Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 166

Thread: Movies you hate & won't watch again

  1. #61
    Gold Member frazzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Aww, Fight Club and Pulp Fiction are fantastic. Match Point is great, too, if only a tad creepy (Woody + ScarJo = dirty old man syndrome).

    I absolutely hated Million Dollar Baby and Crash. What loads of crap. When I watch a movie, I don't want the message forced down my throat and then ripped out of my ass. I get it - your movie just blows.

    Spider-Man 3 was also ass. I was on the verge of tears after having to sit through that. A year of my life was instantly wasted when the credits rolled. I'll never anticipate a summer blockbuster ever again.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

  2. #62
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    King! Ishtar? You mean like the greatest buddy comedy ever??? LOL. (I just wanted to make HWBL laugh). Well, that movie and my funny bone are attached.

    My movies - Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut (Both Cruise).

    Absolute torture.

    Every time I see previews and I know I won't be seeing those movies, it makes me feel like I've saved money. With each preview I say under my breath....Just saved 10 dollars, just saved another 10 dollars......
    Put it like this, I would rather watch Showgirls over Ishtar, Vanilla Sky or Eyes Wide Shut.

    Sorry, HWBL.

    And everybody keeps ripping Spiderman 3 & Shrek 3, and I haven't seen either one yet. I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother to see them.

  3. #63
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,739

    Default

    I was a tad disappointed with Shrek 3. Saw it with a 5 year old who is a real fan and she didn't like it as much as the others. I do love when she calls Puss-in-Boots, "Cats-in-Boots"

    Antonio Banderas (as Puss in Boots) was very, very funny.

  4. #64
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    I don't know to add Death Proof or not. Watched it once, and thought it was a pretty good movie, then I watched it again and thought it was shit. I don't know what happened, but like i've read from others it was nothing but a 2 hour long tampon commercial. The first batch of girls was good, but the second sucked. I was waiting for their death to come they were boring me so much.

    I also can't forget the Spider-Man movies and yes, I mean all three even though I have never seen the third one. It was ruined for me from the moment I first saw Tobey McGuire and Kirsten Dunst. Plus any movie that has Kirsten Dunst being known as fucking "hot", is bound to be crap (like Bring it On).

    X-3- Never, ever will I put that in my DVD player again. I want those hours back I wasted on that shit.

  5. #65
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,763

    Default

    Was just forced to watch The Holiday with Cameron Diaz. She is just such a supremely bad actress, she's painful to watch especially when she's being all bubbly so goddamned chipper I could choke her. The real insult is that she seems to think she's good at it, because she keeps acting the same way in every movie. The only movie it was appropriate in was My Best Friend's Wedding where she was supposed to be annoying.

    So yeah, avoid The Holiday. I had no choice, it was Thanksgiving and my husband's family wanted to watch it so I couldn't say no. Kate Winslet and Jack Black were the only thing that made it tolerable.

  6. #66
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    I don't know to add Death Proof or not. Watched it once, and thought it was a pretty good movie, then I watched it again and thought it was shit. I don't know what happened, but like i've read from others it was nothing but a 2 hour long tampon commercial. The first batch of girls was good, but the second sucked. I was waiting for their death to come they were boring me so much.

    I also can't forget the Spider-Man movies and yes, I mean all three even though I have never seen the third one. It was ruined for me from the moment I first saw Tobey McGuire and Kirsten Dunst. Plus any movie that has Kirsten Dunst being known as fucking "hot", is bound to be crap (like Bring it On).

    X-3- Never, ever will I put that in my DVD player again. I want those hours back I wasted on that shit.
    X-3 pissed me off so damn bad, it's not even funny. I was so hyped for that movie, especially after the first two, and it was just a big letdown. The action was good, but the storyline was a waste. The Phoenix subplot should have been the main story. Maybe if Bryan Singer hadn't jumped ship to direct Superman, X-3 would've been better.

  7. #67
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Was just forced to watch The Holiday with Cameron Diaz. She is just such a supremely bad actress, she's painful to watch especially when she's being all bubbly so goddamned chipper I could choke her. The real insult is that she seems to think she's good at it, because she keeps acting the same way in every movie. The only movie it was appropriate in was My Best Friend's Wedding where she was supposed to be annoying.

    So yeah, avoid The Holiday. I had no choice, it was Thanksgiving and my husband's family wanted to watch it so I couldn't say no. Kate Winslet and Jack Black were the only thing that made it tolerable.
    I love it!! I watched it several times in the same day i first saw it. I thought it was a great feel good movie. Kate and Jack were certainly the highlight.

  8. #68
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    X-3 pissed me off so damn bad, it's not even funny. I was so hyped for that movie, especially after the first two, and it was just a big letdown. The action was good, but the storyline was a waste. The Phoenix subplot should have been the main story. Maybe if Bryan Singer hadn't jumped ship to direct Superman, X-3 would've been better.
    I forgot it was different directors. Who the hell would leave the X-Men franchise for Superman? He knew the audience loved the first 2 and the 2nd did better then the 1st, so there should've been some thought telling him that completing the trilogy is a smart idea. Oh my, I just looked up the director and they chose the guy who did the Rush Hour movies?

    Rush Hour, thats another I won't touch with a 100 ft. pole. We got it the first time, Jackie Chan is short and asian and yes Chris, you're tall and black so you can shut the fuck up now I'm not blind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Was just forced to watch The Holiday with Cameron Diaz. She is just such a supremely bad actress, she's painful to watch especially when she's being all bubbly so goddamned chipper I could choke her. The real insult is that she seems to think she's good at it, because she keeps acting the same way in every movie. The only movie it was appropriate in was My Best Friend's Wedding where she was supposed to be annoying.

    So yeah, avoid The Holiday. I had no choice, it was Thanksgiving and my husband's family wanted to watch it so I couldn't say no. Kate Winslet and Jack Black were the only thing that made it tolerable.
    I thought it was cute, but could've been better with other people besides Jude Law and Cameron Diaz. I don't even normally like Jack Black, but he was cute in it. I love Kate no matter what.
    Last edited by Tati; November 29th, 2007 at 08:19 PM.

  9. #69
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    I forgot it was different directors. Who the hell would leave the X-Men franchise for Superman? He knew the audience loved the first 2 and the 2nd did better then the 1st, so there should've been some thought telling him that completing the trilogy is a smart idea. Oh my, I just looked up the director and they chose the guy who did the Rush Hour movies?

    Rush Hour, thats another I won't touch with a 100 ft. pole. We got it the first time, Jackie Chan is short and asian and yes Chris, you're tall and black so you can shut the fuck up now I'm not blind.
    Yeah, the thing that was so stupid about Singer doing Superman over X-3 was that he always said he never wanted any of the characters in X-men to fly because it didn't seem realistic. But then he goes to do Superman where all the character does is fly. I was like WTF?

    And actually Brett Ratner wasn't even suppose to direct X-3. The guy who directed Layer Cake was going to do it, but he backed out so they picked Ratner. I mean, he did okay, but Ratner is at his best with the Rush Hour movies. Although I haven't seen Rush Hour 3 yet.

  10. #70
    Gold Member Sm0kah0ntas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    aaaawl :-( u mad boopie?
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I would avoid typing in all caps if you can. We all get animated about things, but on a message board, CAPS is considered to be shouting. A few posters do put quoted items in bold, and it works pretty well. There is also a quote function, you can quote someone's entire post by pressing the button at the bottom of their post, or you can wrap quote tags around any cut-and-pasted section of text.
    Ahhh... quote tags... learning... learning. I had 2 quote msg, type sumthin, post it, then quote next post, post it, then go copy/paste & post next "quote", then edit my 1st post, then paste quote, then delete previous duplicate post, then repeat if more than 2 quotes wanted.

    In one of my introductory posts I explained I was slightly retarded


    ..... so wutchu saying is... bold would be less offensive
    & not a single fuck was given...

  11. #71
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    Well.... not exactly.

    and holding back a little on the smilies would help, quite frankly.

  12. #72
    Elite Member twitchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dancing on your grave!!!!
    Posts
    9,131

    Default



    Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

  13. #73
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I love it!! I watched it several times in the same day i first saw it. I thought it was a great feel good movie. Kate and Jack were certainly the highlight.
    Sorry, I thought it was predictably chick-flicky, you know? Not too much depth. I hate Cameron Diaz with a passion and Jude Law's agreeing to be in this made me think he needed the money. Or that his acting is almost as bad as Cameron's. Or both. Kate and Jack totally saved me from being rude to my in-laws by walking out and suddenly remembering I had something pressing to do...

    I liked Love Actually far better. Same themes, much better movie.

  14. #74
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    51,564

    Default

    Oh yeah, I forgot to add King Kong, the one with Jack Black, Adrien Brody and Naomi Watts. Definitely on my all-time worst list.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  15. #75
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Kate Winslet is often the only good thing in the movies she's been in lately.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which Celebs Do You REALLY HATE (and I mean HATE)?
    By Sojiita in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: July 13th, 2015, 10:20 PM
  2. Movies you can watch again and again
    By DontMindMe in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
  3. Reese Witherspoon refuses to let her children watch movies
    By CherryDarling in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 4th, 2007, 03:17 AM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2006, 05:42 AM
  5. Johnny Depp doesn't watch his own movies
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 31st, 2005, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •