Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore's new film Sicko cheered at Cannes

Hey, Sweetie

I'm a US citizen who doesn't live in the US at the moment and I personally think the US must be one of the very few Western nations that doesn't like to practice self criticism or allow others (other nations) to point out things that aren't right about the US. Seriously, in most other countries that I've eighter visited or lived in are not as defensive as the US in that regard. Frankly, without wanting to insult anybody here, the US behavior reminds me of many Islamic or Middle East states.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

That's sad. I haven't lived in other countries so I can't compare it but that's truely sad if it's the case......scary too!

In Canada, we go after our politicians like crazy.. we even mock them on tv shows (they graciously allow themselves to be interviewed and mocked).. we're constantly bitching about the way our gov does things and how supid they are. We like how we are, but we also have no qualms about looking at our processes and going "well this doesn't work, eh."
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    In Canada, we go after our politicians like crazy.. we even mock them on tv shows (they graciously allow themselves to be interviewed and mocked).. we're constantly bitching about the way our gov does things and how supid they are. We like how we are, but we also have no qualms about looking at our processes and going "well this doesn't work, eh."
    um,

we mock our politicians too. Colbert Report, Daily Show, SNL, MAD TV, Bill Maher, and the list goes on.

I realize, that you just plain out dislike America, or perhaps your just a dreadful person. Either way, you made your comments, and i made mine. I have no intentions of continuing this silly cyber space argument that has no end, and will go on forever, because we just dont get on. Having said that, im done with this. I come here to have fun, and stay away from the poilitcs section for a reason. I never meant for this to turn into an all out war. If it makes you fell better, Canada has abosolutely no skeletons in their closet. Their not racist, prejudice, nothing...it's cheer Utopia. And once you enter the country, you get frequent flier miles to any other country other than the US if you say you'll rag on them at any chance you get. Internet ragging ecpecially.

ALL HAIL CANADA!.........THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH, WITH OF COURSE LESS SINS THAN THE LOW DOWN DIRTY! DIRTY! DIRTY! AMERICA! OOOOHRAH!
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    um,

we mock our politicians too. Colbert Report, Daily Show, SNL, MAD TV, Bill Maher, and the list goes on.
    How many will allow themselves to be cornered in the halls of congress by someone wearing a faux Xena, Warrior Princess costume and hauled off for an impromptu interview on the spot?

Not a whole lot.

I realize, that you just plain out dislike America, or perhaps your just a dreadful person.
    Oh god, here we go. Next I'll be jealous, and next time use proper punctuation.

Either way, you made your comments, and i made mine.
    Yes, and mine made more sense.. but maybe you just hate the english language, or are a dreadful person.

I have no intentions of continuing this silly cyber space argument that has no end, and will go on forever, because we just dont get on.
    That's not true at all: I illuminate in order for issues to be rectified... you simply call anybody who points out wrongdoings "bad" or "mean".

Having said that, im done with this. I come here to have fun, and stay away from the poilitcs section for a reason.
    Come now, the Michael Moore thread wasn't supposed to engender political discussion? He and his films are completely political.

I never meant for this to turn into an all out war. If it makes you fell better, Canada has abosolutely no skeletons in their closet.
    Oh pfft, that's just silly. We've had terrorism, internments, poutine and too-friendly Mounties like every other country.

Their not racist, prejudice, nothing...it's cheer Utopia.
    Yes. Cheer utopia.

And once you enter the country, you get frequent flier miles to any other country other than the US if you say you'll rag on them at any chance you get. Internet ragging ecpecially.
    If that was the case, the entire country of Canada could fly to Mars and back, first class.

ALL HAIL CANADA!.........THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH, WITH OF COURSE LESS SINS THAN THE LOW DOWN DIRTY! DIRTY! DIRTY! AMERICA! OOOOHRAH!
    Less sins, definitely. More clean? Assuredly. Greatest country on earth? Pfft. We don't actually care about silly rankings as long as everything is reasonably pleasant and in working order.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

"I so HATE hearing foreigners say America this, and America that, while they are still on AMERICAN soil...it's like SO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE."

The weakest argument any person could possibly have. Grow up. I am also an American and I heavily criticize the states. It doesn't make me any less patriotic. You should really read up on American foreign policy.

I agree Lucky we have to criticize given the position were in now come on anyone with half a brain can see we have been royally fucked with this administration and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Not that us criticizing does any good wtf this man hasn't been impeached is beyond me
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I for one cant fucking wait to see this!

me either I like his films even if I find him a tad bit annoying he at least as the balls to talk about stuff that no one else will
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

i've had a big problem with the pharmacutical companies in this country for a long ass time now, not that im a scientologist or christian scientist, but I do believe they want you sick and would rather treat you than cure you. you know me and my conspiracies and certain docs are in on it too!

That being said, I feel that Michael should get in shape and eat right to help be an example of what these companies don't want you to be!

FAST FOOD NATION PPL; ITS A GREAT BOOK!!!

^ If you've seen any of the pics from Cannes he's slimmed down a bit. He said that after making this film he felt he really should try to be healthier. It's not the first time he's done it, there was a point a few years ago where he stopped eating fast food and lost around 50ish pounds, but I'm pretty sure he gained it back.

AP Blog: Less is Moore in Cannes - Yahoo! News

oh wow! thats great to hear, now they can't pick on him for something so trivial as his weight and his critics will be forced to face the facts he presents w/o that distraction AND he'll be around a lot longer to do even more movies like this! - I really have a lot of respect for the man actually! I loved when he said, "Shame on you Mr. Bush, Shame on you!" at the Academy Awards several years ago and everyone went apeshit

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    How many will allow themselves to be cornered in the halls of congress by someone wearing a faux Xena, Warrior Princess costume and hauled off for an impromptu interview on the spot?

Not a whole lot.

Oh god, here we go. Next I'll be jealous, and next time use proper punctuation.

Yes, and mine made more sense.. but maybe you just hate the english language, or are a dreadful person.

That's not true at all: I illuminate in order for issues to be rectified... you simply call anybody who points out wrongdoings "bad" or "mean".

Come now, the Michael Moore thread wasn't supposed to engender political discussion? He and his films are completely political.

Oh pfft, that's just silly. We've had terrorism, internments, poutine and too-friendly Mounties like every other country.

Yes. Cheer utopia.

If that was the case, the entire country of Canada could fly to Mars and back, first class.

Less sins, definitely. More clean? Assuredly. Greatest country on earth? Pfft. We don't actually care about silly rankings as long as everything is reasonably pleasant and in working order.

you have spunk...i like you. you should be a politicain...no pun intended...seriously.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Silver Member

I looooooooooooved Fast Food Nation. It turned me off to fast food, with the exception of In N' Out, and no meat unless it is organic. Everyone should read that and then realize what a joke the FDA is.

I totally agree with pharmaceutical companies and this administration are only here to treat people and not cure. I have no insurance, haven't been to the doctor in God knows how long, on no medication and healthy as a horse. Knock on wood. Not saying you should forgo the doc, but my friends who go for every ache and pain are on several medications. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Loving your country is questioning it at all times. It makes you a great and informed citizen.

Grimm does rock. Thank you for defending us in you own way. Eh!

^ thank you Lucky32, totally! The FDA is a freakin' joke, and that book turned me off a bunch of shit too and I lost like 15lbs. b/c of it too I'd say, b/c it just scared me so much off so many foods.
    Like the amount to which it scared me far outweighed any cravings I had for that slop I used to eat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information