Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ncis -

Mark Harmon on Arsenio Hall (click on link at bottom to watch video. It's great!)

Mark Harmon: Cote de Pablo exit just 'another change' at 'NCIS'

By Scott Collins September 13, 2013, 4:30 p.m.

Fans may be upset about Cote de Pablo's exit from No. 1-rated "NCIS," but it doesn't sound like Mark Harmon is sweating it.
    The star of CBS' crime smash appeared on "The Arsenio Hall Show" this week to plug the show's upcoming 11th season, which has already caused consternation because it will feature the departure of De Pablo. She's become one of the most popular actors on TV with her performance as Ziva David, a former Mossad spy turned NCIS agent.
    But Harmon said "NCIS" has overcome changes in the past and this time will be no different.

"We've had a lot of changes," he told Hall. "We've managed to get better with the changes both in front of the camera and behind the camera."

Referring to the show's remaining cast and crew, he added: "It's up to this highly professional group to use that as a springboard to get better, and to improve and to stay No. 1."
    Such self-assurance is a wonderful thing to behold, but producers might be a little more concerned than Harmon is letting on.
    In an open letter to fans posted on Twitter this week, executive producer Gary Glasberg conceded that the creative team was shocked by De Pablo's departure (she and producers evidently couldn't agree on a new deal, although the exact sticking points remain mysterious).
    But Glasberg also wanted to reassure fans. "We've been very busy for the last couple of months making this work and handling the situation with the utmost care and delicacy," he wrote.
    Hmm. Interesting choice of words to describe the exit of a popular cast member from the nation's most-watched TV show, but maybe the producers just have bad memories of fans' reaction to Jamie Lee Curtis' guest spot a few seasons back.
    What do you think?

Mark Harmon: Cote de Pablo exit just 'another change' at 'NCIS' - latimes.com
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

As much as I love Mark Harmon, as the creator of the Cote de Pablo hot woman thread, I do not see this as a positive development.
    Sunrider likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If Abby ever leaves then I can see NCIS being banned from both our and my BFF's televisions. Both the Bloke and the BFF get glazed expressions whenever she's on screen.

But I am pissed that Cote de Pablo is leaving. She's been one of the best characters they've had.
    McJag and Sunrider like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Arsenio Hall show? Have we time-warped to 1990?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Everything old is new again.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Arsenio Hall show? Have we time-warped to 1990?
    Yep. He has a new show. I had no idea until yesterday when I saw the interview with Mark Harmon on MSN!

Cliff Lipson/CBS
    The Arsenio Hall Show returned Monday after a 19-year hiatus. (Check local listings.) From left, Chris Tucker, Snoop Dogg and Arsenio Hall on Monday.
    He Looks Backward as He Goes Forward

‘Arsenio Hall Show’ Returns, With Much Familiarity

By ALESSANDRA STANLEY

Published: September 10, 2013

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Google+
    • Save

“Back is beautiful” is how Arsenio Hall framed his return to late- night television after a 19-year hiatus.

Enlarge This Image

Cliff Lipson/CBS

Aresnio Hall

But actually, it wasn’t even pretty.
    Monday’s premiere of the syndicated talk show “The Arsenio Hall Show” felt less like a reawakening than like a wake. It was an amnesiac’s trip though memory lane, a memorabilia clearance sale, a valedictory fresh start. Mr. Hall recruited grizzled veterans from his past: Paula Abdul, Chris Tucker and Snoop Dogg. But he gave viewers little hint of what he plans to do differently with a new show, a new generation of viewers and a radically changed late-night landscape.

That may come in the days and weeks ahead, but in this fickle age, many viewers click once, move on and never look back.
    America still offers performers a second act, but a first impression can also be the last.
    Mr. Hall, who at 57 looks maybe 19 months older than he did on his farewell show in 1994, still has energy, humor and an easy, winning manner. But he has to work harder to stand out.
    In 1989, he was the only African-American hosting his own late-night talk show, and more than two decades later, Mr. Hall is no longer the only black talk host in late night (there’s also Tavis Smiley), and he’s no longer the only black entertainer at that time, either. (W. Kamau Bell’s show can be seen nightly on FXX.) And though Mr. Hall has said he will feature lots of rap musicians, both Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon already do.
    “The Arsenio Hall Show” was a lot of fun back when it was a foil to the tightly scripted routines and studied spontaneity of “The Tonight Show.” (Mr. Hall eventually lost ground, and his show, to David Letterman on CBS and, beginning in 1993, Jon Stewart on MTV.) But he also made the history books, notably when Bill Clinton, then a presidential candidate, played the saxophone on his show in 1992.
    Mr. Hall has many ways to move on, but on Monday, he kept looking backward. He opened with a skit about his chances: he was on a couch, seemingly telling an off-camera psychiatrist that if he worked really hard and told funny jokes, his new show had every reason to last. The camera pulled back to show Jay Leno drawl, “Yeah, good luck with that.”

Mr. Hall then did a routine about how times have changed, including whipping out a cellphone from the 1990s, which he called a “dumb phone” and which was as big as a boot.
    He joked that, in his day, “Instagram” was a “cocaine delivery service.”
    His pop-culture references were mostly old (he joked about Wesley Snipes’s tax problems), and even the newer ones were tired: he made fun of Kim Kardashian by pulling out her supposed pink tricycle from childhood, fitted with an oversize seat.
    His old band, Posse, led by the drummer Rob DiMaggio, has new members, and he referred to it as Posse 2.0. The audience dutifully whooped it up like the old Dog Pound.
    His first guest on the couch was Mr. Tucker, an old friend who didn’t perform a routine and didn’t try to be funny; he mainly talked at breakneck speed about how well he was doing. (Or, as he put it, “It’s great, it’s great, man, it’s great.”)
    After performing in his usual listless style, Snoop Dogg, who has somehow become the Dean Martin of rap, grinned agreeably through a battery of jokes about his marijuana consumption.
    First nights are rarely great, and even terrible starts are no indication of how a show will fare. Mr. Hall’s return to the screen was mostly a little sad. He is better than this and deserved a more convincing comeback.

http://tv.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/art...rity.html?_r=1&
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

NCIS is getting another spinoff: NCIS New Orleans.

Zoe McLellan, Scott Bakula, CCH Pounder On Board for 'NCIS' Spinoff

Tuesday, 04 Feb 2014 05:24 PM
    By Morgan Chilson

Actors Zoe McLellan, Scott Bakula, and CCH Pounder are reportedly on board to join a new NCIS spinoff featuring a team agents fighting crime in New Orleans.

McLellan and Bakula will star in a two-part episode of "NCIS" that will connect the established show’s team with NCIS agents in New Orleans. McLellan will play Special Agent Brody, a “Midwest transplant” to the crime-solving team, The Hollywood Reporter said.

In a roundabout connections, McLellan starred on "JAG" for three seasons, which is the show that resulted in the hugely successful "NCIS" spinoff.

The two "NCIS" episodes featuring the New Orleans team will run this spring. Should "NCIS: New Orleans" get picked up for a series, the team will cover cases from Pensacola, Fla., to Texas, the Hollywood Reporter said.

USA Today said Bakula will lead the team as Special Agent Pride, and quoted the network as saying he’s a unique character who “embodies New Orleans. He's driven by the need to do what's right and does it all with warmth, passion, strength and humor.”

Bakula is known for his TV series “Quantum Leap,” but is on the HBO series “Looking,” and starred on “Behind the Candelabra” and “Men of a Certain Age.”

Also working out of the NCIS New Orleans office will be actress CCH Pounder playing the medical examiner. Pounder was on “The Shield” on FX and “Sons of Anarchy.”

"NCIS" has been one of the most popular shows on TV and kept that position at the end of its 11th season in January. More than 19 million viewers tuned in for that last season.

"NCIS: Los Angeles" is in its fifth season, but "NCIS: Red," which was introduced as a possibility on the Los Angeles show last year, wasn’t picked up as a series. So "NCIS: New Orleans" isn’t a sure thing either.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Scott Bakula, Zoe McLellan, CCH Pounder On Board for 'NCIS' Spinoff

Whaaat, no mention of the epicness that was Captain Archer on Star Trek Enterprise??
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

NCIS' Enlists Wilmer Valderrama as Season 14 Regular

CBS' NCIS is adding a familiar face to its ranks for season 14.

Following the departure of co-star Michael Weatherly, TV's No. 1 drama has enlisted Wilmer Valderrama as a series regular.

Valderrama will play a once-grounded NCIS field agent who accepted a deep cover assignment years ago and never resurfaced. Many agents don't know he's still on the job or that he's even alive. Now, he's back and his dedication to job and country has left him an unpredictable, charismatic loose cannon.

"Wilmer Valderrama will be able to flex his dramatic, physical and comedic talents in this classic NCIS role," executive producer Gary Glasberg said Thursday in a statement. "Fans are going to see him like they've never seen him before. This is going to be fun. We're thrilled he's coming aboard."

The casting keeps Valderrama in the CBS family after his starring turn in military drama pilot Four Stars, which did not move forward. He most recently had an arc on ABC's Grey's Anatomy. Valderrama's credits include That '70s Show, Minority Report, Awake and From Dusk Till Dawn. He is repped by UTA, Silver Lining Entertainment and attorney Michael Gendler.

Weatherly exited NCIS after 13 seasons. He next returns to CBS this fall as the star of freshman drama Bull.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ncis-enlists-wilmer-valderrama-season-14-regular-040000362.html?ref=gs

Waterslide likes this.

he just did a part for Grey's Anatomy and did a great job. I'll tune in. But i do wish they'd get rid of the blonde chick.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gary Glasberg Dies; ‘NCIS’ Showrunner Was 50

by Nellie Andreeva tip
    September 28, 2016 1:45pm

CBS

This is a shocker and devastating news for the NCIS family. Gary Glasberg, executive producer/showrunner of NCIS and creator/executive producer of NCIS: New Orleans, died suddenly today, Sept. 28, in Los Angeles. He died peacefully in his sleep. Glasberg was 50.
    RelatedJennifer Esposito Joins 'NCIS' As New Series Regular; Duane Henry Promoted

Glasberg, always smiling and kind to all who have crossed paths with him, was adored by his casts and crews. He joined NCIS in 2009 as a co-executive producer/writer. He was named showrunner in 2011, and since then, he steered the long-running series to finishing as the most watched drama on U.S. television for five consecutive seasons and taking the title of #1 drama series in the world. In 2014, Glasberg created the successful spinoff, NCIS: New Orleans, now in its third season.

“Today is an overwhelmingly sad day for NCIS, CBS and anyone who was blessed to spend time with Gary Glasberg,” said CBS’ President of Entertainment Glenn Geller. “We have lost a cherished friend, gifted creative voice, respected leader and, most memorably, someone whose warmth and kindness was felt by all around him. Our heartfelt thoughts and sympathies go out to his wife, Mimi, his two sons and all his family and friends.”

Glasberg was among the most valued showrunners on CBS TV Studios’ roster, which recently signed him in a new three-year overall deal.

“We are devastated by the passing of our dear friend and colleague Gary Glasberg,” said CBS TV Studios president David Stapf. “He epitomized the word mensch and brought kindness, integrity and class to everything he did. His remarkable talent as a writer and producer was only matched by his ability to connect with people. Gary was a beloved member of our family and we are so honored that he called CBS his home for so many years. Our hearts go out to his wife, Mimi, two sons, his entire family and all those who loved him.”

Born in New York, Glasberg started his writing career nearly 20 years ago, writing comic books and animation for companies such as Warner Bros., Disney, Nickelodeon, Fox and Hanna-Barbera. His pre-NCIS television credits include CBS’ Shark and The Mentalist, as well as Crossing Jordan, The $treet and Bones.

A devoted family man, Glasberg was married for 20 years to television producer and screenwriter, Mimi Schmir. They have two sons, Dash and Eli. In addition to his wife and sons, Glasberg is survived by his father, Edwin Glasberg, and his sister, Mindy Glasberg. A memorial service is being planned for later in October. The family kindly requests privacy at this time.

Gary Glasberg Dies; ‘NCIS’ Showrunner Was 50 | Deadline

OMG, I wasn't expecting that. I knew of some people that complained about the direction he took the show in, so that's basically why I'm familiar with the name. 50 is too young. RIP
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

so young. i'm curious how he died.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    OMG, I wasn't expecting that. I knew of some people that complained about the direction he took the show in, so that's basically why I'm familiar with the name. 50 is too young. RIP
    I know. It seems I read somewhere that he and Mark Harmon locked horns at some point, a while back, over the direction of the show, but don't quote me on that...as I'm not sure where or when I read that.

Anyway, 50 is way too young.

ETA: It was Donald Bellisario that Mark Harmon locked horns with over the character of Gibbs.
    Waterslide likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information