Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1744
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: Mad Men

Hit By Ban Bus!

Not one of the most exciting eps but interesting in spurts.

I agree with Peggy's mom but not for the same reason. I don't think Abe is consciously using her for 'practice' but in that day and age--as opposed to now when nobody cares--- it showed a distinct lack of respect and consideration for Peggy to ask her move in together rather than to marry him. Peggy is in a business where image counts for a lot and their clients are quite conservative. If she thinks those stodgy old men don't respect her now just wait until they find out she's 'living in sin'. It could actually jeopardize her standing in the company and Abe should have thought of that. I think he did it out of jealousy because the guys in the office kept talking about her boobage. He wants to 'own' the rights to Peggy without actually having to take full responsibility for the relationship.

At 13 I went on a 'date' to an awards banquet with a silver haired old fox like Sally with Roger. [nothing perverted ya'll, he was a friend of my mother's date, whose own date had stood him up] He was a kindly and sophisticated old guy who made it one of the most magical nights of my young life. I'm sorry it was ruined for her.

Still no Betty. This is getting strange.

I know it's TV, but when Don picked up the kids because Grandma fell down, they didn't get Gene, just the other 2. Why would he not take all the kids?

Roger still has the best lines. Next to "spread your legs."
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

I know it's TV, but when Don picked up the kids because Grandma fell down, they didn't get Gene, just the other 2. Why would he not take all the kids?
    I think we've seen before that when Betty and Henry go out of town, they take Gene with it, because he's so young. Maybe they don't trust Pauline with a baby, or she's said that it's too much for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Not one of the most exciting eps but interesting in spurts.

I agree with Peggy's mom but not for the same reason. I don't think Abe is consciously using her for 'practice' but in that day and age--as opposed to now when nobody cares--- it showed a distinct lack of respect and consideration for Peggy to ask her move in together rather than to marry him. Peggy is in a business where image counts for a lot and their clients are quite conservative. If she thinks those stodgy old men don't respect her now just wait until they find out she's 'living in sin'. It could actually jeopardize her standing in the company and Abe should have thought of that. I think he did it out of jealousy because the guys in the office kept talking about her boobage. He wants to 'own' the rights to Peggy without actually having to take full responsibility for the relationship.
    True and well said.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post

Roger still has the best lines. Next to "spread your legs."
    I think it was Sally who mentioned that Gene was on the trip with Betty and whatsisface. It's disturbing though because there really is a lack of bonding between Don and the baby. Whatsisface---why can't I remember his name?--is going to end up that kid's father for all intents and purposes.

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet
    True and well said.
    Thanks! It wouldn't surprise me if jeopardizing her standing in the company was part of the reason he did it. He's jealous of the time she spends at work, after all

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post

"One day she'll spread her legs and fly"!
    i woke hub up because he heard me laughing. that was hysterical.

i wasn't too thrilled with last nights episode. Where is Betty? its too much Megan. I'm thinking that Don is going to get upset with Megans success and will end up cheating...with betty. (one can wish, right?)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I wish it, too. I like Megan but I miss Betty's messed up ass. Imo, she has more potential for dramatic change/action than Megan does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I think it was Sally who mentioned that Gene was on the trip with Betty and whatsisface. It's disturbing though because there really is a lack of bonding between Don and the baby. Whatsisface---why can't I remember his name?--is going to end up that kid's father for all intents and purposes.

Henry
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

*smacks forehead* Thank you!

I just got into this show,and finished watching seasons 1-4 on Netflix. I am starting season 5 now and I'm hooked. Don is a complicated man( although, he's one of the most handsome men I've ever seen), I don't know why he proposed to Meagan after no real courtship.

I had a feeling Joan would keep the baby.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Forgot to mention that Roger makes that show. My favorite one-liner is after the lawn mower incident(season 2?) Harry told Roger the guy lost his foot. Roger replies, without missing a beat "awe, just when he was getting it in the door". I laughed my ass off.

I'm surprised there's not been a book published with just Roger Sterling one-liners.

*checks Amazon*

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    I don't know why he proposed to Meagan after no real courtship.
    Because Don can't be alone. He self destructs.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I realize that, and she is a very stupid girl.

Sasha - i agree with you. Hopefully no one at Sterling Cooper will guess that Peggy is 'living in sin' with her boyfriend. You are so right he has no respect for her (for that time). Also i know she had to tell her mum but i don't know why she expected her to agree with the arrangement. Her mum and her are not close as it is, plus she is very religious.

Loved Megan saving Don's pitch. She is savvy and good at that business. Agreed with the posters that her rising fortune may cause tensions within the marriage.

Little Sally is growing up. Good to see the 'weird' kid from Season 1. Is he in boarding school? I loved his mum - the actress who played her had the best one liners.

I knew the minute Roger walked in that he was attracted to Don's mother in law. I kept screaming inside 'Don't do it Roger'. But he couldn't help himself. Hope that Sally is not to traumitised by what she saw. I feel she is going to grow up way too fast and not in a good way.

Loved this ep particularly the weird vibe it was like Twin Peaks in some ways. One of my favourites of the season.

Thread Information