Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Most common movie cliches

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    Or when I can tell the cardboard boxes or purse is completely empty. It bothers me--put some substance or weight in there for cripesakes!!!!!
    I hate that one too - someone's lugging a huge suitcase around, supposedly full, and then they accidentally hold it at a funny angle so you can tell it's completely empty.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    I hate that one too - someone's lugging a huge suitcase around, supposedly full, and then they accidentally hold it at a funny angle so you can tell it's completely empty.
    Sometimes the suitcases have actual dents in them! Or they sort of collapse from being empty when they're put on the floor!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I have a few more that I can think of in sports movies:

Most if not all sports movies have the tag-line "Based on a true Story"

All sports movies have montages EVERYWHERE. There's montages of the team playing, working out, in school, etc. Also there are montages where newspaper articles are used to show the team is winning games.

There's always a fat guy in every sports movie, in fact he's the token fat guy.

The team is usually made outta misfits or outcasts, and in the fainl game are put up against a "rich" or "superior" team.

The coach gives an uplifting speech before the final game.

And finally in the last game, the player that had the most trouble/problems/mishaps,etc is the one that scores the final touchdown/goal/point and wins the game for the whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Woman wakes up in the night after hearing a noise downstairs, or returns home to find the front door ajar. She then stumbles around looking for the intruder in the dark. TURN ON THE GODDAM LIGHTS!!!!!
    No no no, cause then the bad guys can see YOU

In a horror movie when the female's looking around in the dark, someone puts their hand on her shoulder, grabs her by her ankle or jumps in front of her, and it's her friend that was looking for her. Umm... you can't say anything from afar or happen to make any noise prior to startling the poor girl even more???
    Go Habs Go!!

I just love inconsistencies

like when cars/homes are not congruent with job/income...Ive seen movies about "super rich" ppl who are at best driving around in a C -class mercedes (which costs about the same as a jeep) BS wheres the 100g S55 benz sedan...so theyre living in a mansion acting all hoity toity but yet driving a mid-grade car...OR when theyre supposed to be "just scraping by" but are clearly living in a 2-3million$ pad, but are driving the token 20 year old sh*t box car which is hilarious bc nowadays you can lease a brand new car for pennies...

--my other fave is when they get "TAKE OUT" but only get enough for 1.5 people like one pizza for 10 people or 2 cartons of chinese for 5 people

--maybe its me but i think its funny when a woman comes down with a bathrobe and head in a towel (seemingly has just bathed) but when she takes the towel off her hair is dry??? I see this ALL the time, why are u walking around w ur hair in a towel if u didnt wet ur hair?

--- this may sound a little risque but movie sex, when theyre in a position that would literally be impossible to have sex in.

--how a single person will set the table and use proper serving dishes to eat dinner alone...AS IF theyre not sitting infront of the tv eating out off paper plates

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    No no no, cause then the bad guys can see YOU
    Well call me a sook, but if I came home to find my front door ajar I think I'd probably stay in the car, drive further down the street and call the cops.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah, about the dry hair in towel. But what about people who, for some reason or another, fall fully clothed into water, so they're literally soaking wet. Yet while they're in the middle of a sentence two minutes after it happened, (part of) their clothing and/or hair are already dry again......

Or women have babies while sitting UPRIGHT in bed. I mean> they're blocking the exit!!!!!

***** celeb

Its funny how when I watch a movie where the bad guy has just entered somewhere and the woman is running, you just KNOW that something is going to happen, and she'll escape. I saw a movie once where I thought the woman was going to get out of there, but when the killer got her, it really shook me, because I really wasn't expecting it, after seeing movie after movie where the woman gets a lucky escape! And I thought 'oh shit he's coming' but wait, she'll get away. But when she didn't, oohh i cant describe how I felt! I was just really really sad.

Why do the actors/actresses look at the door when the doorbell rings or looks at the phone when the phone rings?

Why? Do they do that in real life??!?!? Jeeees.
    Go Habs Go!!

In horror movies> most creepy things happen at night or during bad weather. When people hear something in the house they GO where they hear it, they hardly ever run out of the house or get help.
    They also NEVER LOOK BEHIND THEM!! it drives me mad!

In sitcoms people are always making hilarious coments and no one ever laughs
    Last edited by SuperHeroTights; November 5th, 2006 at 05:18 PM.

^Thats why I love watching sitcom bloopers; the actors do crack up at each others lines, I think it would be impossible not to!

must...revive...thread...

I swear that nobody rinses their mouth after brushing their teeth in movies! Do people really just spit and get on with their day? Is it just me that actually rinses with water?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

When people in movies or on TV are supposed to be non-smokers that, for some reason, have to light up and smoke a cigarette, the always hold the cigarette in a very extra awkward way, like they have cerebral palsy or something

Whenever a character drinks an alcoholic drink, they always make a weird face after they take a sip, often followed by a noise "aaaaaah" or a grunt.

Whenever there's a fight and one person hits another, they always hurt themselves with the blow and shake their hurt hand and start dancing around in pain

You rarely see people do domestic chores, unless it's a movie with kids and animals, and then it's the standard "mow the lawn", "do the dishes" stuff.
    Hardly ever anything else.

People hardly end a phone conversation with "Bye". If they end a conversation at all, it's mostly with "I love you" or something icky like that.

Come to think of it, "I love you" is never uttered more than by movie and TV characters. Kinda diminishes the meaning of the phrase to me.

In movies and series, either hardly anything goes wrong with the characters, or EVERYTHING always seems to go wrong with them. I guess that's why they make the movies that way> making movies about average people with ordinary lives would be like watching paint dry......

***** celeb

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information