Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Nashville

Elite Member

Big bummer...I just read that Layla won't be back next season. !!! Luke Wheeler won't be back either...and just when his character got more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Big bummer...I just read that Layla won't be back next season. !!! Luke Wheeler won't be back either...and just when his character got more interesting.
    I wasn't a big Layla fan. I'm surprised Luke won't be back though.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

And just when they turned him into a good guy!!

I won't miss Layla either. It's like they were trying to turn her nicer too, then they went right back into unstable psycho territory. I don't see how her character can recover from that.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Nashville’s Season 5 CMT Premiere Date Announced — But It Might Mark the Exit of a Major Character (January 5, 2017)

Welcome back to the Bluebird! Nashville fans can finally rejoice, with CMT announcing the country music drama's season 5 premiere date on Wednesday, August 24.

The Emmy-nominated series, starring Connie Britton (Rayna Jaymes) andHayden Panettiere (Juliette Barnes), will launch on the cable channel on Thursday, January 5, with a two-hour premiere. (Episodes will stream on Hulu the day after airing on CMT.) The batch of 22 new episodes marks the debut of showrunners Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz, best known for creating the seminal 1980s series thirtysomething.

A perennial "bubble" show during its four-season ABC run, Nashville got the axe from the network earlier this year before signing off in May. When the season 4 finale aired, the show had not yet been picked up by another outlet, and fans were up in arms because the final episode ended with a cliffhanger involving Juliette's plane going missing.

After the finale aired, Lionsgate TV exec Kevin Beggs admitted that the show had also filmed a happy ending for the episode but opted to air the open-ended one in order to encourage another network to pick it up. The strategy worked, as CMT officially announced in June that it was reviving the show.

Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton on 'Nashville.' Mark Levine/ABC via Getty ImagesStars Britton and Panettiere are both returning for season 5, althoughEntertainment Weekly reports that Britton is only signed on for around 10 episodes, with her character expected to get written out of the series at some point in the season.
    YOU

Also returning are series mainstays Charles Esten (Deacon Claybourne), Sam Palladio(Gunnar Scott), Jonathan Jackson (Avery Barkley), Clare Bowen (Scarlett O'Connor),Lennon Stella (Maddie Conrad), Maisy Stella(Daphne Conrad) and Chris Carmack (Will Lexington).

Tell Us: Are you planning to watch Nashville's new run?
    Nashville launches on CMT Thursday, January 5, at 9 p.m. ET.

Nashville’s Season 5 CMT Premiere Date Announced: Details - Us Weekly
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

How are they going to go on without Rayna but with her kids on? It won't be the same without Connie and I was excited about the new season because of the new showrunners.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Don't forget, ya'll!

Premieres tonight on CMT!! 8:00 CST.
    Trixie likes this.

Thanks! DVR is set
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

OK, let's dish! It was a 2 hour premiere. I like that things seem to go at a "slower" pace. When it was on ABC, 19 things happened in one episode. Not so with last night's premiere.

Here is an excerpt from a review from Entertainment Weekly:

The shift to CMT — and the subsequent easing up on the show’s former breakneck pace — may be the best thing about the new season. Like any good country song, the episode is more about developing the narrative and less about the cheap thrills. It’s refreshing to see the show settle into a new rhythm where necessary attention is given to each (potentially smaller) storyline. Rather than cramming in multiple subplots, the main story arcs are given time to breathe and, in turn, we have more time to invest and care about the outcome. On the downside, that probably means more time to explore Maddie’s teenage angst as the season progresses. But with all those emotions flying around, there’s plenty to fuel the next album.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/03/nashville-cmt-premiere-ew-review/
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; January 6th, 2017 at 10:55 AM.

OMG, really? Did no one but me watch it?

I haven't watched it yet. When shows go away for a long time, I lose interest. I haven't caught up yet on Mindy or Empire yet either--basically anything I watch on Hulu.

Well they killed off a major character last night!!! it was so devastating. Between "This is Us" on Tuesday night and then this last night, I'm all cried out!

Now the fans are bitching about it on FB. Saying "We fought so hard to keep this show on the air and now this! I'm not watching anymore!" Oh please. Grow up. There's way more to this cast than that one character.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Elite Member

I'm watching! It wasn't Raina who died was it? The last episode I saw she got hit by a car. I'll be pissed if she leaves the show. She's like the glue. Come to think of it, I really don't like the show that much anymore...I guess I just like to finish things.

Gunnar and Scarlett - so tired of their on-again, off-again crap
    The daughter and her BF - they spend way too much time on this
    The show needs more Will!

ETA: I just looked on Facebook and damn it, they did kill of Raina. How's that going to work with her younger daughter? Her real daddy's in jail so can Deacon get full custody?

I haven't watched at all this season, have the first two episodes on my dvr, which for some reason didn't pick up the other ones and I always forget when it's on. Just read on Jezebel that they killed off Rayna, don't know if there's a point in catching up now. Connie Britton wanted out, ever since CMT picked up the show I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I haven't watched at all this season, have the first two episodes on my dvr, which for some reason didn't pick up the other ones and I always forget when it's on. Just read on Jezebel that they killed off Rayna, don't know if there's a point in catching up now. Connie Britton wanted out, ever since CMT picked up the show I guess.
    She wanted out before CMT picked it up but agreed to appear in 10 more episodes (last night was #9). I think the show will be fine. There's some strong acting in the ensemble and I'll watch anything with Charles Esten.

Next week's previews show Teddy is out of jail and he now wants full custody of the bratty older one and Daphne. Daphne wants to stay with Deacon.
    Trixie likes this.

I do love Charles Esten. And JJ too, as long as he's done crying in every episode.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thread Information