Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Nashville

I'm still watching but it's getting painful. The only bright spot is that Juliette is back but the storyline sucks.

I hate Maddie for making Daphne cry like that. She needs a good bitchslap.

Prison has not been kind to Eric Close (I can't remember his character's name..) He looked like crap.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Prison has not been kind to Eric Close (I can't remember his character's name..) He looked like crap.
    Teddy Conrad
    Trixie and I'mNotBitter like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I agree with Trixie. The show is getting painful. The crap story line tonight was enough to make me want to stop watching. It's hard to stay interested when none of the characters are likeable.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's so predictable. Like when the judge said "No outbursts" you knew some shit was gonna go down. If not in the courtroom, somewhere. Sure enough. I hate Frankie and his weird-ass controlling bitch of a daughter, Cash. For him to throw Deacon under the bus like that and break the "confidentce vow" or whatever it's called of AA.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

I didn't get to watch yesterday's episode, but from what I've read it was horrible. Why have they made Frankie such an ass? You would think if he was Deacon's sponsor his assiness would have come out before now and he wouldn't have become business partners with him in the first place. It's like they put them together at the Beverly for the sole purpose of conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    especially the Deacon and Rayna actors and Avery who could cry like a pro and I loved the music.
    I don't watch the show, but look here now and then to see what Avery is up to. So JJ gets to cry on the show. JJ is the greatest male crier in the history of television. I watched him grow up on General Hospital and I love him so much. On General Hospital, when his ex-wife cheated on him, he must have flooded the tv studio.
    Bluebonnet and lindsaywhit like this.

Elite Member

Finally watched the episode. What a downer! HATE that they are going down this road with Deacon and Rayna. HATE Frankie and Cash. HATE them rehashing all the Scarlet and Gunnar drama.

The only bright spot was Juliette really does seem to be owning her mistakes and responsibilities.
    sluce, Bluebonnet and I'mNotBitter like this.

Elite Member

YUCK! They are totally killing the show, now more than ever.

I am, however, looking forward to Maddie crashing and burning and Cash getting what's coming to her. Can't stand Cash. Maddie deserves a good kick in the ass.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    YUCK! They are totally killing the show, now more than ever.

I am, however, looking forward to Maddie crashing and burning and Cash getting what's coming to her. Can't stand Cash. Maddie deserves a good kick in the ass.
    ^^^ Yes!! to all of this about Maddie and Cash^^^ I don't think they are so much killing the show...as making things happen too fast and not following up on it. Like what happened with that chick, Vida, who was stole the money from The Beverly and then she disappears and her car is trashed and burned. Is she dead? We don't know because there's been no follow-up.

I loved Rayna's warning to Cash last night: "I've got my eye on you!" Well Cash couldn't help but be an a-hole...look at her loser dad, Frankie!

Speaking of losers....that damn Layla!!! She's so manipulative, she makes Juliette look like Mother Theresa. At least Juliette wasn't sneaky when she would manipulate. She was in-your-face "Hey! This is what I'm doing!" Layla is a snake in the grass. And is no where NEAR good enough for Avery! I laughed when Avery told her last week that she wasn't complicated....that's kind of another way of saying "You're not real bright or interesting!" ROTFL!

Scarlett and Gunnar need to either get together or not. He needs to quit hanging around chipmunk face red-head chick. Autumn Chase or whatever her name is. She's another one I cannot stand.

I'm worried about Deacon. Scared he's gonna fall off the wagon with losing his daughter, then the big fight with A-hole Frankie, who he thought was his best friend and business partner and now, A-hole Frankie is going to take The Beverly from Deacon.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; May 12th, 2016 at 10:04 AM.

Cancelled.

Sad news for Nashville fans — ABC has canceled the country music drama after four seasons.
    There had been positive signs for a Season 5 renewal for Nashville, co-produced by Lionsgate TV and ABC Studios. Lionsgate TV stepped in to hire Emmy-winning writer=producers Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick as new showrunners. They were already working with writers on breaking stories for next season.
    Still, with Castle also on the bubble, coming off a highly rated episode on Monday, it was always a hard decision.
    While not a strong ratings performer, the music drama has solid DVR bumps.Nashville also is a brand for ABC, with Nashville-themed TV music specials, soundtracks, tours, and now a VR digital extension.

‘Nashville’ Canceled By ABC After 4 Seasons | Deadline

Elite Member

As mad as I am at the show right now, I am sad it's being cancelled. I was looking forward to Herskovitz and Zwick being show runners and maybe fixing things. Now we only have two episodes left and there won't be good closure. Bummer.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Maybe it can continue on TNT or USA or even CMT.

I don't watch, but I did read that CMT was going to pick it for syndication if it got to 100 episodes. They were going to build programming around it which have included televised concerts and a tour. Maybe they'll pick it up.

They would need another season to reach 100.

I haven't even watched Wednesday's episode yet, it's on my DVR but I totally forgot about it until this thread came up. Not must-see TV for me anymore, but I wouldn't mind re-watching the early seasons in syndication so I'm sorry it's gone...I guess.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    ^^^ Yes!! to all of this about Maddie and Cash^^^ I don't think they are so much killing the show...as making things happen too fast and not following up on it. Like what happened with that chick, Vida, who was stole the money from The Beverly and then she disappears and her car is trashed and burned. Is she dead? We don't know because there's been no follow-up.

I loved Rayna's warning to Cash last night: "I've got my eye on you!" Well Cash couldn't help but be an a-hole...look at her loser dad, Frankie!

Speaking of losers....that damn Layla!!! She's so manipulative, she makes Juliette look like Mother Theresa. At least Juliette wasn't sneaky when she would manipulate. She was in-your-face "Hey! This is what I'm doing!" Layla is a snake in the grass. And is no where NEAR good enough for Avery! I laughed when Avery told her last week that she wasn't complicated....that's kind of another way of saying "You're not real bright or interesting!" ROTFL!

Scarlett and Gunnar need to either get together or not. He needs to quit hanging around chipmunk face red-head chick. Autumn Chase or whatever her name is. She's another one I cannot stand.

I'm worried about Deacon. Scared he's gonna fall off the wagon with losing his daughter, then the big fight with A-hole Frankie, who he thought was his best friend and business partner and now, A-hole Frankie is going to take The Beverly from Deacon.
    To be fair, Layla has had a real shit hand dealt her all along. I just knew she set that paparazzi thing up!

That Autumn chick has a weird mouth. So annoying.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thread Information