Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore's new film Sicko cheered at Cannes

Silver Member

^^^
    Have you read Mad Cowboy by Howard F. Lyman? That one will also knock your socks off. I think it is now why I gag and get grossed out when I see meat. Fast Food Nation should be in every school. Not just the food, but what blew my mind was the marketing behind it. My friends 1 year old can't speak, but can spot and knows a McDonalds bag. Creepy.
    Last edited by Lucky32; May 23rd, 2007 at 07:34 PM.

Like Michael Moore or not, the man has a point. The state of our health care is a shame. The state of a lot of things in our country is an outright shame. Why? To me, it's because of the person that is supposed to be running our country. I, as an American, feel I have every right to criticize the state of affairs here and people that live in other countries are directly affected by the decisions that the little monkey man in office makes. Therefore, they have every right to criticize as well. Hell, if our country can decide who can and can't run their country in the way they see fit, then certainly citizens the world over should feel free to voice their opinion about the US. Right now, the US is struggling to take care of it's own people. Healthcare sucks. The midwest has been ravaged by tornados and there is no National Guard or equipment needed to help these people out. What are we gonna do if there is another Katrina?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

no i will though lucky; thanks!

Silver Member

^^^
    No problem. Let me know what you think. You can find me on the boards all over the place giving my 5 cents! By the way Howard Lyman was a cattle rancher who went vegan or vegetarian, cause' he was sick of what he saw.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i've had a big problem with the pharmacutical companies in this country for a long ass time now, not that im a scientologist or christian scientist, but I do believe they want you sick and would rather treat you than cure you. you know me and my conspiracies and certain docs are in on it too!

That being said, I feel that Michael should get in shape and eat right to help be an example of what these companies don't want you to be!

FAST FOOD NATION PPL; ITS A GREAT BOOK!!!
    Chris Rock said something akin to this in his Bigger and Blacker CD and I remember the truthfullness of that statement stunning me. There is no money in curing people. The money is in people being sick. I'd never even considered that.

When I allow myself to look at these possibilities, and consider a lot of what ills us as a society, I have little hope that there will ever be huge advances in things like energy and medicine. There's just too much money to be made, too many special interests and I for one, believe the conspiracy theories about this type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    ^^^
    No problem. Let me know what you think. You can find me on the boards all over the place giving my 5 cents! By the way Howard Lyman was a cattle rancher who went vegan or vegetarian, cause' he was sick of what he saw.
    yeah that sounds about right, im adding more and more organic but i need to get off the meat as much as i like it in my lasagna and fajitas ; its just not always the safest thing to put in your body

I'll admit that sure America has it flaws, but so do many other countries..It sure does seem as if we are criticized more than any country, maybe it is because people feel that we are all arrogant, and ignornant, I do not know or really care, but I am not a fan of Michael Moore at all, or anyone that is willing to fabricate their story to get a point across. I hate that, I would for once like honesty, and I'm sorry but he doesn't do that, sure there are worst people, but I am so annoyed at the fact that he is such a huge hypocrite! I do like the points he brings up, but why in the hell is he so one-sided?

ok i'm not picking a fight MrsM (u know i luv ya ) but don't we all choose sides in a situation? And when you do that, you're going to be one-sided, thats just the nature of the 2 sided debate. And I dont think ppl like him and Bill Maher for instance hate the US or anything, i think they just hate who's ruined this country and running it currently. Bill Clinton for one thing honestly I'll say this, did not actually "accomplish" much during his term if you look at the facts, but he didn't do anything to hurt us either the way our current administration has.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ok i'm not picking a fight MrsM (u know i luv ya ) but don't we all choose sides in a situation? And when you do that, you're going to be one-sided, thats just the nature of the 2 sided debate. And I dont think ppl like him and Bill Maher for instance hate the US or anything, i think they just hate who's ruined this country and running it currently. Bill Clinton for one thing honestly I'll say this, did not actually "accomplish" much during his term if you look at the facts, but he didn't do anything to hurt us either the way our current administration has.
    Didn't Bill and his team get rid of the deficit that the current band of crooks ran way back into the gazillions again?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm not sure, I'll have to look into that

you messin' w/ my money, you messin' w/ my emotions!

I can see you're very angered by that, me too ...... trillions, trillions of dollars, its just mind blowing isnt it.

He didn't get rid of it, but he set in place a plan that would've elminated it within a decade. In fact, pull up the farewell speech Clinton gave when he was leaving office. It literally contains a list of "what Bush should do to keep this country running well" and it almost seems like Bush intentionally did everything he could to do the opposite of everything in that list.

Online Speech Bank - William Jefferson Clinton - Farewell Address to the Nation (Jan 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    ^^^
    Have you read Mad Cowboy by Howard F. Lyman? That one will also knock your socks off. I think it is now why I gag and get grossed out when I see meat. Fast Food Nation should be in every school. Not just the food, but what blew my mind was the marketing behind it. My friends 1 year old can't speak, but can spot and knows a McDonalds bag. Creepy.
    Thanks for the tip Lucky32!
    I've been veggie most of my life but I haven't actually heard of this guy or his book. Gonna have to go find it now cos it sounds really interesting!

wow you're right noday! thats just sad!!!

God, read that speech.. it's just dripping with hopefulness and positivity for the future...

I havent seen a speech like that in 6 years, its all fear this! fear that! be scared! perilous times!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

What a depressing thing to read I want those six years back!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information