Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miss North Carolina USA crowned Miss USA 2009

A girl in my circle of friends, who I always avoided, was in pageants. She was the Miss (city) of my city and competed in Miss California pageants. She was beyond stepford, it was shocking! And she was also a uber religious Christian and creeped me out.

She was like a duggar, only with better hair.

Miss California: My Anti-Gay Marriage Answer "Cost Me My Crown"
    Monday April 20, 2009

Carrie Prejean poses for photos at the 2009 Miss USA Pageant on April 19, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Denise Truscello/WireImage.comBuzz up!

Miss California Carrie Prejean says she believes her anti-same sex marriage stance hurt her chances of winning Sunday's Miss USA competition.
    At the Las Vegas pageant, Prejean, 21, was asked by judge Perez Hilton how she felt about legalizing gay marriage. "In my country, and in my family, I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she replied. She later lost out to Miss North Carolina, Kristen Dalton.
    "It did cost me my crown," Prejean said of her response on Monday's Billy Bush Show. "I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that's all I can do."

"It is a very touchy subject and [Hilton] is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would've wanted me to be more politically correct," she added. "But I was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything."
    In an interesting twist, Prejean revealed that her sister supports same sex marriage.
    "My sister is a second lieutenant in the Air Force and she is a gay rights activist," she said of her sib, who is not gay. "She supports gay people, she supports gay marriage. My beliefs have nothing to do with my sister or my mom, or whatever."

Her sister wasn't offended by her remarks at the pageant.
    "She was just in my hotel room and she said, 'Sis, I'm not offended by anything that you said. We have two different opinions and I love you because of it. I love you because you stood up for what was right, and it's not a matter of being gay or not gay, it's a matter of you competing for Miss USA and getting a question and answering it to the best of your ability,''" she said.
    Added Prejean, "That's what's so great about being an American - we're able to have our own opinions."
    Despite all the controversy, "I feel like I won. I feel like I'm the winner. I really do," Prejean said, adding that she had 1,000 messages on Facebook and 2,000 friend requests.
    Asked about rumors that she is dating Michael Phelps, she said, "He is a great man. Wouldn't you like to know, Billy Bush? We can talk about that a different day."
    News - Miss California: My Anti-Gay Marriage Answer "Cost Me My Crown" | Usmagazine.com

BTW,if you click the link and scroll down to read some of the comments..umm scary stuff.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Oh boy, Miss California is now making herself out to be a martyr for her gay-bashing cause. Just wonderful.

oooooooo she got 2000 Facebook friend requests!! She IS popular!!

Fucking dumbass

nice comments indeed, holy fucking shit. Bunch of biblethumping inbred fuckwits.

"Gays getting married invalidates the sanctity for the rest of us!"

uh, how about Vegas marriages, quickie divorces, spousal abuse, spousal rape, cheating, and all the other shit straight people have been doing to each other since the dawn of time?

I also love the other woman who stated "you just want to be legally recognized for WHO YOU SLEEP WITH"

um.. isn't that was straight marriage is? LOL

fucking morons.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Gosh she isn't even pretty. These girls look so...old and hard.

That said, I can at least respect that someone honestly answers a question instead of saying what they think people want to hear. It is not a given that most people support gay marriage and the fact that some are shocked by her answer just goes to show that people don't come into contact too often with people who don't think like them. I mean, I know what my beliefs are but I'm not shocked when I encounter someone who believes the exact opposite. If you took a poll of every adult American I bet a majority would oppose gay marriage, so her idea really isn't out there in right field even though it may seem ridiculous to us.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

She did answer honestly, so she's an honest bigot. I'm not sure if she gets a point for that or not.

I would feel better if I could slap her in her whore mouth.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Miss NC's dress is ugly.
    I saw a pretty white one with feathers and then a yellow one I liked. Most of hte dresses were disappointing though. For the five minutes I watched.

Sorry, but I hate Miss California, and Miss New Mexico's mom is a pig.

OMG, I looked up Miss California and she grew up in the same area as I did. I didn't know her though because she was too young to go to the same schools as me. Plus she moved to El Cajon to go to her shitty Christian college.

Anyway, her opinions don't reflect the area she grew up in, or even the high school she went to. There are several Christian schools around here, so I am shocked she went to a public school in the more "ghetto" area of the city considering she's a prissy white girl.

Glad she didn't win, bigot!

"It did cost me my crown," Prejean said
    What an ass to presume she would've won if not for that answer.

Maybe North Carolina was just better.

Do any of these twats ever think for themselves? I still cannot believe this shit is still ON, it is insulting on so many levels. Now they're even schooling them for this shit from the looks of that show on TLC with all those bratty kids fulfilling their mommy's dreams. Makes me sick. Back to topic, why is she surmising she lost because of how she answered the question only? She certainly is sucking the winners fifteen minutes from her IMO and the pageant ought to toss her ass to the curb for that alone.

Sorry Laurent, just read your post, great minds think alike,LOL!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

OMG, you should see some of the San Diego newspaper websites. There is one article that was just posted and it has over 600 posts of people arguing already.

Elite Member

From a personal standpoint, I don't in any way agree with what Miss California said HOWEVER I do have a problem with this suggestion that she's not entitled to her own opinion.

Perhaps the only way to solve this in the future is to be proactive. They should consider handing out politically correct, scripted answers to questions that the contestants can rehearse ahead of time to ensure the judges and public hear exactly what they want to hear when they answer those 'spontaneous' questions as part of the competition.

They ought to just do away with the pretense that this Miss USA bullshit is based on anything beyond how someone looks in a bathing suit and how pretty their dress is.

I think there are probably some real "scholarship" pageants based on brains as well as beauty, but I doubt anything involving Donald Trump and Perez Hilton is one of them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information