Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most common movie cliches

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    [*]Whenever the gun runs out of bullets, it gets thrown at the assailant.
    I particularly like this one.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    HWBL, glad that you mentioned soaps. On soaps, the ladies are always perfectly coiffed and made up. Nobody smokes, but I guess I shouldn't complain about that. Half of the characters on the soap seem to work at the local hospital.
    Indeed, not realistic, but great. Remember it has to do with the era in which the movie or series was filmed. In the 1930's-1970's people smoked like chimneys on TV and in movies (you almost can't imagine Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart, Dean Martin or Sammy Davis jr. without a cigarette attached to them!). I remember my mom always wondering if people really immediately got themselves an alcoholic drink after coming home from work, each time she saw J.R. on Dallas (most prominently) doing it. None of us drinks, so she always noticed and still notices that, LOL.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Or in real life, the guy's behaviour would classify him as a creepy stalker, but in the movie it eventually wins the girl's heart. No means try harder!
    Very true!!!
    Thats exactly what I thought while watching the movie Wicker Park; Josh Hartnett's character's action would get him arrested in real life!

And this is especially in tv; they spend alot of time in coffee shops. No one really goes to work.

You hardly ever see people in movies sufring the net.

Cars will never start when you need them to.

A*O

Woman wakes up in the night after hearing a noise downstairs, or returns home to find the front door ajar. She then stumbles around looking for the intruder in the dark. TURN ON THE GODDAM LIGHTS!!!!!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

In horror movies, women will always go running through a forest, squealing their heads off while being pursued by the psycho killer and will always, ALWAYS break their ankle and fall.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

After a night of hot, dirrrty, sweaty sex there is NEVER a Wet Patch
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

women go to bed and have showers with a full face of makeup... and when they wake up they don't have panda eyes or a makeup stained pillow. But the moment that they cry.. the mascara WILL run down their face. Talk about convenient makeup!

Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninBusan View Post
    Whenever a character lives in Paris, their apartment has a view of
    the Eiffel Tower. Always.
    You are so right! I can think of three movies right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Indeed, not realistic, but great. Remember it has to do with the era in which the movie or series was filmed. In the 1930's-1970's people smoked like chimneys on TV and in movies (you almost can't imagine Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart, Dean Martin or Sammy Davis jr. without a cigarette attached to them!).
    I LOVED the way Bette Davis smoked. So stylized. Her cigarette would be lit by a man and instead of inhaling the first puff, she'd blow the smoke out - creating a big cloud of smoke around her.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    After a night of hot, dirrrty, sweaty sex there is NEVER a Wet Patch
    I love when the man gets out of bed after sex and he's wearing shorts or she's wearing a camisole. WTF?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Woman wakes up in the night after hearing a noise downstairs, or returns home to find the front door ajar. She then stumbles around looking for the intruder in the dark. TURN ON THE GODDAM LIGHTS!!!!!
    Or, to add to that one, wanders around the house saying "Heelllooo?" Does she expect the intruder to answer her? "Oh, sorry, I just wandered into this locked, occupied house. I'll be leaving now."

Elite Member

Cops/CSI's go into dark crime scene buildings/houses at night and pull out their flashlights to start looking for evidence. Hello? You could see much better if you turned on the lights!

People go into bars, order drinks, the bartender brings a drink, and then something happens (argument, etc.) and the person gets up and leaves without taking a sip! Drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Cops/CSI's go into dark crime scene buildings/houses at night and pull out their flashlights to start looking for evidence. Hello? You could see much better if you turned on the lights!

People go into bars, order drinks, the bartender brings a drink, and then something happens (argument, etc.) and the person gets up and leaves without taking a sip! Drives me crazy.
    ^Almost during the ENTIRE series of The X-Files it was either dark or rotten weather, like rain or just grey. I guess they needed an excuse to wear those long trench coats of theirs
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

when you finally "kill" the crazy murderer, you should always just assume he's dead. That way he can jump back up and kill you.

In high school movies, the cheerleaders wear their uniforms to school every day.

On the first day of school, everyone gathers outside of the building according to cliques. Jocks, Nerds, Minorities, Bullies, and Cheerleaders. The cheerleaders are wearing their uniforms and tumbling or doing stunts. The Bullies are always picking on the Nerds. As the main character's mom drops them off in front of the school. they walk through a clearing in the middle of all the groups and everyone stares at them.

If it's a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie, they are being raised by a single father who frequently mentions how much they look like/remind him of their dead mother.

How about the main character who's fat, ugly, bald, poor, and stupid with a hot wife. This goes for TV and movies. Yeah, like this happens in real life!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information