Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Movie scenes that made you cry

Schindler's list: when they show the survivors visting his grave.
    The Notebook: The end and at the part when they are on the boat with the swans all over. As well as the speech when he says " Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?"
    Ladder 49: The whole end, I cried my eyes out.
    Steel Magnolia's: When she is in a coma
    Beaches: The end....enough said!
    My Life: A lot of scenes, but the end the most.
    Love ya,
    Dara

Hit By Ban Bus!

Remember Me is the movie which make me to cry.I am, like, the hugest RPattz fan, but it's yet another romantic epic with the usual: dope, young death, nothing very original, but Rob brooded beautifully unlike many other wooden planks. Although, his father was more interesting and had a longer career too

Hi! I'm New Here!

the part in titanic that actually makes me cry when rose dies and ends up back in the titanic and all the dead people are there waiting for her.

Yes, I dug up an old-ass thread but it's a good one:

Terms of Endearment - Gets me every damn I see it. Every time, I tell ya! Shirley McClain yelling at the nurses because Debra Winger is in horrible pain and you can tell Shirley hasn't done her roots and she's pale and tired looking. It was so realistic when a loved one is dying. Nothing else matters but that loved one.

La Bamba - Another one that gets me everytime. You KNOW what's gonna happen....you grew up hearing about "The Day the Music Died" yet when this sweet, talented 17 yr old boy gets killed it breaks my heart everytime I see it. And his poor mama. Rosanna DeSoto knocked it out of the park as Consuela Valenzuela.

Old Yeller - For obvious reasons

Marley and Me - See: Old Yeller

Titanic - Such a tragic loss of so many lives due to pure arrogance.

The Help - When Mae Mobley is crying and screaming through the window for Aibileen after she got falsely accused of stealing and they fired her and she can't look back. She just keeps walking and held her head up high.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; August 5th, 2016 at 04:50 PM.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Toy Story 3 - I liked it even more than the first one. And it took everything I had to keep it together in front of my kids when Andy gives all his toys to the little girl.

Bridge to Terabithia - multiple scenes. Finding out one of the principal characters had suddenly and shockingly died was more like a punch in the stomach. But seeing the boy try to recover from the aftermath of losing his best friend (and at first being in denial) really got to me. But what really made my wife and I both cry was the final scene when he finally lets his little sister into his imaginary world. Loved it.

Imitation Game - when Turing as a young student, finds out that the boy who took him in, related to him, and who he had a crush on, had died. And because of the time he lived in, he felt compelled to react like it meant nothing to him, and then he quickly leaves the headmaster's office so he can privately fall apart.
    HeartShapedBox and ivey.girl like this.

Every time that one tear falls in Moonstruck, I cry too.

I cried during TS3 too. 13 Going On 30. The last 2 minutes. Even finding this clip and watching it made me tear up. I just LOVE it.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I cried during TS3 too. 13 Going On 30. The last 2 minutes. Even finding this clip and watching it made me tear up. I just LOVE it.
    I really don't know the movie, but you had me at Mark Ruffalo. Also, at "Crazy for You".....

Some more movies (warning - spoilers):

"Up" - the opening montage where you see a really unusually poignant sequence for an animated film, and which deals with the devastation of a miscarriage and the loss of a spouse. Every time I see it, it gets to me.

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" - the scene where Harry just barely manages to teleport back with Cedric's body, and then the growing horror of the crowd when they realize what has happened. But especially, when the father rushes down from the crowd and is holding Cedric in his arms wailing "my boy!.... My boy!" As a dad, that is an absolute killer.

"A.I" - pretty much the whole end sequence where aliens discover David's body and reanimate it. And they realize that he still can't be happy unless he has some resolution with his estranged mom. So, they manage to bring the mom back very briefly for him. What really gets to me is just this little kid pining away for acceptance from his mom and just a little slice of happiness, no matter how short it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Up" - the opening montage where you see a really unusually poignant sequence for an animated film, and which deals with the devastation of a miscarriage and the loss of a spouse. Every time I see it, it gets to me.
    I had been looking forward to that movie, but had no idea what I was getting myself into. I don't know if it just hit me at the wrong time, or I was being overly emotional, but I sunk into a depressed state for a few days after seeing it.

I will have to give this some thought, though, because I am a big movie crybaby. But there are the usual suspects (not the movie) like Steel Magnolias (when M'Lynn says she can run to Texas and back, but her daughter can't); Beaches ("you're not dead yet, so stop living as if you are"); Terms of Endearment, etc.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

i still cry at the funeral scene in Steel Magnolia's.

also, the original Brian's Song with James Caan. Where he's dying in the hospital and his wife, Gayle Sayers character (Billy Dee) and his wife are there.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

also, the original Brian's Song with James Caan. Where he's dying in the hospital and his wife, Gayle Sayers character (Billy Dee) and his wife are there.
    Yes!!! I forgot about that one! I was just a little girl when it came out but it was so moving. The theme song makes me cry everytime I hear it!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

The first ten minutes of Up should come with a warning label. I can't even think about it without tearing up (it's happening right now). My mom showed me a random youtube clip that had the music from Up in the background and I lost it - she hasn't seen the movie, so she probably thought I was nuts.
    Moongirl and Waterslide like this.

The only movie that has reduced me to full on sobbing was Dear Zachary but I think it doesn't count cause it's a documentary. But I watched it knowing nothing about the case and it tore me to pieces.

Other guaranteed tearjerkers, of course Beaches, Steel Magnolias (holly crap, Sally Field is such a great actress!!!) and I cried my head off in the wedding scene in Stella (1990 remake of a classic film with Barbara Stanwyck called Stella Dallas), in the scene where they run into each other again in The Way we Were but also more unexpected films like Glengary Glenn Ross in the scene where Jack Lemon's character breaks down while he's talking about his daughter, About Schmidt (in the scene where he receives the letter from the kid in Africa), 12 Monkeys (the moment we realise the significance of Bruce Willis' character's dream)

But as much as movies can get me, even the thought of that scene from Futurama with Fry's dog waiting for him can easily reduce me to complete mess:

What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

^^I'm not even gonna watch, I'm a blubbering mess whenever I see that scene! Another episode of Futurama that also makes me cry is the one where he thinks his brother stole his name, when in reality in flashbacks you see he named his son Phillip J. Fry in his honor...

Another one, I want to add is the scene in Forrest Gump when his mama is dying and he asked her why she has to die and she said "Well, dyin' is all a part of livin' Forrest." My grandmother used to say that. Everytime I see that scene, I lose it. Sally Field was so perfect in that role.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information