Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Dumping him is what Don was aiming for. He heard the argument between Sylvia and her husband when the elevator stopped on their floor. Don was afraid Sylvia would try to make their relationship 'official'. His trickery was mirrored in what he did to Ted.
    My thoughts exactly.

A*O

One of the characters described Don as a "cold fish" which is spot on. I don't think he's had a true emotional connection with anyone except perhaps his alter ego's wife in California. Sorry, Im useless with names. Megan is becoming increasingly needy, clingy and insecure as well she might.

"When a man marries his mistress he creates a vacancy" J. Goldsmith
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

They've succeeded this season in making me loathe Don Draper. Those scenes with what's-her-name, telling her to stay in bed, take off the dress, I'm taking the book, ugh. I hated him for sinking so low as to need that kind of bullshit to feed his ego and I hated her for going along with it as long as she did. They've taken away everything that made Don awesome and transformed him into a lowlife who is already past his glory days.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    They've succeeded this season in making me loathe Don Draper. Those scenes with what's-her-name, telling her to stay in bed, take off the dress, I'm taking the book, ugh. I hated him for sinking so low as to need that kind of bullshit to feed his ego and I hated her for going along with it as long as she did. They've taken away everything that made Don awesome and transformed him into a lowlife who is already past his glory days.
    Well, it's just funny Don that didn't pull that shit with Sylvia until he knew she might be headed for divorce court. Don is astute enough to know Sylvia isn't the type to be into that kind of sex play, and she went along with it as far as she could but he kept pushing it further until she did reach her breaking point and walk.

Bob the suckup makes me laugh. He's everywhere and i love it. But as a love interest for Joan? no. Please let it be Roger.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The best line of the night was from Pete:
    "My mother can go to hell and Ted Chaough can fly her there."

Don is confusing the hell out of me. yes, I agree that he wanted it to end with Sylvia. She was getting too close and even a little clingy. Speaking of clingy, I don't see the marriage with Megan lasting much longer either.

That new guy that likes Joan is sweet, but c'mon, who doesn't want to see her with Roger?

All in all this was the best episode so far this season. I do want more fat Betty and Henry drama and I need more witty one liners from Roger. *sigh*
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Half way through this episode and I'm not at all entertained, just very uncomfortable. What the hell is this?
    Neptunia likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Half way through this episode and I'm not at all entertained, just very uncomfortable. What the hell is this?
    If it were April 1st, I'd think this was an April Fool's episode, it's crazy! I'm worried for Sally!! Are we all on drugs?!

what.the.fuck.?

"I'm your grandma Ida."

"Are we negroes?"

eta I'm watching it again...the old Betty is back?
    Neptunia likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    My thoughts exactly , the whole imposter grandmother was really odd and made me really uncomfortable to watch
    I got so fed up with the episode I turned the channel and started watching North America on Discovery channel

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    what.the.fuck.?

"I'm your grandma Ida."

"Are we negroes?"

eta I'm watching it again...the old Betty is back?

That episode was but it was worth it just for that gif and the return of Skinny Betty!

A*O

OK, that's it, I'm done here. Another great show totally ruined by the creator/writer's self indulgence and ego. He can't get away with this shit any more.
    choozen1ne likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    what.the.fuck.?

I seriously thought this was Don hallucinating from the speed. Yeah, the robber imposter grandmother creeped me out too, but I found Stalker Don to be even more creepy! Smoking outside Sylvia's backdoor? Leaning with his ear against the door. The flashbacks to the whore house were interesting. No wonder he's obsessed with Sylvia...she must remind him of the 'ho that took his virginity.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I didn't get this episode, I don't understand what happened. Best part was Stan and Peggy and Kenny dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I seriously thought this was Don hallucinating from the speed. Yeah, the robber imposter grandmother creeped me out too, but I found Stalker Don to be even more creepy! Smoking outside Sylvia's backdoor? Leaning with his ear against the door. The flashbacks to the whore house were interesting. No wonder he's obsessed with Sylvia...she must remind him of the 'ho that took his virginity.
    Yeah, I think he has a thing for women who wear do-rags. Associates maternal feelings and punishment with sex too. Basically all fucked up in that department. Remember after he and Betty split up and he was living in the apartment, and had the whore slap him around in bed?
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information