Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Mermaids: Animal Planet Wants Us To Think They Exist With This "Documentary"

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I saw this piece of crap (only a part while I was channel surfing) and I laughed my ass off thinking it was a silly parody of some sort--I mean, the "experts" seemed like horrible reality actors. Then to my dismay I began to think they were serious about this shit.
    thats how i came upon it too! i was thinking, is this an infomercial? and they kept reshowing the 'mermaid' or whatever the fuck it was. All it did was make me laugh (and change the channel)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

omg piggy and the oldest girl watched and bought it hook, line, and sinker! I spent all day showing him shit on the interweb that it was NOT REAL and he still isn't buying it lol
    Chilly Willy likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Deleted post...did not see it was posted already.
    Last edited by MentalNotes; May 31st, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    fuck discovery and national geographic and animal planet and any other documentary/science channel that used to actually be educational and has now devolved into retarded bullshit pseudo-science and esoteric nonsense.
    I agree. I lost all respect for those channels with their lame shows. The Lost Tapes, Finding Bigfoot and many more.
    BITTER and shedevilang like this.

^^or the umpteenth Titanic show...always something "undiscovered" on that old tub.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    ^^or the umpteenth Titanic show...always something "undiscovered" on that old tub.
    The sinking of the Titanic was actually a false-flag operation to instill in people an unnatural fear of icebergs (thereby encouraging global warming), while ACTUALLY providing a hotel-like concentration camp for mermaids the US government had rounded up. If you don't believe what I'm saying, I'm sure that there is a good writeup on it on Prison Planet.com.
    BITTER, Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The sinking of the Titanic was actually a false-flag operation to instill in people an unnatural fear of icebergs (thereby encouraging global warming), while ACTUALLY providing a hotel-like concentration camp for mermaids the US government had rounded up. If you don't believe what I'm saying, I'm sure that there is a good writeup on it on Prison Planet.com.
    Didn't they do a special about this on Spike TV ??
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I agree. I lost all respect for those channels with their lame shows. The Lost Tapes, Finding Bigfoot and many more.
    I agree, except: I like the building techniques part of Ancient Aliens; all the rest of it is way out there.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

The History Channel is basically all sex now. History of Sex, How Sex Changed the World, blah blah blah. My mom met one of the execs of History Channel and he said they're trying to appeal to the younger crowd, which I guess means change everything to take out all the educational aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    The History Channel is basically all sex now. History of Sex, How Sex Changed the World, blah blah blah. My mom met one of the execs of History Channel and he said they're trying to appeal to the younger crowd, which I guess means change everything to take out all the educational aspects.
    Remember how classy Bravo and A&E were at one time? Now they are mostly reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Remember how classy Bravo and A&E were at one time? Now they are mostly reality TV.
    I know. I used to ADORE A&E. Now, I haven't watched it except maybe for Criminal Minds re-runs on a Sunday afternoon or something.
    BITTER likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

To be serious for a minute and talk about how unscientific this theory is: I think the theory of evolution states that the first land animals were very small and had evolved from some type of aquatic creature. Then, over time, you have small mammals evolving to small primates, then larger primates, and then humans. Mermaid theory doesn't fit in with ANY of this. For it to work, somehow sea creatures would have to be co-evolving primate-like features at the same time primates were developing on land. OR at some point in the evolution of primates, a particular species -- let's call it "Tomhankapithecus" decided that they were unhappy with living on land and decided to spend all their time in the water, and hopefully grow gills while Eugene Levy distracts national guard troops from firing at him.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Tomhankapithecus!

You are right Mohandas... the mermaid theory is evolutionarily backwards.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Piggy watches all this shit and buys it! The fucking 9 year old will come in and say DAD BIGFOOT IS NOT REAL!
    Chilly Willy likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Oh lord, ang, do something with him.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information