Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Michelle Pfeiffer in talks to star opposite Johnny Depp in Tim Burton's Dark Shadows

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    There was a room where a guy's severed head was in a glass case, and the body was outside with a tree on top of it. And one day, somebody lifted the tree up, and the body attacked him.
    Holy crap!!! You just resurrected (no pun intended) a scary childhood memory for me!!

Speaking of Quentin the Werewolf, (shown on the previous page) he was played by the wonderful David Selby who also starred in Falcon Crest in the 80's.

On Falcon Crest:
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; January 21st, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

This sounds really cool. Can't wait for this to come out.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Ok I retract my earlier statement. Johnny might not be the Barnabas I remember, but I am DYING to see this movie! I am in "SQUEEEE!!" mode just looking at the stills. Oh yeah, I'll see this one at the theatre--no question.

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    I'm sick of seeing Johnny Depp in everything Tim Burton does. I loved Tim Burton, but his films have become boring, same-old same-old, and like someone said very Disney. His new films are like a caricature of his past ones.
    Yes. To all of it but especially the bold part.

Dark Shadows trivia- The actress that played the female lead- Alexandra Isles- is the woman that Claus von Bulow was having an affair with when he tried to bump Sunny off.

[YOUTUBE]EI11rS948BM[/YOUTUBE]
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Default Dark Shadows: Tim Burton Ruins a Classic

[YOUTUBE]upSANQs12p0[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the trailer for the adaptation of the late 60's ghoulish soap opera, Dark Shadows. But alas, coated over and shellacked with Tim Burton camp and Johnny Depp shmaltz, the revival of the cult classic looks like it will be an unrecognizable homage to the original.

The show, which ran from 1966 through 1971, followed the Collins family and their home in creaky, creepy Collinwood mansion. The home is haunted by chattering ghosts and, after he is accidentally released from his coffin, a vampire named Barnabas Collins. In 1795, Barnabas was cursed by the witch Angelique after rejecting her in favor of Josette. Barnabas became a vampire and Josette hurled herself off a cliff. After Barnabas is revived from the grave, Julia Hoffman, a plucky vampire-killer, comes to the home to try and rid the Collins' of the vampire once and for all but, twist!, she falls in love with him instead.

And now, in place of a truly spooky, supernatural soap, we have this dreck to wade through. I enjoy Chloe Moretz, cloying as she can sometimes be, Michelle Pfeiffer's still kickin, Eva Green sure is pretty and look, there's Helena Bonham Carter. But cast aside, this thing stinks to high heaven.

There are, for example, 93 seconds of nothing but gross sex banter followed by a tongue bath. And it's never a good sign when a trailer includes a flashback to the beginning of that same trailer. I asked my mom, who as a kid adored the show, what she loved most about it. She told me that she "thought Barnabas Collins was the most intriguing quasi monster I'd ever seen. He was refined, really a gentleman in a way." Yeesh, RIP Barnabus from the good ol' days. Johnny Depp has sealed you away forever in a coffin made of tit jokes.

The thing is, I appreciate what Tim Burton has accomplished. He's produced some gems that were good and fun and maybe even had a hand in shaping the way a handful of later movies were made. But perhaps it's time he pack away the pointy black collars and spindly, skeletal fingers and I don't know, go sit on a beach somewhere and get some sun on that punim. He's got a movie called Frankenweenie coming out, for Pete's sake. It's time to pack it in.

Dark Shadows: Tim Burton Ruins a Classic
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm excited to see this. I enjoyed the trailer!!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I wanna see this BAD! I am so there!
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

While it is in a completely different spirit than the original, I'm looking forward to it. Tim Burton swings dramatically one way or the other with me; I either love it or hate it. I'm hoping I will love this...
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

The trailer looks good...but IDK i might see this. Will decide once it comes out. This kind of reminds me of the Adams Family. But we will see.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    The trailer looks good...but IDK i might see this. Will decide once it comes out. This kind of reminds me of the Adams Family. But we will see.
    It looks like Tim Burton has made this too cartoonish.

This looks like a hot mess.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i'm a fan of johnny depp , not to much of tim burton film's but will watch movie when it comes out .

© Jonathan Frid / AP

'Dark Shadows' star Jonathan Frid dead
    April 19, 2012, 6:30 AM EST
    WENN

Cult actor Jonathan Frid has died at 87, according to Digital Spy. Frid passed away on April 13 from natural causes at Juravinski Hospital in Ontario, Canada.

The actor was best known for playing vampire Barnabas Collins in '60s supernatural TV soap opera "Dark Shadows," which is the subject of an upcoming big screen remake directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp in the role made famous by Frid. The actor makes a cameo appearance in the film, and it was fittingly his final screen role. Other notable credits include roles in "The Devil's Daughter" and 1974 horror film "Seizure."

Frid's former "Dark Shadows" co-star Kathryn Leigh Scott paid tribute to the actor on her official website, writing, "I am so grateful to have worked with Jonathan and to have known him as the charismatic, entertaining, complex and plainspoken man that he was. What fun we had working together! He was irascible, irreverent, funny, caring, lovable and thoroughly professional, and in the end became the whole reason why kids ran home from school to watch 'Dark Shadows.'"
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Unhappy

Awww!!! RIP, Barnabas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information