Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Nashville

I watched, I really like it and really hope it gets renewed for another season, it's getting really good again!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Elite Member

Renewed!!! I'm so happy. I really enjoy this show.

What did ya'll think about Juliette's mom?! I wasn't surprised...I knew she'd do something to protect her daughter.

Spoiler: highlight to read:

did ya'll notice the pills she took were the one's she was allergic to? Scarlett has had enough with Gunnar and his whole stealing his dead brother's lyrics "outlaw" thing. Idiot. She'll get back together with Avery...just watch. He at least went to see her performance at The Opry. I still don't trust bi-sexual cowboy dude. All he cares about is becoming a star and he'll do anything to get there.

Teddy is a dick. Looks like next week, Maddie figures out Deacon is her dad.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I watched all the shows of the first part of the season, but I have missed several over the last month or so. But I did watch last night, and it was a good one! I will watch the finale next week and then rent the season on dvd when Netflix get it. I'm anxious to catch the parts I have missed!

Glad to hear it is one of the shows renewed for next year!!

Spoilers!!!! Is it OK to post spoilers a day after airing?!?!?! I hope so!

That was a pretty powerful episode last night and the previews were even more interesting!

I feel pretty bad about Juliette's Mom, which sort of makes me a hypocrite as I hated her for most of the season! It's sort of fitting that an addict would die in that way, she sacrificed herself but will leave a lot of guilt behind for Juliette to deal with next season.
    Maddie finding out that Deacon is her dad is something I thought they'd hold off on for another season, what with Rayna and Deacon just getting together. I appreciate that the show is moving quickly but would have liked a little time to see Rayna and Deacon in happy mode for a bit.
    Gunnar and Scarlett continue to annoy and bore me at the same time. I appreciate her lovely voice and her time with Deacon, otherwise I just try to ignore her! I do like Avery though (probably residual love for Lucky Spencer from GH who was my teen crush when he was dating Elizabeth Webber, loved those two together!) I hope that he gets a second chance and really pulls himself together, he seems to be doing that now.
    Although I hate Teddy, I kind of understand where he's coming from with Deacon and Rayna dating, it would be unsettling if you were him and the bio family unit, the one your ex-wife really loved and wanted, were suddenly spending time together. They need to do more with Teddy to make him likeable because right now he's just a douche.
    The boardroom scenes with Rayna's sister sometimes seem to be from another show, like they inserted scenes from Dallas in there. I find them a bit incongruous but maybe it's because that part of the show isn't that interesting to me right now.
    I'm looking forward to next week's season finale (finally two weeks in a row with new shows!) and definitely looking forward to next season, glad Nashville will be back again in the fall!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Tonight's the season finale! I hope it's good!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

Holy crap! I knew it was going to happen, but I was still shocked.

SPOILERS************SEASON FINALE*******************************************
    ************************************************** **************************
    Can't wait for next season! Will they move the show to L.A.? I was hearing they might do that to reduce costs but the show would still be set in Nashville. I hope not, I like seeing the city, L.A. just isn't the same location!
    ************************************************** *****************************
    ************************************************** ****************************

That was a great finale! You could tell that they were going to make this a series finale if necessary, for most of the characters, except Deacon and Rayna.

They had Gunnar and Scarlett maybe getting married, which I think they'll resolve next year with her saying no, she seems to be interested in Avery again. I like him too, he's more humble now.

Juliette learned her mother did all of that for her, in twisted sort of way, that made Juliette feel better, that her mom cared.

My favorite scene from the show was the Rayna/Juliette scene at the cemetary where Juliette talked about growing up covered in dirt and Rayna listened and encouraged her. I like their relationship dynamic more than any other on the show.

I really don't care about Teddy and the pregnant girlfriend. The only way I like Teddy is as the father to Maddie and the other one (can't remember her name!) I think he's wonderful there, otherwise don't care about him.

I'm interested to see if Tandy turns on her dad with the federal prosecutor or whoever that was, that should be fun!

One thing is I'm glad that Maddie has Teddy because right now Deacon is pretty scary. I can kind of see that if Deacon was like that when Rayna was pregnant, why Teddy and Rayna decided to keep Deacon in the dark. Then when he finally pulled himself together, the kid already thought of Teddy as the dad and the lie just sort of became a part of their lives.

I guess we can assume that Rayna and Deacon both survive the crash, they really aren't good for each other though are they!

The best part of the show was Hayden Panettiere's performance, she's wonderful and was great in every scene she was in, especially the ending montage with her singing and crying, she should get an Emmy nomination.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

How good was last night's episode?! Deacon is a mean drunk, for sure. No wonder Rayna married Teddy. Can't say I blame her. Not surprised Peggy is pregnant. Yes, Deacon and Rayna will survive the crash but one of them will be in a wheelchair or coma or something. I'm most curious to see if Scarlett will marry Gunnar or give Avery another chance.

And yes, Hayden deserves an Emmy nomination for her performance!
    Neptunia likes this.

I was ready to give up on this show around New Years, it was just going so slowly. Now I'm loving it but also a little worried they're burning through story lines too quickly now, I guess I'm never happy! Can't wait for season 2!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

It was a great show the other night! I have missed a few shows over the season, so I will want to try and catch those up before next season.

I don't care for the actress that plays Scarlett, either. I can't stand her speaking voice. She sounds like she talks through her nose and is talking in a little girl pouting voice. She is a better singer for sure.

I hope Avery turns nice, too. He will always be Lucky Spencer to me. Love him and loved watching him grow up on GH. I know my daughter and I were a MESS for days when we thought he died in the fire years ago on GH. lol
    Neptunia likes this.

I finally watched last night and it was so good. Can't believe I'm saying this but I am jumping on the Hayden Emmy bandwagon. She really did an amazing job with her character. I cried so much for her last night. The end with Rayna and Deacon was totally predictable. So excited for next season!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

'Nashville' Music Guru T Bone Burnett Won't Return for Season 2 (Exclusive)

3:38 PM PDT 6/18/2013 by Lesley Goldberg
    He'll focus on upcoming projects and leave the series to Buddy Miller.

Getty Images
    T Bone Burnett

When ABC's Nashville returns for its second season, the country music drama will be without the services of T Bone Burnett.
    Cast, Creators Offer 10 Teasers on the Hurdles to Come (Exclusive Videos)

The show's executive music producer will not be returning to the series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Burnett, who is married to Nashville creator Callie Khouri, oversaw the creation of more than 100 original recordings and personally produced or co-produced dozens of original songs featured on the Connie Britton/Hayden Panettiere drama.
    PHOTOS: Broadcast TV's Returning Shows 2013-14
    "His slate of other film, television and recording projects would have made it impossible for him to return for a second season," Burnett's manager said in a statement, noting the busy producer initially only planned to stay for one season. "He became close to many of the actors on Nashville, and wishes all of them -- as well as the show’s producers, writers and crew -- all the best with the coming season."
    In addition to guiding the show's musical direction, Burnett also co-composed the score for each of the show's 21 episodes. Buddy Miller, who was Burnett's No. 2 during Nashville's freshman run, will now take over the role.
    Burnett is currently prepping music for the Coen brothers feature Inside Llewyn Davis, a biopic of the singer-songwriter who navigates New York's folk music scene in the 1960s. Oscar Isaac stars as Davis, with Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake among the cast.
    "T Bone's schedule this year is so overwhelming with the Llweyn Davis movie coming out and several other producing projects that he has: Elton John's record and so on," Khouri told THR. "We're going to do Nashville's second season with Buddy and some of the other producers that we worked with. T Bone set the gold standard for the show. His commitment to the quality of the music, the sound for the characters and all of that was something that we were very lucky to get him for."
    Despite heavy buzz at the start of the season, Nashville didn't become the ratings performer that ABC had hoped for against competition from NBC's Chicago Fire and CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in its Wednesday 10 p.m. slot. Critics, meanwhile, have favorably responded to the music featured on the series, with two soundtracks released thus far. Nashvillereturns in the fall on ABC.

'Nashville' Music Guru T Bone Burnett Won't Return for Season 2 (Exclusive)

Did anyone see the promo for Nashville's second season? I think it was from last month but I just saw it now (too far behind!)

Does anyone think Rayna's might die? Oh no, say your prayers everybody! I was surprised though that Deacon doesn't look that hurt in the crash as he drags her away from the car. I wonder where their pairing is going this season. I wanted them together but they did it so quickly last year, that brought out Maddie's paternity and then the car crash, it was way too fast but I'm looking forward to seeing the story line play out this fall.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information