Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Movies And TV Shows You Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I started watching Law and Order when it first came on and it was all gritty and violent, and then Michael Moriarty was on Larry King Live having some kind of meltdown about freedom of speech and after that the show decided to dial the violence back (MM wanted to show the "real" violence going on in the world in an intelligent way, NBC of course just wanted to think of the children). I did sometimes really love the legal debates early on. But one thing that was consistent the whole way through, which I hated, was the bad acting of the guest stars. And how every single person was just too busy to talk to the police. I lived in a big city before, and I know they're trying to say everyone is just SO busy, and they wanted to beat you over the head that NYC isn't Mayberry, but if someone got murdered, no one is going to be busing tables and be like, "Oh hey, I'd like to talk to you about this huge murder of this person that I work with everyday and slept with once and like has my kid, but I really have to fill these salt and pepper shakers or my boss is going to kill me." What the hell.

And I am now turning this thread into pet peeves about shows I don't really hate. lol
    That's what I always hated about it! Every time they needed to question someone, they'd keep moving or walking or say they couldn't talk. If I have a little work gossip the first thing I do is blab, if I knew anything about a MURDER, I'd be bursting with questions and would stop to talk. It always bothered me. The cops have no personality either, are always so gruff and flat except for the ooccasional deadpan line. It gets me so riled up.
    Waterslide likes this.

The Devil Wears Prada

Anne Hathaway's character is the shallowest bitch in the history of movies. And the way Miranda treats her employees! Srsly? What was the moral of this story? The fashion industry is shallow? Yeah. We know.

The only redeeming factor in this movie is Stanley Tucci.

I've actually worked for bosses like Miranda and that's why it irritates me. It's abusive. And the clamoring and idol-worship in fashion. I honestly do not get it.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    That's what I always hated about it! Every time they needed to question someone, they'd keep moving or walking or say they couldn't talk. If I have a little work gossip the first thing I do is blab, if I knew anything about a MURDER, I'd be bursting with questions and would stop to talk. It always bothered me. The cops have no personality either, are always so gruff and flat except for the ooccasional deadpan line. It gets me so riled up.
    I was having problems signing the page last night, but you're completely right. I find that really distracting about the show. There is no place on earth that people would be that blase about a murder. It's human nature. And the rest of the acting was stiff like Dragnet or something. I think I was more into the premise of the crimes and the legal parts, but usually I'm more into the solving of the crime. I don't know what it is. lol
    Brah likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Bronze Member

The movie I don't want to watch anymore is "Songi"

Dirty Dancing

I just don't get it. I've watched it a few times to see what all the fuss was about. The acting is weak, Jennifer Grey's 1980's hair is distracting because the timeline of the movie is the early 1960's. Patrick Swayze's dancing is great but that's about it.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

dirty dancing is so corn
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

I don't remember the name of the show, but the main character is the guy from Evan Almighty, and The 40 Year Old Virgin...Steven (I think) something... They're in an office work setting. Anyway, that show makes me dizzy because of the camera is constantly moving, and has terrible angles.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

The Office?
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I don't remember the name of the show, but the main character is the guy from Evan Almighty, and The 40 Year Old Virgin...Steven (I think) something... They're in an office work setting. Anyway, that show makes me dizzy because of the camera is constantly moving, and has terrible angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    The Office?

I don't know why, but for some reason this had me cracking up. I guess because pinkbunnyslippers said "They're in an office work setting" - naturally it's THE Office!

I'm overtired, there's no other excuse.

I also came back in to say I love Bob Burgers and absolutely 100% despite Big Bang Theory. So much that I forgot about it until reading through this post.
    SHELLEE and Waterslide like this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I hate anything with Jim Carrey(unless hes being serious) Will Ferrell, Melissa McCarthy. and I can only barely tolerate Robin Williams and Adam Sandler. They are all so obnoxious and annoying.

i also hate Seinfeld and Everybody loves Raymond ��
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

HOW can you hate Seinfeld??? One of my all time favorites.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Technically, this isn't a TV show or movie, per se, but I DESPISE Phantom of the Opera. I don't get it's appeal. I've seen it live and there's like one song ("The Music of the Night") that's good. The plot is disturbing. Here's this disfigured dude living in the catacombs of an old opera house who is obsessed with a 16 year old vocalist named Christine.

Yeah. That's not weird at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    HOW can you hate Seinfeld??? One of my all time favorites.
    love the sein.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I don't know why, but for some reason this had me cracking up. I guess because pinkbunnyslippers said "They're in an office work setting" - naturally it's THE Office!

I'm overtired, there's no other excuse.

I also came back in to say I love Bob Burgers and absolutely 100% despite Big Bang Theory. So much that I forgot about it until reading through this post.
    LOL, work is making me comatose and I had to read pinkbunnyslippers' post a couple of times because I was like...wait, isn't that...? It was like a trick question to me for a second.

And a propos of nothing, I do like both the UK and US versions of The Office. I know there are shows I hate, and I feel like I'm saying, "I just like everything!!!​", but for some reason I can only think of why I like the shows listed here. I need to give this more thought...
    o0Amber0o likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

TV: Every single reality show. Mike and Molly. Parks and Recreation. Dexter. Hannibal. Off the Boat. Anything with a laugh track.
    Movies: I'll probably hate it if it stars Julia Roberts or George Clooney or Tom Cruise or Gwyneth Paltrow or Katherine Heigl or Catherine Zeta Jones or Zooey Deschanel or Elizabeth Hurley, Hugh Grant, Rob Schneider, Jennifer Lawrence. And also newer Johnny Depp movies, he seems to play the same character every time.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information