Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Movement to get hot bitch Betty White to host SNL

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    A GOOF??????? WTF??

And yes, Brookie, report back as to flavor of that vodka doll!
    Well, I guess not, since I really would like it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

But Why Can't Betty White Host SNL By Herself?!

If you stormed Rockefeller Center to demand that Betty White host SNL, then you probably looked like a lone asshole out there by yourself, because everybody else made their plea by joining the "Betty White 4 SNL" Facebook group. And if you are one of the many that joined, then get ready to give yourself a congratulatory finger bang, because Betty White is really close to hosting SNL. Actually, get ready to give yourself half of a congratulatory finger bang (just to the knuckle), because Betty White will not host the show alone. How do they say "fuckery" in St. Olaf?

Michael Ausiello over at EW has it on good authority that Lorne Michaels has heard the cries of the Betty White movement and will sign her to co-host SNL's "Women of Comedy" episode. Apparently, Lorne isn't sure that 88-year-old Betty White can handle an entire show by herself, so he's gathering other ladies to help her out. Molly Shannon is ready to join Betty, and Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have both been asked.

Lorne is totally underestimating the power of Betty White! Betty isn't going to fall asleep mid-show, or leave to catch the tail end of a Matlock episode she's already seen a dozen times. NO! Betty has the stamina of Kirstie Alley at the buffet. Betty can do anything.
    I guess this is better than nothing, but I'm still going to flip Lorne off St.Olaf-style like Betty White is in the picture above.

But Why Can't Betty White Host SNL By Herself?! | Dlisted
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Just joined her FB page! From the Golden Girls to her performance in Lake Placid, I absolutely ADORE this woman. She is the shit! C'mon Lorne Michaels, WE WANT BETTY!!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Predicting that Conan O'Brien will prevail on TV again, Lorne Michaels said the "mess of late night" and NBC's "chaos and look of disorganization" was actually a testament to the network's "creative freedom," reports The Post's Mandy Stadtmiller. "You can't imagine Conan being able to say what he said [on NBC] at Fox or Disney or wherever," the "Saturday Night Live" creator told a New Yorker panel with Ken Auletta and "SNL" head writer Seth Meyers Tuesday night. "And that chaos and that look of disorganization comes from a better place, in my opinion. It's not a button-down-enough culture to shut things down. Whereas at CBS, when it happened with the Smothers Brothers, they were just gone." Of Jay Leno, Michaels said, "I think he's doing fine." And of Betty White hosting "SNL" thanks to the Internet campaign to get her on? "I'm crazy about Betty White, so something good will come of it, yeah."

Read more: Lorne Michaels says Conan will be back - NYPOST.com

I hope so! And i hope Lorne Michaels understands the girl don't need no help. She can handle this all by herself.

Default Betty White confirms she will appear on SNL

Betty White Confirms She'll Appear on Saturday Night Live
    By Nicholas White
    Monday March 08, 2010 02:05 PM EST

Betty White fans, your prayers have been answered. The former Golden Girl will appear on Saturday Night Live in the near future, she confirmed to PEOPLE at Elton John's annual Oscars viewing party on Sunday night.

Fans have been clamoring for White, 88, to do SNL – an idea she called "ridiculous" just a few weeks ago – ever since her comic turn in a Snickers ad during the Super Bowl. One Facebook page devoted to the cause has attracted half a million fans.

When asked by PEOPLE, "Are you doing Saturday Night Live," she answered, "Yes," even if she remains perplexed by the groundswell of support.

"I don't know why or how," she says, "but it's been wonderful."

White didn't offer any details about the SNL gig, and it remains unclear when she will appear – or what it will entail.

Entertainment Weekly said she might appear on a special "Women of Comedy" episode with former SNL cast members Molly Shannon, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler – but executive producer Lorne Michaels reportedly denied that.

White's career resurgence hasn't come completely out of the blue. She did star with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds in the romantic comedy The Proposal, and was recognized with a lifetime achievement award at the Screen Actors Guild.

Betty White Confirms She'll Appear on Saturday Night Live - Oscars 2010, Betty White, Elton John : People.com

Hellz yeaaaaah!!!

May 8th kids! She's hosting!!

Wooot!!

Facebook fans of Betty White got their wish: she will host a special Mother's Day episode on May 8.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Betty White will officially host Saturday Night Live on May 8
    • This news comes after thousands of fans campaigned for White to get a hosting gig
    • White's episode will also feature six former SNL women, most of whom are moms
    (PEOPLE.com) -- It's official: Betty White will host NBC's Saturday Night Live on May 8, WNBC News announced Thursday morning.
    Besides featuring the "Golden Girl," who was the subject of a Facebook campaign to get her the gig, the special Mother's Day episode will also reunite six former female "SNL" cast members, most of whom happen to be moms: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Molly Shannon, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer and Rachel Dratch.
    The show's creator-producer, Lorne Michaels, told USA Today that the Facebook campaign, which kicked in after White's Super Bowl commercial for Snickers, "took on a groundswell. [White as the host] isn't something we would have said no to, [but the campaign] validated that, 'Oh, that'd be fun' ... It was the outpouring of affection from fans, and we feel the same way."
    And while White, 88, has no children of her own -- except for her golden retriever, Pontiac -- Michaels justifies her Mother's Day appearance by explaining, "She's the mother of us all in comedy."
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Can't wait for the Golden Girls spoof.....

That will be a great episode. I love all those former cast member, save Molly Shannon. I loathe unfunny Molly Shannon.

About damn time. Can't wait!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

all kinds of awesome

This is so awesome. I love Betty, she is one funny lady.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information