Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'More To Love' on Fox

Am I the only one still watching this? He's down to four women now. All of the remaining women are smaller and have defined waists except one, and she's very pretty with massive cleavage (the blond). I think she may be the winner, because she's very confident, which he seems to be drawn to.

This week's rejects:

This week's winners:

I keep forgetting to watch! I did see a promo in whoch he was supposedly confessing something to the girls, what did his big secret turn out to be?

He told one of them he had three children. Her face dropped, and then he said he was kidding. That's the only secret I remember.

He's more or less an immature frat-boy type, but seems to have an ok heart. He loves the attention and thinks he's super hot. He made girls rub lotion on him this week after bragging about how hot his man-boobs were.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    This whole thing sounds like a complete and utter mess. The show's repulsive. I know the idea behind this was to show the world that big people can date and love also. However, I think this is just humiliating.
    I have never watched this show, but it sounds pretty disgusting. And this bullshit about fat women never being able to find love is just that. Of my small group of childhood friends I still keep in touch with, the first one of us to lose virginity...to real actual *gasp* boyfriend, not a lay or some guy on a 'dare' from other guys...the first one to get married and have kids (who's still happily married) was guess who? The "fat girl". As in the biggest girl (and sometimes biggest person) in the class every year since we were old enough to go to school. I have several friends who are plus size who have never had the mentality and low self esteem that the women on this show have been described as. Girls who dress well, go out all the time, date (or dated...when single) ALL the time, get laid like the broads on SATC, and generally have men chasing them down at about the same rate as my skinny bitch friends, sometimes much more, if we're talking about a skinny chick who happens to come with more issues than TIME LIFE, managing to send men running in the other direction 2 minutes out from "hello".
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

He dumped the pitiful girls pretty early on--now he's left with the normal ones. They seem pretty confident and together. Let's face it, nobody on any of these shows is mentally "all there" or emotionally stable.

These women don't want to prance around in bathing suits like the women on the "Bachelor", but I think they're pretty comparable otherwise. The one difference I have seen is that far fewer of these women have decided they're "in love" with this joker by the second week, unlike the desperate women you usually see on the "Bachelor". In that respect, they seem less needy/sad.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    He made girls rub lotion on him this week after bragging about how hot his man-boobs were.

^ Yeah that made me laugh too! I haven't watched since that first episode. I might catch up on the webisodes though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Let us know what you think.

Elite Member

I think they all seem MORE desperate. I laughed out loud during the last ring ceremony. They all looked like they were going to break out in tears at any moment. Even Tali, who seems very mature, went running after Luke for reassurance.

I think it's sad, most of them acted like if they didn't get chosen that they never would find a man. And Luke, IMO, isn't a big prize. He's sweet, but he's also the cheesiest cheeseball who ever walked the planet. His lines are hilarious!

Bottom line: both shows make women look ridiculous...but I watch anyway.

I can't figure out what Tali's deal is. She's so beautiful and mature, and has a real career. WTH is she doing on this show? I guess we'll find out more about her next week, when they visit her family.

I agree, Luke is no fantastic prize, just a nice guy with a zest for life. Maybe that's rarer than we think?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I can't figure out what Tali's deal is. She's so beautiful and mature, and has a real career. WTH is she doing on this show? I guess we'll find out more about her next week, when they visit her family.

I agree, Luke is no fantastic prize, just a nice guy with a zest for life. Maybe that's rarer than we think?
    He does seem like a nice guy...if he wasn't so totally cheesy I'd like him much better. Her certainly does seem to have made some of the girls feel better about themselves. He's such a cheeseball though, I can't get over it.

One of my friends is a YouTube type singer looking for exposure and she was approached to apply for the show back when they were casting. She's plus sized and proud of it, cute, great musician and all around nice girl, total package. Anyway, she was completely skeptical and didn't know if she should try because it all sounded so exploitative to her. We were all like Do-IT! You'll be on TV and get a chance to sing!! So we egged her on and she went through with the process.

She got into the top 25 and was eventually rejected for being too "unique and special". Then a girl dropped out last minute and they asked her to come on the show anyway and she told them to go screw.

The whole thing was kinda weird because while I totally wanted her to do it, for her singing first and for me to watch her on TV second (how neat!), she felt like it was a dishonest idea. No matter how cool she was with herself, there was an aspect of Oh Woe is Us... We're the Fat Girls and she didn't want to be a part of it. But her inner celeb wanted national exposure. Hopefully she'll get a chance on a different platform but the whole process was interesting.

And she said they really didn't do any psychological testing or anything, just a lot of questions like- Do you enjoy sex? How many serious relationships have you had? Do you plan what you're wearing in advance and if so, how far along in advance? Stuff like that.
    Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen.

Oh, that's interesting! I can imagine they don't want any really interesting girls because the Bachelor is so bland. He wants a good hostess who can entertain his buddies at BBQs and not embarrass him at whatever real estate meetings he has to attend as a couple (I doubt he's that successful, so probably not many). Someone to drink beer and watch football with and perhaps listen to Bruce Springsteen (or whatever the aging frat boy equivalent band is these days) with. He did have one "edgy" girl from Oregon who wore vintage-ish clothes/makeup and had tattoos, but her dream was to be a housewife and cook for him.

If you friend wants a music career, this is the last place to go. She'd never be taken seriously again.

That's also interesting about the lack of psychological testing! How bizarre! I thought that was standard for shows that inflict emotional trauma.

Elite Member

Re: Psychological testing for reality shows -- there is an interesting article in Entertainment Weekly this week about it, b/c of the whole Jenkins thing. Apparently, some of them aren't being nearly as rigorous as they should be (this is especially true of some of the cable shows -- they mentioned one company in particular) b/c they want to get things into production ASAP. They haven't been as thorough with background checks either.

^^ Judging from the usual contestants on those shows, I'd say, of course they don't do psychological testing! Or maybe they do and then they cast only the psychos.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information