Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Lane fucked up big time I think. Not only did he take out a loan on projected (not actual) revenues, which are now even less with the airline cancelling their advertising budget. He forged a check AND the rest of the 50k is going to employee bonuses on money everyone thinks is profit. All for $7500 he needed and surely could have borrowed from one of the partners? What's gonna happen when that loan gets called in?

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    ^^I think Roger has FAMILY money, saying at one point, his family's money paid for the agency.
    I'm sure you're right, but I thought when they sold the original agency, it was because Roger needed the money so he could pay off Mona to marry Jane. I guess that's why I didn't think he was as well off as he seems to be now. But maybe I'm misremembering... (wouldn't be the first time)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yep, Lane is in a world of shit. There isn't any way he can cover this up for very long. Maybe HE is the one who is going to go postal, or fall down the elevator shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I'm sure you're right, but I thought when they sold the original agency, it was because Roger needed the money so he could pay off Mona to marry Jane. I guess that's why I didn't think he was as well off as he seems to be now. But maybe I'm misremembering... (wouldn't be the first time)
    I only said that because Roger mentioned it in a very recent episode, so maybe he still has money.

Wonder if Megan knows all about Don's past and that's why she was mad he left work, cuz she thought he was dipping is dick into the lady pond.

Wonder what Lane's supposed to go to jail for?

I was really hoping Harry wasn't going to the Hare Krishnas. Poor Paul. (He's the best recruiter!)

I do hope for Joan and Roger to finally get together.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lane is in trouble for back taxes in England.

So who sent the roses to Joan? (I assumed it was Don, but I was half asleep and couldn't see the card.)

Lane is an idiot.

Paul as a Hare Krishna!! LOL! Remember in the 70's when they used to hang out at airports trying to recruit people?

Loved the Jaguar Don bought! (For $6,000!)

Don sent the flowers - during their talk at the bar Don said she received so many flowers he thought she was dating Ali Khan. She said her mother raised her to be admired.

The card said "your mother did a good job" signed Ali Khan.

Now on to Megan....My first impression was that of course she was ticked because he came home late and drunk and didn't call her - but part of it was also that she is mad that he is not interested in work anymore. Then the Jag account may come on board and there is Don literally removing his jacket to get down to work - I am HOPING that this is a signal that maybe we will see a return of the old Don?!?!? In some aspects anyway - not sure I want the philandering - just his old work passion and brilliance.

ugh, enough with Megan. She's either going to leave him, or kill herself. Maybe, hopefully both. this season is kind of disappointing.

i loved that Don rescued Joan from the office. I need him to go back to his old ways. I hate that he is so into Megan. Almost to the point of being pussywhipped.

i had forgotten how annoying the Hare Krishna peeps were.
    eboni likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i loved that Don rescued Joan from the office.
    I hope the receptionist files a formal complaint with Human Resources about Joan throwing an object at her! That's hostile behavior. The receptionist could sue for emotional distress.

Oh wait, this was the 60's. Hostile behavior went on all the time in offices and no one ever stood up against it.

Good to see Paul back if only briefly he was one of my favourite characters.

Lane is in deep sh*t. As a poster has said he has forged a cheque for money that he won't even get. I wonder how this will effect the agency long term? In terms of finances.

Joan losing it in the office totally surprised me.

Loved the whole Hare Krishna thing. I thought that the actress who played Paul's girlfriend did a good job.

Megan and Don are growing further apart IMO. They now have so little in common. I don't see the marriage lasting.

Agreed with the poster that this season has been lacking. Still its entertaining but needs to end soon IMO.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'll be glad when it ends I think. It's becoming a little too insular. Big things were happening in the 60's and I'm not sure broadening the scope even just a little bit is on the MM horizon. So yeah, end it before we're itching too badly to get the hell out of sterile office buildings and plush apartments.

A*O

I think I'm ready to bail out on MM. We are behind the US so last nite Megan saved the Heinz contract and Sally saw Roger being blown. None of it believable. Even the acting is crap. Peggy's hair REALLY annoys me too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Lane is maybe my favorite MM character, I'm really bummed about the embezzling. For heaven's sake, he beat-up Pete AND kissed Joan this season. I thought he was on an upswing.
    card likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

I haven't enjoyed it as much this season as I had anticipated.

But I have read some heavy-duty spoilers for tonight's episode online and it should be a very eventful episode. (I actually wish I hadn't read the spoilers so there is no way I will pass them along.) I also think the remaining episode(s) (not sure how many are left) will lay on the drama.

I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last. The time jump before last season really put me off and I never felt it recovered, but this season seems more interesting, if a bit scattered storyline-wise.

I didn't want to like Megan, but I do. Roger has seemed like a buffoon most of this season, but he seems to be pulling it together more now that he's broken up with Jane. Don looks really stressed all the time. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Peggy, but her hair annoys me, too.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Good on Peggy! It was only a matter of time before she was going to have to break out, and I'm glad she did it with some class. And her shit-eating grin at the end as The Kinks starts playing was awesome.

So disappointed in Joan. Not sure if she was smirking when she saw that Peggy had left.

Thread Information