Big was a cigar-chomping, cheating, lying, arrogant pig? They tried to make him seem vulnerable and charming towards the end of the series, but I never bought it.
    I've always hated Big. He's such an evil bastard, full of himself, arrogant, and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, I just hate him.
    So I also hate Carrie for being such a dumbass and always falling for him, even if he treats her like a piece of furniture.
    God this woman had Aidan and she gave him away for Big? Go to hell woman !!!
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Aidan was somewhat stubborn/controlling, but at least he was totally upfront about it. She liked Big because he didn't give a shit what she did (or give a shit about her, either). Her desperate scrambling around after him all those years made me sick and embarrassed for her. Then he dumps her at the altar and we're supposed to be happy that they get back together after her humiliation? Why? Because he's the fantasy sugar daddy? Ugh.

I think Big promised her a huge walk-in closet or something in Movie #1 (or the place they looked at had one?). I think for Carrie, that sealed some kinda deal.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Big is who he is. That doesn't make him the bad guy. It just makes Carrie an idiot for willingly putting up with it.

Aidan did move on, marry, and breed with a superior woman, so I suppose she was left with no option other than Big. The show (and the the women's attitudes about money, men, careers, clothes, etc.) just seems so dated now. I wonder if they can update it for the the post-Bush era. Otherwise Movie #2 is going to suck as much as Movie #1.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Am I the only one who thought Mr. Big was a cigar-chomping, cheating, lying, arrogant pig? They tried to make him seem vulnerable and charming towards the end of the series, but I never bought it.
    He was all that and more, yet I still wanted to jump him. I think it was the voice. I love a good voice on a man.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^^
    lol mother loves big as well. me, i never found any of carrie's men attractive. big didn't do it for me although i found him likeable - a total cad, but likeable. and aidan was a passive-aggressive controlling jerk disguised as prince charming. at least big was honest about who he was.
    honestly, the sexiest man on that show is charlotte's bald, hairy, ugly divorce lawyer/husband harry.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    honestly, the sexiest man on that show is charlotte's bald, hairy, ugly divorce lawyer/husband harry.

Agree !
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Heh, I love Steve

I didn't care for the movie, though. Should have kept it at the series end. That was a good place to stop.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Aidan was somewhat stubborn/controlling, but at least he was totally upfront about it. She liked Big because he didn't give a shit what she did (or give a shit about her, either). Her desperate scrambling around after him all those years made me sick and embarrassed for her. Then he dumps her at the altar and we're supposed to be happy that they get back together after her humiliation? Why? Because he's the fantasy sugar daddy? Ugh.
    i loved when they got married at the end, and he surprised her by calling the girls to show up at the court house. EASILY my favorite part of the movie! The smile on his face was just amazing!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Then he dumps her at the altar and we're supposed to be happy that they get back together after her humiliation?
    Uh, Big didn't dump Carrie at the altar. He temporarily got cold feet and then went to the church. If Carrie hadn't behaved like a big baby, the wedding would have gone ahead as planned. If she was humiliated, it was her own damn fault. SHE was the reason the wedding was a no-go, not him.

Oh. All I remembered was her waiting for him, him not showing up, and her crying desperately. Then she went on a trip with her friends where she wouldn't get out of bed. To be honest, I don't remember the plot all that well--it all blends together in a whirling cyclone of crapitude. However, I will see the the next movie, so what does that say about me? I'm such a loser.

Na c'mon you're not a loser, you're just someone who really enjoyed the TV series and who really hopes that the next movie is finally going to be as good as the show and offer it a brilliant conclusion, therefore, you'll have to see that movie ...
    *tries to convince self*
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information