Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Movies And TV Shows You Hate

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Big Bang Theory
    So glad someone else despises this show. I snarl when I see HER. Gawd, I want smash her face.
    o0Amber0o and I'mNotBitter like this.

Yes! I was told the same thing and I HAAAAAAATED it. I don't think I even finished watching it.

There's Something About Mary. I heard it talked up as the funniest movie ever. Didn't even manage a single giggle - so dumb.

Big Bang Theory. My parents love this show and always have reruns on if I'm over there for dinner. It's apparently what dumb people think smart people are like.

Three's Company. Just ugh.
    I don't like Big Bang Theory either. I tried watching it two times. It's stupid, and I didn't even chuckle. The same with Friends, unfunny.

The Real. All of the hosts sound alike (except for Loni or Lonnie) with their squeaky hyper voices. I have to turn the channel fast every time it comes on.

I can't stand those little people shows, and pretty much all reality shows. I did like the Real World and Road Rules on MTV way back, pre 2002.
    Bluebonnet and I'mNotBitter like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I hate most current/more recent "sitcoms" and cartoons. I'm probably showing my age but I just don't find them particularly funny at all. Talking about Big Bang Theory, How I Met your Mother, Family Guy, It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Louis, The Goldbergs, American Dad, Life in Pieces, Workaholics and so on and so forth. For me they don't hold a candle to classics like Cheers, Frasier, The Golden Girls, All in the Family, Everybody Loves Raymond.....

I'm old. Leave me alone.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^ ^ I couldn't bear Everybody Loves Raymond when it was running, but I watch the reruns religiously. Funniest shit ever. I want to be Doris Roberts if I ever grow up.
    Sunny in Philadelphia is another for me I just couldn't get into. I only started watching TBBT because my son is an addict, but I don't really like it that much. The only two characters I can stand are what's his name from the Roseanne show and his girlfriend. Sheldon makes my ass wanna spit tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I hate most current/more recent "sitcoms" and cartoons. I'm probably showing my age but I just don't find them particularly funny at all. Talking about Big Bang Theory, How I Met your Mother, Family Guy, It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Louis, The Goldbergs, American Dad, Life in Pieces, Workaholics and so on and so forth. For me they don't hold a candle to classics like Cheers, Frasier, The Golden Girls, All in the Family, Everybody Loves Raymond.....

I'm old. Leave me alone.
    I never heard of Workaholics, Life in Peices, or Louis. I don't like any of the others you mentioned except for Family Guy. I am a HUGE Golden Girls fan. I watch the marathons and know pretty much every episode.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I don't like Big Bang Theory either. I tried watching it two times. It's stupid, and I didn't even chuckle. The same with Friends, unfunny.

The Real. All of the hosts sound alike (except for Loni or Lonnie) with their squeaky hyper voices. I have to turn the channel fast every time it comes on.

I can't stand those little people shows
    , and pretty much all reality shows. I did like the Real World and Road Rules on MTV way back, pre 2002.
    Me either. I'm sorry but first of all; it's exploitating little people. Secondly, I don't care to see them all cussing and screaming at each other. It's like all these reality shows. What happened to good scripted television? Have the "creative people" lost their minds?

And on the subject of little people: I hated Chelsea Handler's show on E! Chelsea Lately and her sidekick Chuy that she called her "nugget". He ain't a puppy! She was and is an obnoxious bitch who made fun of celebrities but took it too far by making fun of their medical issues. Example: She mocked Dannielynn Burkhead's lazy eye. When Dannielynn was a toddler. Poor little girl; it's a wonder that's all she had considering her mother was a drugged out whore. I stopped watching after that. Fuck you, Chelsea. You old ass lookin' cunt.
    I'mNotBitter and sprynkles like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

George Clooney movies. I don't like him, so I struggle watching some of the movies he's in. I use to love ER, so I don't know why he started annoying me.

I never got into: Alias, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, Scandal, Greys Anatomy.

Almost all of the singing reality shows and the movie Pitch Perfect.
    HWBL and Sarzy like this.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

I'm old. Leave me alone.
    I think I'm showing my age, too, because I find it very difficult to get into modern sitcoms now, too. I love the classics, even Three's Company (sorry stella! ). I just can't get into the newer ones for some reason, but periodically I try.

Thought of another. Everyone kept saying how great Bob's Burgers is and I couldn't even make it through 4 minutes of it because it was one long fart. I don't mean a 4-minute long fart joke, just a fart. How is that funny? I know, I know, I know...it's not that I'm a stick in the mud, that just doesn't make me laugh. Does it get better? I mean, I assume it has to?

A co-worker has sworn up and down that I am going to LOVE Scandal, and I tried watching about 5 episodes and I thought if one more person gives an overwrought soliloquy I was going to lose it. I know that's Shonda Rhimes' style, but it drives me crazy.

I have a couple of hate-watch shows which would be The Affair and Homeland. I love watching Homeland because I like the idea of Homeland, but the notion of a maybe schizophrenic, probably bipolar woman opening the mail at the CIA stretches the limits of my imagination, much less one who is constantly running operations and acting as station chiefs and whatever the hell else they have her doing. Yet I can't get enough of it.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I think I'm showing my age, too, because I find it very difficult to get into modern sitcoms now, too. I love the classics, even Three's Company (sorry stella! ). I just can't get into the newer ones for some reason, but periodically I try.

Thought of another. Everyone kept saying how great Bob's Burgers is and I couldn't even make it through 4 minutes of it because it was one long fart. I don't mean a 4-minute long fart joke, just a fart. How is that funny? I know, I know, I know...it's not that I'm a stick in the mud, that just doesn't make me laugh. Does it get better? I mean, I assume it has to?
    Haha, I love the classics too, just not that one. Bob's Burgers hasn't done much for me either, but your description reminds me of something I love about Family Guy. Some dumb joke is funny-ish, and then they keep going until it's not funny at all, and then it goes on so long that it turns funny again (the chicken fight, for example.) I don't know why that's funny to me, it just is. Diffrent strokes and stuff.

And on the subject of stuff we don't like, Law and Order:Criminal Intent. I don't even know if it's still on. I'm a L&O junkie. I have whatever marathon is on in the background whenever I'm home. But I can't with that one. Bobby knows EVERYTHING, and Eeebs (Eams? whatever) knows NOTHING. They paint her as the dumbest cop on the block, and it annoys me. Plus you know who did it from the beginning. Yawn.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Bob's Burgers is unfunny, but even if it were funny, I couldn't watch it because of the horrible voices.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Bobs Burgers is very funny. Tina is the best.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    "I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time, just like everyone else."
    SHELLEE, o0Amber0o and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

I love Bob's Burgers, one of my favorite shows.

I hate The Big Bang Theory, and I've always disliked Law and Order, bordering on hate.

Bob's Burgers is unfunny, but even if it were funny, I couldn't watch it because of the horrible voices.
    I didn't even really get as far as hearing the voices. I think when I'm doing something else, maybe at work with my earbuds in, I'll try to watch one whole episode.

Haha, I love the classics too, just not that one. Bob's Burgers hasn't done much for me either, but your description reminds me of something I love about Family Guy. Some dumb joke is funny-ish, and then they keep going until it's not funny at all, and then it goes on so long that it turns funny again (the chicken fight, for example.) I don't know why that's funny to me, it just is. Diffrent strokes and stuff.

And on the subject of stuff we don't like, Law and Order:Criminal Intent. I don't even know if it's still on. I'm a L&O junkie. I have whatever marathon is on in the background whenever I'm home. But I can't with that one. Bobby knows EVERYTHING, and Eeebs (Eams? whatever) knows NOTHING. They paint her as the dumbest cop on the block, and it annoys me. Plus you know who did it from the beginning. Yawn.
    LOL, I totally get it about Three's Company. It's bad, but for some reason I find it mindless and comforting if I'm sick or I've had a bad day. But even as a kid, I thought everyone on there was an idiot and a lot of their plots could have been solved within 30 seconds of the show if they just talked to each other or didn't lie, etc. and I bug my parents asking them, "Why are they so stupid?!" And then you've got all kinds of weird sexism, and homophobia, and creepy old men (question: why did Mr. Roper always avoid sleeping with his wife, but he would look at women with binoculars and was obsessed with Jack's supposed homosexuality? That guy was WEIRD.)

I also liked CI, but it was the weirdest of the L&O bunch. I agree that Eams (can't remember how to spell it now, lol) was always bemused by the freaking bizarre stuff Bobby did, and it was ridiculous because she wasn't to be stupid. I think she was supposed to be the "reasonable" Scully to his "out there" Mulder, but Scully usually kept up, which Eams did not.

But you know who I really HATED on that show? Olivia D'Abo (the sister on Wonder Years) played a recurring bad person and I kept thinking she had the worst English accent on the planet and then I remembered she was actually English so then I could just say that she just had the most grating voice on the planet. Every time she would say Bobby's name, which felt like every ten seconds of her screen time, it was "Buh-beh" and she was always amused and smug and I wanted to cut her so bad. I still want to. Ugh.

I love Family Guy. That show has made me laugh so hard I've started crying. I think that show is good at bringing the way-too-long joke full circle. But I can watch it 100 times and always find something I missed before, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I love Bob's Burgers, one of my favorite shows.

I hate The Big Bang Theory, and I've always disliked Law and Order, bordering on hate.
    I will give Bob's Burgers another go. I know so many people love it and if it's anything like Family Guy, I probably will end up finding humor in it eventually. I think I'm just really weird about comedies in general.

I started watching Law and Order when it first came on and it was all gritty and violent, and then Michael Moriarty was on Larry King Live having some kind of meltdown about freedom of speech and after that the show decided to dial the violence back (MM wanted to show the "real" violence going on in the world in an intelligent way, NBC of course just wanted to think of the children). I did sometimes really love the legal debates early on. But one thing that was consistent the whole way through, which I hated, was the bad acting of the guest stars. And how every single person was just too busy to talk to the police. I lived in a big city before, and I know they're trying to say everyone is just SO busy, and they wanted to beat you over the head that NYC isn't Mayberry, but if someone got murdered, no one is going to be busing tables and be like, "Oh hey, I'd like to talk to you about this huge murder of this person that I work with everyday and slept with once and like has my kid, but I really have to fill these salt and pepper shakers or my boss is going to kill me." What the hell.

And I am now turning this thread into pet peeves about shows I don't really hate. lol
    stella blue and lindsaywhit like this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by misrule View Post
    "I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time, just like everyone else."
    "Danger is my middle name but it's spelled Ruth".
    Brah, misrule and twitchy2.0 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information