Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Yes, it was Linda Cardellini, she also played Lindsey on Freaks & Geeks.

They really didn't explain who the young girl was...a friend of Sally's who just lost her mother? I was wondering if maybe she was the daughter of the woman Betty saw in the cancer doctor's office last season, and then they went to have tea? Just a guess.

I don't know if Don is threatened by Megan's fame--what was his excuse for cheating on Betty? I think he's just a dog. Nothing to do with who he's married to. But I guess there's no question now about what happened in that bar scene that closed last season.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, no way was Don going to remain faithful and it's definitely not about who he's married to. Like most men, he needs the ego boost and validation.

Sandy was just a school friend of Sally's as far as I could tell. I didn't understand Betty's repeated references to how 'soothing' her violin playing was either,--which is weird since I found it grating--- so count me as totally confused by the whole thing with Sandy.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

It seems that Sandy is just the vehicle to explore Betty's choices and life.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I think Don is Don and he's realized that he and Megan aren't a good fit.

The whole episode was a bit strange to me. The rape conversation thing was awfully strange.

Anyone else notice that Don didn't speak in the first 10-15 minutes? I thought it was a dream sequence.

And the flash back/forward with the door man having a heart attack...what purpose did that serve other than to confuse us into saying "what purpose did that serve?" LOL!

Rapey talk with Betty and Henry UGH - so uncomfortable and awkward. And again - what's up with the Sandy girl? What purpose did that serve??? And was Joan in the episode? I was interrupted a number of times.

Dons a man whore. I think the scenes with Peggy were the best. But damn she's cracking the whip huh?

These two episodes were so vibrant and visual, Christmas decorations, crazy 60's fashions, bright 60's decor, Hawaii, the snowfall on New Years, it was so interesting to watch, almost more so than the actual show, which I found a bit dull myself. It's almost like the show was too stylized as opposed to being character driven but it's just the first couple episodes so I'm sure it will get better.

I haven't really liked the show as much since Don and Betty split, I don't know why but I loved their sad, dysfunctional marriage. The best episode for me was the one where Don told Betty everything about his Dick Whitman past and then they went trick or treating with the kids, it was revelatory and emotional, just an amazing episode. The show just hasn't had the impact for me since then, of course that could be because I really hate Megan, so that might be some of the reason I'm not as enamored with the show as I was before!
    Callalily likes this.

A*O

Is January Jones having medical issues in real life? Her face is so bloated and puffy I almost didnt recognise her. These eps had that bizarre, dreamlike vibe which is very distracting. Dom seemed utterly detached, physically and emotionally, from what was happening around him. Im wondering if the writers are trying to make it all like one of the make believe adverts the characters spend their days creating?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I thought it was just becoming obvious that he's developing a major drinking problem that will ultimately cost him everything, so it was really his bozze-addled brain that we were seeing everything through.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Is January Jones having medical issues in real life? Her face is so bloated and puffy I almost didnt recognise her.
    The weight isn't real--she looks thin as ever in recent pics. It's padding and CGI or whatever on her face. I noticed how thin her legs were in comparison to her body. She may have had some pregnancy weight last season but I don't ever remember her face looking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I thought it was just becoming obvious that he's developing a major drinking problem that will ultimately cost him everything, so it was really his bozze-addled brain that we were seeing everything through.
    Yeah, the puking at the funeral scene was a major clue that he's losing control. Granted he was off the rails drinking after his separation from Betty but that was more expected.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    You think that's why everything was so visual on the first couple of episodes, very bright and vibrant? I hadn't thought of that, seeing it through Don's drunken eyes, great idea!

Who watched? Let's dish!

I watched. I thought the whole thing that Trudy already condoned the cheating as long as it wasn't in her face, was interesting. Was rampant cheating really that prevelant back then?

I thought the flashback of his mother in a brothel was interesting. Maybe it's a correlation to the cheating?

Peggy misses SCDP. She secretly wishes she was back there.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I don't think cheating was anymore rampant, per se in the 60's ...it's just more wives looked the other way so more men were inclined to cheat. I wish she'd divorce his sorry ass. I can't stand him.

Peggy's boss is a sneaky backstabber. Don't trust him. I expect her to go running back to Don and SCDP this season. And what was that feminine wash those guys put on her desk?! LOL!

Megan seemed genuinely upset about her miscarriage.

Not alot of Roger this episode, either.

Oh God I love this show! I don't find it as engrossing as other things I watch but I'm so glad it's back. The writing is so perfect and the acting too (um well January Jones has her moments).

They were debating on the blogs whether or not Megan really had a miscarriage or if she had actually had an abortion and felt too guilty to tell anyone the truth.

I'm not sure because she's not supposed to that ​good of an actress.

A*O

My instant reaction was she had an abortion and she didnt seem all that upset about it either way. I find it very hard to engage with any of these characters. Except Roger; I'd fully engage with him any time.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information