Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Movie scenes that made you cry

That bloody moment in Watership Down when they start playing 'Bright Eyes' and reaping the fields of blood... I cried so hard I made myself sick (I was only 8 though)! Can't watch more than 2 minutes of it now without bawling . It's the most manipulative film ever made (bloody good though!!).

Curiouser and curiouser...

I loved the Goodies take on that with the cameras everywhere.............Bellamy...........Bellamy.. ............

Aw, I've not seen that sketch but I'm already chuckling at the thought! I can't tell you how in love I am with Bill Oddie... all my friends think I'm ill!!

YouTube - The Goodies - Animals

Pinklilycat............enjoy

ACK!! There's no sound on my dumb work computer!!! I shall enjoy this once I get home with a nice cuppa! Cheers Soth

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! "It's a trap!!"
    Ta for that hon, I enjoyed it (Bill... Mmmmmmmm!!)

So I was a idiot and went and sourced the chuffing Bright Eyes thing and now I have goosebumps all over and I'm bawling I swear that dumb movie should have been banned!!! TOO SAD!

If you watched it as a kid you'll know what I mean... if not you'll think I'm a soft get!
    YouTube - "Bright Eyes" - Watership Down

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Pan's Labyrinth; for some odd reason it makes me think of The Little Match Girl and that story/movie made me cry like crazy.

Pinklilcat, I hat to sing that bloody song along with Bridge over troubled water at 2 funerals.........I know where it gets you mate........I really do.......S&G are the soundtrack to my yucky moments too

Spoilers for the following movies, so just highlight the text:

Gattaca: While Anton's ship is taking off, Jerome crawls into the furnace wearing his second-place medal and cremates himself.
    Brokeback Mountain: This film haunted me for days. I bawl like a little girl when Enis breaks down over the shirts Jack had kept hidden in his bedroom.
    The Terminator: After the smoke from the explosion settles, Sarah crawls over to Kyle only to see that he is covered in blood, not breathing.
    The Fly: The ending is downright tragic, but the scene that always kills me is when Ronnie visits Seth for the last time. Almost unrecognizable, she tries to tell him that she's pregnant, but he interrupts her: "You have to leave and never come back... I'll hurt you if you stay".
    Life As A House: Oh, God, the whole film is depressing. The one stand-out scene has to be when Sam jumps off the cliff and into the ocean, with the scene dissolving into the home movie footage of him and his father in the waves - the last time his father was happy.
    Edward Scissorhands: A film so sad, I'm fairly certain it could traumatize a child. When Kim asks Edward to hold her and he replies, "I can't", I cannot control myself.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Elite Member

The Passion of the Christ – for obvious reasons

United 93 – again, for obvious reasons

Titanic

Up Close and Personal – Pfeiffer and Redford - unexpected ending

Cold Mountain - Law and Kidman - unexpected ending

The Way We Were – Two scenes:
    1) where they have a fight and she begs him to come over. He tells her she expects too much of him and she's says, "Oh but look what I've got". He then proceeds to tell her she pushes too hard to which she replies "If I push too hard it's because I want things to be better, I want us to be better, I want you to be better. Sure I make waves, I mean you have to. And I'll keep making them till your everything you should be and will be. You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or to love you as much."

2) the last scene where Redford and Streisand meet up and Streisand reaches up to move the hair from his eyes. Ugh. They're still very attracted to one another, but realize there is no future for them.

My Life – a movie I saw around '94. Michael Keaton’s character learns he’s dying at the same time he learns his wife is pregnant. He uses a camcorder to record his thoughts and feelings about his own life and his baby that he knows he won’t live to see.

One True Thing - Meryl Streep/Renee Zellweger - very sad

The Pursuit of Happyness – no one dies, but it’s one of the most difficult movies I’ve ever had to get through. You can't help but be moved by seeing someone overcoming such adversity.
    Last edited by Elisa; April 21st, 2007 at 05:08 PM.

Cider House Rules- when that little boy dies

The Life Aquatic- when they find the jaguar shark and Bill Murray's character starts to tear up )-': always makes me cry..

I can't even remember the name of the movie, it was a made for tv movie and a mother found out she was dying and she had several children and she was trying to find homes for each of them before she died. Ann-Margret was the mother in the movie. I cried ALL the way through that movie and for hours after it ended! That had to be the saddest movie EVER.

Two of Gary Oldman's movies make me cry no matter how many times I've watched them. When he dies in State Of Grace (and how he dies) it is so sad.
    Also Immortal Beloved. A beautiful but sad movie. I highly recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it. I've never seen a better acting performance by any actor in any movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa
    The Passion of the Christ- for obvious reasons
    anybody who didn't cry during that has something wrong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    anybody who didn't cry during that has something wrong with them.
    Well, then I guess there's something wrong with me It didn't make
    me cry. It made me wonder if Mel had a different Bible than the one I grew
    up with. Instead of 39 lashes, Jesus in Mel's tale got about 300 lashes with
    various instruments of torture. And that's just one thing. I sat through it, but
    it disgusted me more than it touched me. I think James Caviezel did a great
    job, despite Mel's interpretation, and it was refreshing to finally see a BROWN
    eyed Jesus. But having said that: Jesus Christ Superstar, no matter
    how many times I've seen it, no matter the way they chose to portray it,
    comes closer - as far as depicting that scene goes - to what I was always
    taught, and therefore moves me much more.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thats really surprising that you didn't cry. Forgive me, i just find it weird that someone wouldn't at least tear up from watching that torture. I didn't think the bible had the number of lashes he got, and while some people say Mel did a good job of showing the crucifixion and torture of Jesus, theres no way of knowing if it was more brutal than the film, or less brutal. I'm going to go with just as brutal because he had to suffer. However i dont think the cat-o-nine tails whip was used back then. Mel did make it more gory and controversial.

I wrote a review awhile back.

Some people would say that if you didn't leave this movie with tears streaming down your cheeks,you've got no compassion and a heart as cold as stone.This film certainly brought out the deepest of emotions for many and I am among them. The Passion of the Christ is a very hard hitting,and confronting re-enactment of the Lord's final twelve hours on earth.The film opens with Jesus,portrayed brilliantly by amazing actor Jim Caviezel,in the garden of Gethsemane.Striking Italian actress Rosalinda Celentano portrays Satan in a haunting black robe and with a shaved head,which I found more frightening than the devil with red horns and a stake.The expression in her eyes is bone chilling and pure evil.The real brutality of Christ's last hours alive begins in the film from the moment he is arrested,and carries on without mercy until he is crucified,which is a much awaited end to the suffering.A barely alive Jesus saturated in enough blood for 20 men is nailed to the heavy wooden cross he was forced to carry after being being flogged to within an inch of his life by chuckling Roman soldiers who you just want to severely harm after witnessing their harsh treatment of Jesus.Its unfathomable how any human being could be so cruel and unforgiving.The brutality in this film is much too disturbing,unsettling and incredibly difficult to keep watching.The flogging scene drags on for 10 minutes with every inch of Jesus' body being struck by the destructive cat-o-nine-tails whip that literally peels chunks of flesh from the body,and sends them flying into the air.This sort of sickening detail could have been excluded.10 minutes is too much to stomach,and you get the horrible feeling that you're actually in a slaughterhouse.Jesus remains fairly weak and effete throughout the torture and Caviezel's gripping performance was Acamedy Award worthy.The woman who plays the Virgin Mary is magnificent,helplessly watching her son endure immense physical agony.The crucifixion scene is unbearable to watch with extreme close ups of the nails being driven into a beautiful hand.Mel Gibson's decision to film The Passion in Rome contributes to the movie's authenticity,making you feel as if you're actually there witnessing this man's awful death.Its incredibly sad to watch. The Passion is a brutal,graphic and disturbing film that doesn't leave you.The only way to find solace and relieve any upset is to remember that its only a movie,and its only a billion gallons of Heinz tomato ketchup smothering Caviezel's body. Not recommended.You don't have to watch this film to know that Jesus Christ suffered horribly for our salvation. He was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities. and by his wounds we are healed.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; April 22nd, 2007 at 05:15 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information