Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, I think he has a thing for women who wear do-rags. Associates maternal feelings and punishment with sex too. Basically all fucked up in that department. Remember after he and Betty split up and he was living in the apartment, and had the whore slap him around in bed?
    Yep. Sure do. How could he not be screwed up in the intimacy department?!

I wish before this show ends, they would do a "fast forward" to present day and show what the characters are up to in 2013. Don would be in his late 80's. We could see how much therapy Sally needed between her absentee father and bitchy mother, and so on.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

i just want to punch Matt Weiner in the throat. Last nights epi was horrible. Just awful. I fast forwarded through a bunch of it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I doubt Don would make it to his 80's; all that smoking and drinking would do him in much sooner. He'd go through a few more marriages and lose his looks at some point. His relationship with his kids would get even more distant as they get older and figure his ass out (it's already happening with Sally.) Henry would become the father figure and positive male influence in their lives (a good thing!) Betty becomes much less bitchy with Henry's influence as well. Don dies alone in some hospital, lung or liver cancer. Sad to say, he reminds me a lot of my father.
    Neptunia and Bluebonnet like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^ That's really perfect, I don't need to know what will happen in the future with Don because sadly, you gave a perfect description right there. He may have changed his name from Dick to Don but he'll leave the world just as sad and alone as he started. It's tragic but one of his own making now.

I'd love to see a spin-off of this show with just Sally Draper, in a sort of "That Girl" style tv show in the swingin' 60's!

Kiernan Shipka is just a fantastic, young actress and has given Sally such a calm, almost analytical style to her. It's fun just watching her trying to figure out what's going on with her parents. I'd love to see a show starring Sally with occasional guest appearances by Betty!
    Bluebonnet, olivia and Sunrider like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post

I'd love to see a spin-off of this show with just Sally Draper, in a sort of "That Girl" style tv show in the swingin' 60's!

Kiernan Shipka is just a fantastic, young actress and has given Sally such a calm, almost analytical style to her. It's fun just watching her trying to figure out what's going on with her parents. I'd love to see a show starring Sally with occasional guest appearances by Betty!
    So much win! I'd watch that. If you could sneak in some Peggy and Joan occasionally, that could be fun.
    Neptunia and Sunrider like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

A*O

I think Don will die much sooner than old age. That falling man motif keeps popping up (empty lift shaft, opening credits, etc) but whether he jumps, is pushed or falls in a random (drunken?) accident is an interesting thought. Of course the falling thing might just be a metaphor for his whole life.

All these shows seem to lose momentum and direction and quality when arrogant/greedy writers try one series too many. This shark is well and truly jumped.
    Last edited by A*O; May 20th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Loved that Don and Betty hooked up! I think he had some different expectations on how their affair would end up.

Finally Peggy is over with Abe. Blech. And she was definately disappointed that her new boss (why I can't I remember his name?) didn't throw himself at her.

Not sure how I feel with Joan and Bob Benson.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Bob Benson is weird, I think he is a spy or something. I don't have a good feeling about him.

Loved the Roger and Joan exchanges, definitely need more of that.

I skipped all of Megan's scenes, she's just too boring.

The scene with Betty, Don and Bobby was sooo cute.
    InigoMontoya likes this.

I don't know if Bob's a spy, but there's definitely something off about him. It almost seems to be a running joke the way he manages to ingratiate himself with everyone. Remember the food tray for Roger's mom's funeral? He said something about his dad's funeral...now suddenly he's referring a nurse to Pete, saying the nurse brought his father back to full health? Hmmm. I think maybe he's just the consummate yes man. So far, his tactics have managed to save his job.

Great to see that Betty got her groove back, finally. I was so sick of the Fat Betty storyline. I liked how she was with Don, but it was on HER terms, and her way of taking back her power. At least I hope that's how they play it, as just a one-time thing, her way of getting closure.
    Neptunia and Bluebonnet like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I love that there are so many Bob's and Bobby's on this show, just like my family! My grandfather, father, brother and cousin are all various forms of Robert, so it rings true that there would be a Bobby #5 like they had at Bobby's camp.

Don and Betty, that made the whole season for me, I love those two crazy people together! I love that Betty was the one to end her marriage to Don and the one to walk away yesterday, because you know Don wanted more. Betty was smart, she may love Don more than Henry but she knows that Henry loves her, is a good guy and won't betray her like Don did and would again. She controlled the whole situation perfectly, love Betty!

No more Abe! Yay! Can someone stab Megan too so she can leave?

I want both personal and professional happiness for Peggy and Joan, someday anyway, they deserve it.
    The end scene with Ted and Don both going into their offices and Peggy being ignored, after having been dismissed by Ted, made me feel bad for her. She's so much better when she's concentrating on her job and not romance, she seems to lose her way there. I like how Joan seems to have a more practical understanding in that way, she knows she and Kevin can't count on Roger so she shut that down right away.

I'm interested to see what Bob Benson has in store for the office and Joan, there's something sketchy about him, as long as he doesn't hurt Joan and we know she's not gullible so I don't think that will happen, then I'm curious to see where that character is going.

Such a good episode this week, made up for last week's drug haze show. Does anyone know how many more episodes are left this season?
    Bluebonnet and I'mNotBitter like this.

I was thrilled that Don And Betty hooked up, but it was sad the next day when he saw her with that old haggard Henry. Don in his black polo shirt and khakis was beyond hot.... I hope that after going home to Meghan and listening to her open up about their relationship he can find some inner peace, but that is unlikely. Every relationship he is in is fucked up, so I think he should just go back to Betty and be done with it.

I think the new skinny Betty wanted to flaunt her stuff and wanted to see if Don still found her attractive. ( I laughed out loud when she told the guy at the party, "can you beleive I've had three children?") This was the first episode in a lonnnnnng time where I didn't hate Betty. She actually seemed to have a heart,of sorts. Deep down she feels bad for Don and still loves him.

That Bob guy and his tiny shorts....um ,okay. I don't trust him at all. I have a feeling Roger is going to dig up sime dirt on him somehow, in an attempt to win Joan back.

Glad Abe is out of the picture for Peggy, but she is still stuck n Limbo both personally and professionally. Ted is a chump. She needs to get together with the crazy bearded ad guy, whose name eludes me at the moment.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I am so glad that Peggy stabbed Abe. I can't stand him. I was THRILLED that Betty and Don hooked up. I wish they'd write an assassination into the script to get rid of Henry.

and Bob the suckup. He's up to no good. I agree with Angelais that Roger should dig up some dirt on him.

Last nights episode was much better.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

Sigh.....God I love Roger. X100000 hotter and sexier than Don and I bet he's better in bed too. Plus he has a sense of style AND a sense of humour so he beats boring Don hands down. Have you noticed how Don has NO sense of humour? I dont care how big his dick is, he doesnt make me laugh. Yes, I love Roger xxxxx
    Last edited by A*O; May 28th, 2013 at 06:29 AM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I am so glad that Peggy stabbed Abe. I can't stand him.
    Last nights episode was much better.
    WHAT?! I fell asleep and only saw the part where they were in the ambulance and she is asking him, "Are you breaking up with me?"

GREAT episode, btw.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Couldn't have been that great if you fell asleep. I thought it was much more entertaining. I loved seeing Don and Betty together. I still say that because of his upbringing Don only views women as whores. Women are either the actual prostitutes or there to serve or support the prostitutes. This whole season has been a big old slap to his face that all the women around him are healthier, happier and becoming more stable and successful than he is and they don't need him.
    Lobelia likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information