Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Movie scenes that made you cry

Default Re: Movie scenes that made you cry

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiParis View Post
    THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST, without doubt. Puts everything else in the shade.
    That is so hard to watch. I loved the movie, but I was a wreck when it was over!

another scene that kills me is Debra Winger saying goodbye to her little boys in "Terms of Endearment."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Heartbreaking scene when Heath Ledger pulls Jakes shirt out of the cupboard and see it entwined with his own lost shirt. And the blood still on it. The shirts they wore when they first met and Jake still kept in his bedroom years later. Howwwwwwwwlllll...........So Brokeback Mountain number 1.
    omg i kno! I was balling on the inside; too embarrassed to cry in the theater oohhhh Jakeypooo!!!!!!!

I Am David is so damn sad; the little boy in it is a brilliant actor and when he (spoiler):meets his mom at the end; omg i cry for minutes on end!
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; August 24th, 2006 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Didn't see this one, it got me when I watched it the first time and it still gets me: When little Bonnie Blue dies in Gone With The Wind. Also, Green Mile, Braveheart (even if Mel's an ass), Bastard out of Carolina...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Bronze Member

I agree with many of the movies that you guys have mentioned.

The "House of Sand and Fog"......the scene at the end where Ben Kingsley is at the hospital looking for his son and he keeps saying "I just want to see my son...my son" and he starts praying. I sobbed and sobbed.

I get teary eyed during the movie "Gettysburg", the part where Jeff Daniels's character General Chamberlain gives a speech to his troops from Maine who don't want to fight. He says stuff about how the war that they are fighting, the Civil War, is different from all other wars because they are fighting to make men free, and they fight because of the intrinsic belief that ALL human beings have value. It is a very well done speech.

The movie "Sophie's Choice" rips my heart out everytime. When the Nazis force her to choose between her children or they'll take both, and in a panic she says "take my daughter" and you can hear the little girl scream as she is carried off to her death, the look on Meryl streep's face, her silent sobbing, all of it are almost too much to watch. The whole scene is unimaginable, especially to a parent.

Laurent I've seen Phantom twice (live, not the movie, can't wait til it comes back to town!) and it makes me cry.

What Dreams May Come, with Robin Williams, the premise is soulmates. I cried so much during that movie and my husband did too (which is unusual).
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

The Piano - its just a sad movie all the way around to me

The Lion King - I will never for as long as I live forget my son grabbing my arm and whispering to me, "Mom please tell me Simba's dad is going to be ok. I dont want him to die it will hurt my heart too much" Right in the heart.
    It still gets me, Ive got tears rolling down.

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Anyone see The Champ? It had Faye Dunaway, Jon Voight and Riccy Schroder when he was perhaps 4/5. Wonderful movie and a total cryer. Riccy Shroder did an amazing job and he was such an adorable little boy.
    Yup that would be my pick. The scene where his dad just died and he's just crying and screaming hystericaly and all the grownups are standing around in silence, all of them in tears.

You guys are going to laugh at me, but the only movies that consistently make me cry are at the end of ET where he's leaving and she gives him the flowers.

That and in The Land Before Time where Littlefoot's mom dies, and then later he sees his own shadow and thinks its her and gets all excited and runs to greet her, and then the disappointment when he realises its not her and shes still dead and whatnot. Ugh, it always gets me, ever since I was little...even thinking about it now I'm getting sort of choked up...

Default Movie scenes that made you cry

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    You guys are going to laugh at me, but the only movies that consistently make me cry are at the end of ET where he's leaving and she gives him the flowers.

That and in The Land Before Time where Littlefoot's mom dies, and then later he sees his own shadow and thinks its her and gets all excited and runs to greet her, and then the disappointment when he realises its not her and shes still dead and whatnot. Ugh, it always gets me, ever since I was little...even thinking about it now I'm getting sort of choked up...
    Oh yes The Land Before Time. That part is a heart tugger for sure

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Anyone see The Champ? It had Faye Dunaway, Jon Voight and Riccy Schroder when he was perhaps 4/5. Wonderful movie and a total cryer. Riccy Shroder did an amazing job and he was such an adorable little boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post
    Yup that would be my pick. The scene where his dad just died and he's just crying and screaming hystericaly and all the grownups are standing around in silence, all of them in tears.
    yes yes yes, i cry during a lot of movies but this one tears me up. i've cried so hard i couldn't breath anymore. "wake up champ! please wake up!" i could cry just thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    What are some movie scenes that made you cry or tear up? Here are some of my choics:

-Armageddeon: Bruce Willis' characters farewell to his daughter
    i know that a lot of people cry during that scene. never did it for me! guess i was just happy AJ wasn't going to die.

one scene i think i am probably the only person that cries is pretty much at the end of jarhead when the vietnam vet gets on the bus and everybody looks kinda surprised and worried and the vet welcomes the boys back home and then asks if he can sit down in the bus and he sits there "getting" the welcome he never received after coming home from vietnam.

Boys On The Side. Especially when Whoopi is being sung to near the end.

Fried Green Tomatoes, The Color Purple(even though I know I am being emotionally manipulated..can't help it). Also just about any film where a character dies and another character is left alone to carry on.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Boys On The Side. Especially when Whoopi is being sung to near the end.

Fried Green Tomatoes, The Color Purple(even though I know I am being emotionally manipulated..can't help it). Also just about any film where a character dies and another character is left alone to carry on.

I can't believe I forgot about Boys on the Side & Fried Green Tomatoes. I bawl like a baby every time I watch either one of those!
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    The Lion King - I will never for as long as I live forget my son grabbing my arm and whispering to me, "Mom please tell me Simba's dad is going to be ok. I dont want him to die it will hurt my heart too much" Right in the heart. It still gets me, Ive got tears rolling down.
    Wow, that is one of the most endearing things I've ever heard. I wanna cry too!!
    debauched.

The wonderful thing is he remembers it clearly. Every so often he will bring it up and it has helped him in the "lady" department too. But its one of those moments I want to remember even on my death bed.

I just got done watching the best movie ever in my opinion. Called "Millions" and there is a scene where the main character, Damien, is talking to his mother but she has died. Oh it just broke my heart.
    I highly recommend watching it. Got it on Netflix.
    Last edited by SammysMom; August 29th, 2006 at 04:41 PM.

Titanic: The part when Jack is on the ship and Rose is on the boat - the flares are flying in the air and Jack has tears in his eyes
    Casper: When the girl and Casper are dancing at the end, and he says "Can I keep you"
    Shrek: the very end when Fiona transforms into an ogre for the final time and says "I'm supposed to be beautiful" and Shrek says "But you are"
    Grave of the Fireflies

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information