Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Naomi Watts Cast to Play Princess Diana in Big Screen Biopic

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    well, watts is a fantastic actress. maybe she'll manage the impossible and make the dead, dumb bitch likeable?
    Vouch!

If this goes ahead (because we reaaaally need yet another film/documentary/book about Diana... ) then I hope they go the whole hog and include her own affairs, the married men she shagged/stalked, the marriages she broke up, the craziness, the extreme manipulation of the press and the doe-eyed 'victim of the media' act that she fell back on when she felt in need of some extra public sympathy, etc, etc.

Does it show that I wasn't a fan and am sick of her near-canonisation?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I might watch a Diana film that was a black comedy. If they play it straight, it's completely pointless.
    Excellent idea!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    the bait has been laid, scooter will be here.
    no, you need to add a comment about how 40 year old women can do IVF with their own eggs. and maybe add sluce's bad egg pic for good measure. just like catnip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Vouch!

If this goes ahead (because we reaaaally need yet another film/documentary/book about Diana... ) then I hope they go the whole hog and include her own affairs, the married men she shagged/stalked, the marriages she broke up, the craziness, the extreme manipulation of the press and the doe-eyed 'victim of the media' act that she fell back on when she felt in need of some extra public sympathy, etc, etc.

Does it show that I wasn't a fan and am sick of her near-canonisation?
    I would be very surprised if they mention her affairs and her unholy like behaviour in this film. I think Diana will always be painted as the victim of the media..

But Noami Watts is a great actress and might make this film wathable.

Yeth it might be.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Does anyone except women with warped princess complex psychology of their own still care about this woman?

What's even left to say about her, her whole life has been laid out there over and over and over again.

Naomi Watts is far too pretty to play her. She could play Princess Charlene if she wants to be a princess.

But who is going to play the Wicked Witch???

Naomi Watts as Princess Diana - First Look!

Naomi Watts channels Princess Diana while shooting scenes for her upcoming film Caught in Flight on Monday (July 2) in Croatia.
    “It is such an honor to be able to play this iconic role – Princess Diana was loved across the world and I look forward to rising to the challenge of playing her on screen,” the 43-year-old actress previously said of playing the late royal.
    PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Naomi Watts
    Caught in Flight centers on Di‘s secret affair with heart surgeon Dr. Hasnat Kahn.

Celebrity News and Gossip | Just Jared | Page 2

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

At that stage of her life, when she was wearing stuff like this, Diana had a better haircut. She ditched that feathery stuff eventually.

“What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

spoiler alert.

she buys the farm in a car crash at the end.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wow. Everybody in the crew and cast gasped because Naomi looks exactly like Diana. Every day she looks more like Diana, and she's already a dead ringer of Diana to begin with. Nobody can get over the fact how Naomi looks exactly like Diana. <insert sarcasm> This looks like the whole Lohan/Liz Taylor shit all over again.
    This chick looks nothing like Diana either. Too old, too short, her nose is too small and so on and so forth.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

czb

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    spoiler alert.

she buys the farm in a car crash at the end.
    *snort*

The nose is all wrong and the teeth too. They should have given her a prosthetic and dentures for the role.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Wow. Everybody in the crew and cast gasped because Naomi looks exactly like Diana. Every day she looks more like Diana, and she's already a dead ringer of Diana to begin with. Nobody can get over the fact how Naomi looks exactly like Diana. <insert sarcasm> This looks like the whole Lohan/Liz Taylor shit all over again.
    This chick looks nothing like Diana either. Too old, too short, her nose is too small and so on and so forth.
    LMAO That's exactly what I was thinking. The entire post. It's like you reached into my mind.

Naveen Andrews plays the Doctor she falls for so I'll watch. He's a sexy beast!

PIC: Naomi Watts Looks Identical to Princess Diana in Blue Suit

Celebrity News
    August 10, 2012 AT 6:30PM
    By Ariana Finlayson

Princess Diana, Naomi Watts
    Credit: Tim Graham/Getty Images; Neil Mockford/FilmMagic

Double take!

There was no debating that blue was a striking color on the late Princess Diana, and producers for her upcoming biopic seem to agree.

On the set of Diana in London on Wednesday, a princess-playing Naomi Watts was a spitting image of the beloved royal in a bright blue suit reminiscent of the same color-coordinated outfit that Diana wore at a Core Trust event in London on September 19, 1990.

Since filming began in July, the flick's wardrobe department has decked out Watts in several copy-cat looks, including the pink button-down shirt that Diana wore to Sarajevo to meet land mine victims in 1997 and the memorable cerulean one-shoulder dress she donned at a charity appearance in 1996.

Naomi Watts, Princess Diana
    Credit: Greg Sirc/Splash News; Tim Graham/Getty Images

"It is such an honor to be able to play this iconic role," Watts, 43, said in February after the casting was announced. "Princess Diana was loved across the world and I look forward to rising to the challenge of playing her on screen."

Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel and written by Stephen Jeffreys, the film will focus on the last two years in the life of Prince William and Harry's beloved mother; after famously divorcing Prince Charles, Diana reinvented herself as a global humanitarian and was on the path to self-fulfillment before she died at age 36 in an August 1997 car crash.
    Read more: PIC: Naomi Watts Looks Identical to Princess Diana in Blue Suit - UsMagazine.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information