Page 85 of 117 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Hit By Ban Bus!

A premiere date!

Jon Hamm and Jessica Pare shoot an episode of the hit show "Mad Men" in their roles as Don Draper and his wife Megan Draper on the beach in Hawaii.

Everything There Is to Know About the New Season of Mad Men

AMC announced today that Mad Men will return April 7. That's pretty soon! So soon, in fact, that information — vague, cryptic information — is starting to trickle out about what we can expect from the upcoming, penultimate season. Here are the answers to all your burning questions.

What will the premiere be like? It's a two-hour premiere, though we still don't know the title. "It has some cliffhanger elements to it, it does propel you into the rest of the season — it does foreshadow a lot what the season is about," Weiner tells the Times. "I want to write a movie here, that we can create the atmosphere and vibe of the season."

Are there special rituals Matthew Weiner suggests I undergo in preparation for this sacred event? Other than lighting all your Joan candles on your lady shrine, Weiner does have one suggestions. "I would love for people to just watch the last 10 minutes of Season 5 right before Season 6 starts," he tells the Daily Beast. "I think you’ll have a really incredible experience as we get there."

Speaking of my lady shrines, did my altar to Peggy Olson work? Is she really back — really-really? Indeed all those wishes we sent out into the universe did work. "I never said to anyone that Elisabeth was leaving the show. I just said that the character was moving on and you’ll have to watch," he said to the Daily Beast. "If people were angry, God bless them, I’m glad that their emotions are wrapped up in the show. It’s a kind of interest that you can’t pay for."

Is Pete going to kill himself this season? Last season was hard enough. "I know the character of Pete very well and I don’t see Peter Campbell as someone who would ever commit suicide," Weiner confirms to the Daily Beast. "He is very judgmental about mental illness." Weiner says he was "shocked" people thought that was even a possibility. (But … it was so present!)

Matt Weiner, are you okay? "Emotionally, I am extremely aware that the end is coming," he tells Salon. "And there’s been a benefit from that. It has bolstered my fatigue, it’s encouraged me to not repeat myself." Oh, okay. And he says this season, like in previous seasons, he's not saving anything — all the stories are going right into the show, he tells the Times. "When you're on a show where drama is somebody watching a phone ring, you really shouldn’t take out any story ideas you have."

Burning Questions About Mad Men
    SuriCruise likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah baby! So groovy..

SuriCruise likes this.

Omg omg omg finally a date

where is lynnie
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Who Is Don Holding Hands With in Mad Men’s Official Season-Six Poster?

Last night, we wrote about the 75-year-old veteran ad illustrator who was tapped to draw the official Mad Men season-six poster. This is that poster. A few questions: Who is Don holding hands with? (Probably Megan, right? It looks like a Megan sleeve. But where is Megan's face?) What's with the cops? And is Don walking by his own doppelgδnger, and if so, does that mean he's going to die this season? Is this poster saying, "Stop, Don, you're on a one-way plane ride to death?" Who knows? Regardless, it's a pretty poster. (The show returns April 7.)

I'mNotBitter likes this.

good grief i cannot WAIT for the new season!!!!!!!!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I love the poster. Wow.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Don has stepped into an episode of The Twilight Zone?

Very cool poster.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I love that poster! Btw, he is holding hands with moi, you jealous bitches.
    Is he looking over his shoulder at himself?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

11 Reasons To Love Megan Draper On "Mad Men"

Why all the hatred for Don's charming French Canadian wife? Short version: You're just jealous. posted on March 14, 2013 at 3:15pm EDT

1. She's more than just a pretty face.

View this image ›

Being married to Don Draper is the easiest job in the world — well, provided you can deal with all the infidelity. Megan could sit back and enjoy the luxuries of getting to sleep with Jon Hamm, but instead she pushes herself to keep working. And when she realizes that she's being treated unfairly as the boss's wife, she returns to her first love, acting.
    Image by Michael Yarish/AMC

2. She's good with the kids.

View this image ›

While Sally, Bobby, and Gene's mother is busy giving them complexes that will last well into adulthood, Megan is proving herself to be a pretty awesome stepmother. She's not perfect, but she's trying. This is her first time being maternal, and while she's rather young and inexperienced, she seems committed to being a positive force in these kids' lives.

3. She's fun.

View this image ›

Don may have been embarrassed when Megan serenaded him at his birthday party, but that's totally on him. She was delightful. More to the point, she brought joy and light into otherwise drab proceedings. Just as Megan has been a breath of fresh air in Don's life, she's brought something special to Mad Men as a whole. The '60s were occasionally fun, right?
    Image by Ron Jaffe/AMC

4. She has a great sense of style.

View this image ›

Megan's fun personality also translates into her attire, which has brought Mad Men into the swinging '60s more than anything else. (Well, that and Don listening to a trippy Beatles song.) Betty's conservative clothes were always lovely, but there's a real joy in seeing Don walk arm-in-arm with a groovy floral print. And those earrings! Live out loud, Megan.

5. She upstages all the other wives.

View this image ›

Oh, sure, they're nice. But that's just it: they're nice and not much else. Megan is a fully realized character, and that's never more apparent than when she's standing next to someone as bland as Cynthia Cosgrove. (Sorry, Cynthia.) Her desire to have a life outside of Don makes her that much more interesting — and appealing to those of us grossed out by submissiveness.

6. She won't put up with Don's crap.

View this image ›

Few of the women in Don's life have stood up to him the way that Megan does. Their relationship is very dysfunctional at times, and often hard to watch, but you have to appreciate the way Megan stands up for herself and otherwise calls Don on his bullshit. She's not the "perfect wife" by '60s standards, which just makes her a more interesting character to follow.

7. She's thrived despite her awful parents.

View this image ›

Ugh, Megan's parents. They're total assholes, right? Megan's relationship with her mother and father has obviously had a negative effect, so it's extra impressive that she's managed to step out from under them. With their comments undercutting her at every turn, she has continued to pursue her dreams, while others would have conceded defeat.
    Image by Ron Jaffe/AMC

8. She's civil with Betty.

View this image ›

Can you imagine having to deal with Betty Francis without tearing your hair out? Or hers? I know Betty has her defenders, but she's been kind of awful to everyone for the past couple seasons of Mad Men, and it's a testament to Megan's grace and class that she doesn't completely lay into her husband's ex. I mean, look, they're not BFFs — I'm just saying this could have gone way worse.
    Image by Jordin Althaus/AMC

9. She gets Don out of his comfort zone.

View this image ›

Betty never felt like a challenge to Don: she was the life he knew, and she never did much to push him in any particular direction. Megan keeps Don young — or at least reminds him of how old he's gotten. It's not always pleasant to see our leading man so out of touch, but it's important for Mad Men to not let Don off easy. Megan is the perfect catalyst for change.
    Image by Jordin Althaus/AMC

10. She treats Sally like an equal.

View this image ›

We've covered Megan's relationship with Don's kids, but there's something particularly great about her bond with Sally. With a mother like Betty, Sally has very few positive female role models in her life. Megan doesn't necessarily represent the ideal path to follow, but she's independent, resourceful, and compassionate, qualities a young person like Sally would do well to adopt.
    Image by Ron Jaffe/AMC

11. She's going places.

View this image ›

Whether or not she remains with Don, Megan has a future. Like Peggy and Joan, she's a woman who isn't defined by the man in her life. Sure, initially, we knew Megan only as Don's latest fling, but by the end of Season 5, she was thoroughly her own person. As we enter Mad Men's sixth season, we can look forward to seeing Megan go off on her own path, Don Draper be damned.

11 Reasons To Love Megan Draper On "Mad Men"
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

They forgot #12 she annoying as hell and I really hope this season is focused on her . I want more focus on Joan or Don getting back to his man whore ways

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    They forgot #12 she annoying as hell and I really hope this season is focused on her . I want more focus on Joan or Don getting back to his man whore ways
    Well, according to that last sentence in the 11 Reasons post, it says "as we enter Mad Men's sixth season, we can look forward to seeing Megan go off on her own path, Don be damned." Hmmmm. I couldn't help but wonder.....

I don't really hate Megan or her character, I hate the version of Don Draper that he is with her...if that makes sense? I miss the old Don.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sneak peek:

I am digging Harry's groovy sideburns!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Which of Don's women are you? Take the quiz:

Mad Men - Which of Don’s Women Are You – AMC

I am Megan, btw.

Thread Information