Thread: Movies that make you want to rip your eyes out

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Armageddon. HATE that stupid movie!!
    Titanic
    The English Patient
    Contact, OMG, it sucked!
    The Blair Witch Project
    Mulholland Drive
    How could I forget The Blair Witch Project? God, I hate that damn movie.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    *puts Constance on ignore*

Elite Member

Atonement, Lost in Translation, Vanilla Sky, anything aimed at tweens...HSM 1, 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I loved The English Patient.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    How could I forget The Blair Witch Project? God, I hate that damn movie.
    Oh gawd, yes! I was living in a student houseshare at the time it was out and we went through all kinds of stuff to get hold of a pirate copy because everyone was saying how scary it was and how it was a "must see" and "scarier than The Exorcist" etc (we didn't have a local cinema at the time). We finally got hold of a tape and all six of us sat down to watch it together. Biggest bloody waste of our time. It was utter bollocks.

Elizabethtown hands down! Cameron Crowe has made three of my favorite movies (Say Anything, Singles and Almost Famous) and wo of my least favorite movies (Vanilla Sky and Jerry Maguire). But Elizabethtown is in a class of it's own. I learned from this movie that Orlando Bloom can't do an American accent for shit, Kirsten Dunst is the unsexiest actress ever and a good soundtrack can't save a shit movie. The scenes with the mix CD and the road trip was good, but the rest was garbage. Not even excellent actors like Susan Sarandon, Alec Baldwin and the underrated Judy Greer could save it. Ugh what a waste of $9 plus concessions.

^^ I agree on Elizabethtown. Boring.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    *puts Constance on ignore*
    English Patient lovers unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Oh gawd, yes! I was living in a student houseshare at the time it was out and we went through all kinds of stuff to get hold of a pirate copy because everyone was saying how scary it was and how it was a "must see" and "scarier than The Exorcist" etc (we didn't have a local cinema at the time). We finally got hold of a tape and all six of us sat down to watch it together. Biggest bloody waste of our time. It was utter bollocks.
    That's why I wanted to see it. But I didn't expect too much because everyone I knew that saw it said it was bad. When I finally saw it on cable I turned the channel after about a half hour.

And I just thought of three other movies that I can't sit through.

Glitter
    Shanghai Surprise
    Fair Game

i loved adaptation, lost in translation, no country for old men, mulholland drive.

totally agree about armageddon, face/off. absolute shit. i'll add independence day and bruce allmighty. they literally made me want to puke.
    i also really hated the hulk with tobey maguire. i didn't understand the hype. the story sucked and so did the big cgi hulk, and liv tyler ruins anything she's in with her vapid face and wooden performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    VANILLA SKY
    oh god, that movie is awful. i absolutely loved 'abre los ojos', the original spanish movie on which it's based, but vanilla sky is a travesty.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    BWP creeped me out like no other movie ever has. Maybe because I grew up in a heavily wooded area without street lights. You never knew what was lurking out there.

i watched blair witch before the hype got too out of control. if i'd seen it later it probably would have annoyed me and i'd have thought it wasn't all that. i don't think it's brilliant or anything but it was quite efficient in terms of freaking me out. and i don't scare easily.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

people were just pissed because there was no scary CG monster running around in the woods. Heaven forbid people get drawn in psychologically.

The lesson 'less is more' is usually lost on people today.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Lost in Translation... just didn't get it.
    Marie Antoinette my b/f bought it for me I like it a bit but man when I think about it's horrible they made it into one big party.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    people were just pissed because there was no scary CG monster running around in the woods. Heaven forbid people get drawn in psychologically.

The lesson 'less is more' is usually lost on people today.
    IMO, BWP just wasn't very well done. Yes, it was scary in parts, but the students all sucked so much that I was happy the witch got them.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information