Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies you hate & won't watch again

Aww, Fight Club and Pulp Fiction are fantastic. Match Point is great, too, if only a tad creepy (Woody + ScarJo = dirty old man syndrome).

I absolutely hated Million Dollar Baby and Crash. What loads of crap. When I watch a movie, I don't want the message forced down my throat and then ripped out of my ass. I get it - your movie just blows.

Spider-Man 3 was also ass. I was on the verge of tears after having to sit through that. A year of my life was instantly wasted when the credits rolled. I'll never anticipate a summer blockbuster ever again.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    King! Ishtar? You mean like the greatest buddy comedy ever??? LOL. (I just wanted to make HWBL laugh). Well, that movie and my funny bone are attached.

My movies - Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut (Both Cruise).

Absolute torture.

Every time I see previews and I know I won't be seeing those movies, it makes me feel like I've saved money. With each preview I say under my breath....Just saved 10 dollars, just saved another 10 dollars......
    Put it like this, I would rather watch Showgirls over Ishtar, Vanilla Sky or Eyes Wide Shut.

Sorry, HWBL.

And everybody keeps ripping Spiderman 3 & Shrek 3, and I haven't seen either one yet. I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother to see them.

I was a tad disappointed with Shrek 3. Saw it with a 5 year old who is a real fan and she didn't like it as much as the others. I do love when she calls Puss-in-Boots, "Cats-in-Boots"

Antonio Banderas (as Puss in Boots) was very, very funny.

Gold Member

I don't know to add Death Proof or not. Watched it once, and thought it was a pretty good movie, then I watched it again and thought it was shit. I don't know what happened, but like i've read from others it was nothing but a 2 hour long tampon commercial. The first batch of girls was good, but the second sucked. I was waiting for their death to come they were boring me so much.

I also can't forget the Spider-Man movies and yes, I mean all three even though I have never seen the third one. It was ruined for me from the moment I first saw Tobey McGuire and Kirsten Dunst. Plus any movie that has Kirsten Dunst being known as fucking "hot", is bound to be crap (like Bring it On).

X-3- Never, ever will I put that in my DVD player again. I want those hours back I wasted on that shit.

Was just forced to watch The Holiday with Cameron Diaz. She is just such a supremely bad actress, she's painful to watch especially when she's being all bubbly so goddamned chipper I could choke her. The real insult is that she seems to think she's good at it, because she keeps acting the same way in every movie. The only movie it was appropriate in was My Best Friend's Wedding where she was supposed to be annoying.

So yeah, avoid The Holiday. I had no choice, it was Thanksgiving and my husband's family wanted to watch it so I couldn't say no. Kate Winslet and Jack Black were the only thing that made it tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    I don't know to add Death Proof or not. Watched it once, and thought it was a pretty good movie, then I watched it again and thought it was shit. I don't know what happened, but like i've read from others it was nothing but a 2 hour long tampon commercial. The first batch of girls was good, but the second sucked. I was waiting for their death to come they were boring me so much.

I also can't forget the Spider-Man movies and yes, I mean all three even though I have never seen the third one. It was ruined for me from the moment I first saw Tobey McGuire and Kirsten Dunst. Plus any movie that has Kirsten Dunst being known as fucking "hot", is bound to be crap (like Bring it On).

X-3- Never, ever will I put that in my DVD player again. I want those hours back I wasted on that shit.
    X-3 pissed me off so damn bad, it's not even funny. I was so hyped for that movie, especially after the first two, and it was just a big letdown. The action was good, but the storyline was a waste. The Phoenix subplot should have been the main story. Maybe if Bryan Singer hadn't jumped ship to direct Superman, X-3 would've been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Was just forced to watch The Holiday with Cameron Diaz. She is just such a supremely bad actress, she's painful to watch especially when she's being all bubbly so goddamned chipper I could choke her. The real insult is that she seems to think she's good at it, because she keeps acting the same way in every movie. The only movie it was appropriate in was My Best Friend's Wedding where she was supposed to be annoying.

So yeah, avoid The Holiday. I had no choice, it was Thanksgiving and my husband's family wanted to watch it so I couldn't say no. Kate Winslet and Jack Black were the only thing that made it tolerable.
    I love it!! I watched it several times in the same day i first saw it. I thought it was a great feel good movie. Kate and Jack were certainly the highlight.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    X-3 pissed me off so damn bad, it's not even funny. I was so hyped for that movie, especially after the first two, and it was just a big letdown. The action was good, but the storyline was a waste. The Phoenix subplot should have been the main story. Maybe if Bryan Singer hadn't jumped ship to direct Superman, X-3 would've been better.
    I forgot it was different directors. Who the hell would leave the X-Men franchise for Superman? He knew the audience loved the first 2 and the 2nd did better then the 1st, so there should've been some thought telling him that completing the trilogy is a smart idea. Oh my, I just looked up the director and they chose the guy who did the Rush Hour movies?

Rush Hour, thats another I won't touch with a 100 ft. pole. We got it the first time, Jackie Chan is short and asian and yes Chris, you're tall and black so you can shut the fuck up now I'm not blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

I thought it was cute, but could've been better with other people besides Jude Law and Cameron Diaz. I don't even normally like Jack Black, but he was cute in it. I love Kate no matter what.
    Last edited by Tati; November 29th, 2007 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    I forgot it was different directors. Who the hell would leave the X-Men franchise for Superman? He knew the audience loved the first 2 and the 2nd did better then the 1st, so there should've been some thought telling him that completing the trilogy is a smart idea. Oh my, I just looked up the director and they chose the guy who did the Rush Hour movies?

Rush Hour, thats another I won't touch with a 100 ft. pole. We got it the first time, Jackie Chan is short and asian and yes Chris, you're tall and black so you can shut the fuck up now I'm not blind.
    Yeah, the thing that was so stupid about Singer doing Superman over X-3 was that he always said he never wanted any of the characters in X-men to fly because it didn't seem realistic. But then he goes to do Superman where all the character does is fly. I was like WTF?

And actually Brett Ratner wasn't even suppose to direct X-3. The guy who directed Layer Cake was going to do it, but he backed out so they picked Ratner. I mean, he did okay, but Ratner is at his best with the Rush Hour movies. Although I haven't seen Rush Hour 3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I would avoid typing in all caps if you can. We all get animated about things, but on a message board, CAPS is considered to be shouting. A few posters do put quoted items in bold, and it works pretty well. There is also a quote function, you can quote someone's entire post by pressing the button at the bottom of their post, or you can wrap quote tags around any cut-and-pasted section of text.
    Ahhh... quote tags... learning... learning. I had 2 quote msg, type sumthin, post it, then quote next post, post it, then go copy/paste & post next "quote", then edit my 1st post, then paste quote, then delete previous duplicate post, then repeat if more than 2 quotes wanted.

In one of my introductory posts I explained I was slightly retarded

..... so wutchu saying is... bold would be less offensive
    & not a single fuck was given...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well.... not exactly.

and holding back a little on the smilies would help, quite frankly.

Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I love it!! I watched it several times in the same day i first saw it. I thought it was a great feel good movie. Kate and Jack were certainly the highlight.
    Sorry, I thought it was predictably chick-flicky, you know? Not too much depth. I hate Cameron Diaz with a passion and Jude Law's agreeing to be in this made me think he needed the money. Or that his acting is almost as bad as Cameron's. Or both. Kate and Jack totally saved me from being rude to my in-laws by walking out and suddenly remembering I had something pressing to do...

I liked Love Actually far better. Same themes, much better movie.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add King Kong, the one with Jack Black, Adrien Brody and Naomi Watts. Definitely on my all-time worst list.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Kate Winslet is often the only good thing in the movies she's been in lately.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information