Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Nashville

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I'm really enjoying the show. Connie Britton is really good, and Hayden usually bugs the crap out of me, but I like her in this. It's good, soapy fun. I still can't see Powers Boothe without thinking Jim Jones, though. Don't think I ever will!
    I know!! Was he creepy in that or what?! *shudders*

I'm totally digging this show. Connie is doing great and like you, Hayden bugs me too, but she's perfect for this role. I'm glad Deacon just used her for sex and then turned down her offer to tour with her! That was great! What was up with her shoplifting?! Can't wait to see this week's episode!

And how adorable were Rayna's two daughters singing?!

I have missed one show, but I like it so far. I agree, Bluebonnet,...Connie Britton is usually good in anything she does, and Hayden is playing her role well, which surprised me. And Tulip,...it is a fun, soapy show. Try Revenge, if you don't already watch. It is another good and soapy show.

I love it. I think Juliette Barnes is a mix of Miranda Lambert (white trash, very similar songs), Carrie Underwood (complete bitch) and Taylor Swift (teen and young girl fanbase).

I started watching this on Hulu and I'm hooked.

I think the dynamics between Scarlett and Gunnar are interesting. Her boyfriend is super jealous that they got to cut a demo and Scarlett seemed quite bothered when she saw Gunnar had hooked up with that skanky assistant @ the record label office.

Looks like Deacon isn't done with Juliette. Well, at least that's where the show ended the other night....her calling him. Yet Rayna is having sex dreams about Deacon and apparently, Teddy has some secret with the chick from The Father of the Bride movies. Kimberly Williams. Her character is named Margaret I think.

Scarlett annoys me. She's just too 'aw shucks,' wide-eyed, innocent, perfect, opportunities just fall into her lap. And her accent is horrible. I want them to shake things up a little for her. I agree she looked a little too disappointed when Hailey was all over Gunnar, so maybe they'll do something interesting with that storyline.

As for the secret between Teddy and Annie Banks-McKenzie (aka Margaret), I think he knocked her up in high school or something and she had an abortion.

With Juliette's tour canceled, she needs the joint tour just as much as Rayna does now. Maybe they'll even make Juliette open for Rayna. I don't get why they're both so crazy about Deacon. He's sleazy.

I really didn't want to get sucked into this one, since I'm already having a hard enough time keeping up with Revenge on DVR (damn those tv programmers who put Dexter, Homeland, Good Wife AND Revenge all on Sunday nights!!) but I'm kinda liking it, seems like good trashy fun.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I have really enjoyed it so far. I am worried that I'm going to get sick of it but it seems like every episode that add a little something more that keeps it interesting. Plus, shows like this and Revenge have really restored my faith in the scripted network drama that is not about cops, lawyers, or the supernatural.
    southernbelle and Bluebonnet like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Plus, shows like this and Revenge have really restored my faith in the scripted network drama that is not about cops, lawyers, or the supernatural.
    Or forensics!
    Just Kill Me likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    As for the secret between Teddy and Annie Banks-McKenzie (aka Margaret), I think he knocked her up in high school or something and she had an abortion.
    I'm wondering if they've been having a secret affair this whole time. She was saying that they just needed to tell everyone the truth but he was like, no it will destroy our families. They've been portraying him as this innocent husband whose wife is in love with someone else, but as we're seeing he's not that innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

fgg

i love this show! i really want scarlett and gunnar to get together because her boyfriend is a jealous skeeze.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Scarlett annoys me. She's just too 'aw shucks,' wide-eyed, innocent, perfect, opportunities just fall into her lap. And her accent is horrible.
    I know. She reminds me of Sissy Spacek portraying Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's Daughter. A southern accent so hick-backwoods country, it's almost cartoonish. But then again, many people from Tennessee really do talk like that.

*runs from any Tennesseeans*

Scarlett reminds me of a blonde Shannen Dougherty.
    LeAnn looks like she was born down wind from an outhouse.

The actress who plays Scarlett is Australian.

Clare Bowen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fgg

^she was on home and away (per imdb, not personal knowledge). i bet she wouldn't have a hissy fit if someone asked her about it.

i bought the "fade into you" duet on itunes.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Am I the only one still watching this? The other night's episode was good!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information