Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Miss Universe Pageant

A*O

Sofia Vergara lost her crown!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I didn't watch it, but when I read about the fuck up, I thought there goes his career. It will never be lived down. The joke is on him now. Poor Steve Harvey, and I like him too, except for his talk show.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

When he does Family Feud, he flubs the questions sometimes. It's almost like he cannot read properly. The camera wasn't on Miss Colombia a lot after the snafu, but when it was, you could see the mortification on her face. I had turned it off when Miss France didn't make the final three. I'm sorry I did now. I heard about it on BBC radio when I was in bed.
    Last edited by BITTER; December 21st, 2015 at 07:58 AM.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

A lot of my fellow Filipinos are obsessed with beauty pageants. All they ever talk about is praying another Miss Philippines hopeful would win Miss Universe. I mean, they've been talking about winning again after the last Miss Philippines won Miss Universe in 1973! And since Miss Philippines won, they went batshit crazy!

Still, I felt bad for both Miss Colombia and Miss Philippines. The look on their faces said it all.

Last edited by heart_leigh; December 21st, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    Rock the fuck on!

They really should have announced it the next day. Wow. Yeah, she would have lost that moment, but she would have a whole year to reign.

Gold Member

We surveyed 100 people. Name what body part Miss Colombia is going to cut off Steve Harvey first. The top 5 answers are on the board.

I predict a Colombian necktie.
    joebob likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

A lot of people think this was staged for ratings. I mean it is the lead story on a Monday after Star Wars mania weekend ended. The producers must be all rubbing their greedy hands together right now smirking. I hate that Steve Harvey calls women "females" on his talk show which I think he uses it is a derogatory statement, a put down to diminish strong/powerful women. He shtick on his talk show is so dated and anti-woman in my opinion. I found it interesting they hired him for this gig, but then again the whole concept of beauty pageants are made for guy's like Steve. Isn't he homophobic on top of being a woman hater?
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I'm not sure I buy into the idea of a planned publicity stunt that makes you (the pageant/host) seem completely incompetent.
    Beeyotch, joebob and McJag like this.

Steve reminds me of my dad's friends - pinky rings and all. And most of them are dead from drinking too much, eating too much and chain smoking Newports. I bet Steve has a big-assed Buick too.
    Beeyotch and Sunnygirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm not sure I buy into the idea of a planned publicity stunt that makes you (the pageant/host) seem completely incompetent.
    The theory is Steve was not in on the set-up. The rumor is the producers told him in his earpiece that Miss Columbia was the winner. Have you seen the pic of the actual card he was reading off of? it is terribly put together too. I need to find the copy I think its in Gawker. I will be back......

ETA: If this is a real picture of the card, its awful. I would think the winner would be FIRST, then runners up. I had to look really hard to find the winner.

Ashley Reese ‏@offbeatorbit

Y'all acting like this couldn't possibly be arranged better? What is this font size nonsense??? LOL STOP PLAYIN.

• Retweets 138
    • Likes 177

7:51 PM - 20 Dec 2015
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

yeah, that card is a mess. Hey, is it just me, or did Steve's announcement of the winner take a record amount of time? It seemed like there was a 20+ second pause? Is that the tradition or just a reflection of how confused he was?

I don't find that card confusing at all.
    sprynkles, joebob, Makisa and 1 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I don't find that card confusing at all.
    Maybe its my new glasses, but the font of the winner's country looks way smaller to me. Looks like this to me on the card: Philippines.
    I also just noticed that no where on the card does it say WINNER OF MISS UNIVERSE 2015. The Bottom right to me just says the name of event with the Philippines listed under that.

Last edited by Sunnygirl; December 21st, 2015 at 04:51 PM.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Another controversy.

Miss Philippines was awarded the crown and Harvey’s mistake was rectified, but Miss Germany wasn’t too happy about it.

Sarah-Lorraine Riek, who finished unplaced, spoke to Missosology about the outcome:

“I really couldn’t believe it, I was so upset. For me (she was robbed) as the real winner … I was very happy for Miss Colombia because she really deserved it. I’m really not happy with the result and so are the other girls, I’m sorry to say it.”
    Rock the fuck on!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information