Page 98 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Cute Interview with Kiernan Shipka:

All articles from Mad Men blog
    Q&A - Kiernan Shipka (Sally Draper)

In this interview, Kiernan Shipka (Sally Draper on AMC's Mad Men) talks about growing up on the set and her character's most shocking moment.
    Q: You're 13 now! Did you celebrate your birthday on set?
    A: I didn't have my birthday on set because we weren't filming at the time. But, usually they do and it's always fun. They got me a cake -- that was nice.
    Q: Now that you're officially a teenager, are you allowed to watch the full episodes?
    A: When I started out, I wasn't allowed to watch episodes of the show... Now, I read the scripts and I go to the table reads and I read the storylines, but I still don't sit down and watch every episode.
    Q: Do you ever go back and watch the early episodes where you're a little kid? What's that like?
    A: It's actually really fun for me to look back at old episodes. I look so teeny, and it's really weird but it's cool.
    Q: Do you think being on Mad Men has made you grow up faster?
    A: No, I think it's my personality is just more of a mature personality. I think that's my persona, but I don't think that has anything to do with the show. I definitely act mature on set, but I don't think it's altered me or the way I talk to people... I just, you know, do my thing.
    Q: Trouble seems to find Sally... What's the most shocking thing Sally has done over the seasons?
    A: All of Sally's moments combine to make her such a special character, and I think a lot of things were shocking to the audience. In "The Beautiful Girls," when she was running down the hallway, it was a great scene in many aspects... That was a definitely a big episode.
    Q: That's the one where Sally runs from Don's office down the hall and into Megan's arms?
    A: Yes. That was the kind of an angry side of Sally that we didn't really see a lot before that.
    Q: Do you prefer playing angry Sally or sweet Sally?
    A: Drama is always much more fun. The bigger and more emotional and more challenging, the better for me as an actor. It's just definitely harder, but that's what makes it more fun and interesting. I mean, as a viewer, I would probably want Sally to get better and kind of live through her troubled childhood, but as an actor, I kind of want everything to be dramatic.
    VIDEO: Inside Episode 610, "A Tale of Two Cities"
    Q: How do emotional scenes affect you off set?
    A: Whenever I'm doing a scene, I just have to make sure I get into the character enough and really perform it to my fullest, whether it's one line or a major scene... I think every scene counts.
    Q: You're very into fashion in your real life. Do you ever talk about style with any of your co-stars?
    A: January Jones and I talk a lot about fashion... We have a lot of fun talking about that kind of stuff together, like what we're going to wear to certain things and events. I would definitely say that January is my fashion buddy on set.
    Q: What's your personal style?
    A: My personal style is sort of mod, like high boots and shift dresses. I love patterned tights. My style is always changing too. Like one month it'll be one thing and the next month it'll be something else.
    Q: Do you sew any of your clothes yourself?
    A: I don't really know how to sew... I had a sewing machine downstairs and I sort of tried, but it didn't quite work out. But I'll probably come back to it at some point. It's an art. I'm very impressed by people who are good at.
    Q: You got to keep a pair of Sally's go-go boots. Do you ever wear them out?
    A: I wear them out occasionally, but they're pretty intense, so I have to wear them with things that are really simple. When I'm maybe going out to a fun dinner or a party. It was definitely a big score.

Q&A - Kiernan Shipka (Sally Draper) - Mad Men - AMC
    Rusalka and Trixie like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

She's delightful. I've seen several interviews with her. I searched the thread to make sure this wasn't posted a couple of years ago:

She seems like a lovely young lady (barf, I sound like my Nana)!! I hope she keeps her head on straight.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    if i didn't love this show so much, i'd probably stop watching this season. I'm sick of characters all going to the wayside, to make up for having fucking Megan in almost every scene.
    where is Betty? Joan, Harry or Ken.
    Bring back Sal, and unkill Lane.

Last nights show was just meh.
    THIS.

Ken in particular is fascinating to me. I don't know why. I think it's because we know he has a secret life as a writer which I would like to hear more about thank you very much. Plus he's so self-aware.

Sally is going to be so much more mentally and emotionally screwed. Don is such a douchebag, although he could come to my house and "comfort" me any time he wanted....

I am not sure if Bob Benson is really gay. I think he is just trying to worm his way up the ladder, which is why he was kissing up to Joan. Pete never talks about his wife or family and maybe Bob assumed he was gay so he played along in hope of earning some brownie points. Although it is hard to explain away the tiny shorts he was wearing at Joan's place. LOL!

I need more witty lines from Roger, less Ted, more Ken and Stan and more Betty. I totally want Peggy and Stan to get together.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Sally is going to be so much more mentally and emotionally screwed. Don is such a douchebag, although he could come to my house and "comfort" me any time he wanted....

I am not sure if Bob Benson is really gay. I think he is just trying to worm his way up the ladder, which is why he was kissing up to Joan. Pete never talks about his wife or family and maybe Bob assumed he was gay so he played along in hope of earning some brownie points. Although it is hard to explain away the tiny shorts he was wearing at Joan's place. LOL!

I need more witty lines from Roger, less Ted, more Ken and Stan and more Betty. I totally want Peggy and Stan to get together.
    I'm sure Bob was trying to say without blurting it out that a sexual relationship between Pete's mother and the nurse was impossible because Manolo is gay. As for hitting on Pete, I still say Bob is a corporate spy and could be looking for ways to compromise Pete. He's already responsible for placing someone with the crazy mother who might hand over all kinds of ammunition without meaning to.
    Bluebonnet and InigoMontoya like this.

30 Reasons Why You Love To Hate Pete Campbell

Come on, admit it, sometimes you secretly root for this guy. Even if you hate that you are. posted on April 5, 2013 at 7:16pm EDT

1. So, here’s the deal: We all know that Pete’s a jerk, in general, but he’s also a jerk you love to hate.

View this image ›

Source: coldmountainway.tumblr.com

2. Because sometimes Pete gives one of these weasely looks and it makes you want to slap him silly.

View this image ›

Source: madmen-caps.tumblr.com

3. But other times he looks so sad for disappointing Don that it breaks your heart a little.

View this image ›

Source: classicvava.tumblr.com

4. Awww, sad Pete! Stop being so sad, sad Pete!

View this image ›

Source: andwhenithappens.tumblr.com

5. Then he’s back to being a total jerk.

View this image ›

Source: madison-avenue1964.tumblr.com

6. An uppity jerk, to be exact.

View this image ›

Source: the-cat-of-the-canals.tumblr.com

7. Until he shoots out one of these fabulous judgmental faces and we secretly love him again.

View this image ›

Who hasn’t wanted to make that face at someone they hate?
    Source: moobop.tumblr.com

8. Yes, he makes sexist statements on the regular.

View this image ›

Source: madaboutmadmen.tumblr.com

9. And often complains to a point where you just want to violently shake him.

View this image ›

Shaken Pete Syndrome (SPS).
    Source: professorzombie.tumblr.com

10. And who can forget the way he treated Peggy when they were sleeping together…Terrible.

View this image ›

To be fair though, Kanye, Pete didn’t know about that baby!
    Source: iheartmike.tumblr.com

11. But he makes up for it by accidentally running into beams and making us LOL.

View this image ›

Source: Tumblr.com

12. Getting punched in the face by Lane.

View this image ›

Source: filtermagazine.tumblr.com

13. And wearing outfits that make him look like an Easter egg on a golf course.

View this image ›

It doesn’t make sense, but it does if you think about it long enough!
    Source: petecampbell.tumblr.com

14. Plus, sometimes it seems like Pete and Trudy are happy together, and that’s uplifting.

View this image ›

15. There was even that emotional moment when he found out about his daughter, and it was like he was an actual human being.

View this image ›

Source: the-cat-of-the-canals.tumblr.com

16. Of course, those happy feelings were squashed when Pete went back to being a total man child with a comb-over.

View this image ›

Source: knee-uh.tumblr.com

17. And whenever we remember that he cheated on Trudy with this crazy lady.

View this image ›

Who he’s now engaged to in real life…
    Source: hulyen.com

18. But look at how cute these two are when they dance at parties!

View this image ›

Dance sad Pete, dance!
    Source: wittypetecampbell.tumblr.com

19. Not just cute, but dashing. Handsome. Regal.

View this image ›

Source: babyjohn77.tumblr.com

20. And it makes you forget what a dick in a box Pete really is, just for a moment…

View this image ›

Source: petecampbell.tumblr.com

21. He has amazing lines, like this.

View this image ›

Source: diningwiththeasquiths.tumblr.com

22. And makes selfish decisions that help us feel better about our lives.

View this image ›

Source: cturpen.tumblr.com

23. He also has booty shorts that don’t leave much to the imagination.

View this image ›

Source: nishizono.tumblr.com

24. And sometimes his bitchfaces are so epic that it actually makes us envious.

View this image ›

25. But no! We can’t like Pete Campbell! We mustn’t! Because he’s a really bad man!

View this image ›

Source: bettydraperlookingpissed.tumblr.com

26. And he strings women along as if they’re disposable!

View this image ›

Source: likearecordskipping.tumblr.com

27. And it looks like he’s headed in the direction of borderline alcoholic!

View this image ›

Source: petecampbellsbitchface.tumblr.com

28. So, yes, Pete Campbell, we hate you.

View this image ›

29. Even though we secretly still love you…

View this image ›

30. Oh, hell, we can’t stay mad at you for long! What do you say, Pete, forgive us…?

View this image ›

Some things never change, thankfully.
    Source: raelyntobin.tumblr.com

Raise your glass of scotch if you love to hate Pete Campbell!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/3...-pete-campbell
    olivia, thordis, JazzyGirl and 1 others like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I'm endeared to Pete, but he makes me want to slug him. now Vince Kartheiser does a great job in his portrayal of Pete.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I like him one minute, and hate him the next. I am really hating his side burns and receding hairline.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I'm endeared to Pete, but he makes me want to slug him. now Vince Kartheiser does a great job in his portrayal of Pete.
    To me, Vincent is Pete. Kinda like how Tom Hanks is Forrest Gump, not Forrest Gump being portrayed by Tom Hanks. They are one in the same.
    msdeb likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Poor Ken. I gasped when he got shot.

Roger had the best line of the night. Don't totally remember it, but I almost fell off the couch! "Lee Adams made me hold his balls!" Classic.

Don actually did the right thing. Ted and Peggy were making fools of themselves. Everyone could see it.

So Bob Benson is a fraud and Manolo is his lover...I'm assuming.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    In Bob's defense, I think the tiny shorts were actually swim trunks, '60s style. He and Joan were going to the beach.

James Bond wore them too:

Bluebonnet and I'mNotBitter like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm sorry but last night's episode was rather boring. The only significant thing was us finding out Bob Benson wasn't who he said he was. Big shock there.

Don's drinking is way out of control. I did notice how the first scene with him showed him in a fetal position and then the last scene showed him in a fetal position.

I didn't like those mean girls at that boarding school Sally wants to attend. They are going to get her in all kinds of trouble.

Love the song during the ending credits:

I know, I couldn't believe they played a Monkees song, how cool! lol
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I know, I couldn't believe they played a Monkees song, how cool! lol
    It's from their trippy movie Head. That movie came out in 1968. Awesome soundtrack!

Thread Information