Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Movie scenes that made you cry

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    But as much as movies can get me, even the thought of that scene from Futurama with Fry's dog waiting for him can easily reduce me to complete mess:

That got me too. I was flopped on my mum-in-laws couch after an epic Sunday dinner and had to make my excuses for a quick dash to the bathroom for some tissues and deep breaths.

Watership Down. I LOVE that film but I try not to watch it now because it just fucking destroys me. When Bigwig gets caught in the snare. When they lose Violet. The end when the Black Rabbit comes for Hazel and the music starts. And that's my makeup ruined just thinking about it.

The Green Mile. I can make it through the brutality, I can make it through the execution but I lose it at the end when you see Mr Jingles still has his cotton reel. Now on my Refuse to Watch list.

A.I. Teddy being left all alone to wait. I wasn't that bothered about the kid, it was Teddy. Also on my Refuse to Watch List.

Cyrano de Bergerac. When Roxanne realises who it was that had really been wooing her all those years, just as he dies in her arms.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Even though I realize it's a little propaganda-ish, the ending of American Sniper. I can watch the whole movie dozens of times, but I've only seen the funeral ending once. It kills me.

Stepmom. Sarandon and Roberts played off each other so well, and O'Neil and the kids were also great. When the mom talks about how she can have their past and the stepmom can have their future.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I love towards the end of Stepmom when Susan and Julia Roberts are talking I cry every single time.
    https://youtu.be/QIJRim7z8s0

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    The only movie that has reduced me to full on sobbing was Dear Zachary but I think it doesn't count cause it's a documentary. But I watched it knowing nothing about the case and it tore me to pieces.
    OMG, Dear Zachary also got to me. I can't even describe the basic outline of the story without getting a lump in my throat.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

At the end of Brokeback Mountain where Ennis says to a shirt...."Jack...I swear."
    MohandasKGanja and panic like this.
    Jack I swear.

I remembered one. The scene in Rust and Bone when Marion Cotillard's character goes back to see the killer whale after her accident. I looked at it for a couple of seconds just now and it was getting to me. I'm wondering if it's just one of those weird things that struck me or if it chokes up other people, too. I never know how much I should elaborate on describing movies, even when they're old, because I don't want to spoil anything, but if you've seen it, you'll probably know what I'm talking about.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I love towards the end of Stepmom when Susan and Julia Roberts are talking I cry every single time.
    https://youtu.be/QIJRim7z8s0
    I cry every time that Julia Roberts' character is still alive at the end of a movie.
    BITTER and stella blue like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Everyone cried when Fred died in the last Harry Potter movie. I teared up just watching James Phelps talk about it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information